News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

yeah sure I'll give my money that easy... opinions

Started by Nacho-RT74, January 14, 2008, 10:29:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nacho-RT74

This is an email chain of ask and replies... of course copied from the last one, so the first sent is at bottom, making a response from my Moparts wanted parts  ad. ( same as the one posted here ). No PM yet.

opinions!!!

( I'm hidding the phone number and email addres for respect, however between matt and me made a search about his ID on several boards, starting from his email address )

My mopar parts guy is an old farmer with no Internet Access. Too much work getting pictures, downloading them, then sending them through email, waiting for a response, etc. Those are all benefits that are granted through Ebay and that's probably where you will have to go for those specific pieces. I have a lot of work on my own cars as it is, if you had sent a deposit like I stated the other day I would go have the guy pick out his best Charger parts.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: Monday, January 14, 2008 12:35 PM
To: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: Dodge Charger Parts Wanted ad

Hey thanks, and really appreciate the help, that's amazing and yes I know sometimes is hard to get help when we are outside USA, but please would love to get pics about what I'll get of the parts list to see the conditions, or maybe if you can provide me his email will be great too . Also would preffer prices of parts once to make the complete payment once.

Any kind of help will be appreciate.

I have a prefect feedback too on dodgecharger.com and 1971-1974charger.com

Thanks.
Nacho.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To: ignaciomorae@hotmail.com
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 12:22:35 -0500

I've been a Moparts member with Perfect Feedback for over 3 years. They belong to my Mopar Part's Guy. I would have to ask him to Pull all of them out and then allow me to take pictures of them. Then ask him for prices. He is over 100 miles North of me. Too much of a hassle for me. I was simply trying to help you out and get a sale for my Parts Guy. Most of the members will not even respond to an out of the country ad. I don't mind, my '68 Charger and Coronet were bought by a guy in Italy.

Take Care

Sent: Monday, January 14, 2008 11:58 AM
To: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I'm not worry about payment, since I can pay by Money order because a friend of mine has some money of mine in Iowa. I'm also able to pay with paypal. I was more interested about what you got me of the parts listed and pics about what I would get. I don't buy without see what I get. Is already hard buy with pics, you can imagine without them. In fact I have got deceptions also with pics, but still request for them. Is the only way.

Thanks.
Nacho.

Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2008 18:24:00 -0500

If you send a Western Union Check of $200 for a deposit, I will get the parts and do it online.

Sent: Saturday, January 12, 2008 8:27 PM
To: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I'm outside USA ( Venezuela ) if we can make the deal by email will be better.
Thanks
Nacho.

Subject: Dodge Charger Parts Wanted ad
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2008 19:14:55 -0500

My mopar parts guy will have most if not all of those parts. Give me a call xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

69bronzeT5

Quote from: Nacho-RT74 on January 14, 2008, 10:29:50 PM
Too much work getting pictures, downloading them, then sending them through email, waiting for a response, etc.

Sounds like he dosent care about making a sale. Sorta sounds like he just wants the money from you and chances are, you wont get the parts...either that or they will be worse than said.
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

69CoronetRT

You asked him to drive 200 miles, drag out parts, take pictures and send them to you with no guarantee you would like what he had and would buy them. He wasn't going to go through the effort for free. Plus, he was suspicious because you were out of the country.  :Twocents:
Seeking information on '69 St. Louis plant VINs, SPDs and VONs. Buld sheets and tag pictures appreciated. Over 3,000 on file thanks to people like you.

hemihead

Quote from: 69CoronetRT on January 14, 2008, 11:30:26 PM
You asked him to drive 200 miles, drag out parts, take pictures and send them to you with no guarantee you would like what he had and would buy them. He wasn't going to go through the effort for free. Plus, he was suspicious because you were out of the country.  :Twocents:
I wouldn't do that either. Too much of a hassle with no guarantee of a sell or getting his money.
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

Charger1973

I personally think its BS and the guy is just being an a$$hole.  Anyone in their right mind would at least want pictures of the items before sending a stranger $200 for a "deposit" on parts  that neither of you even know exist.  If he was serious he could call the guy and ask what he has and the condition.  He is just hoping you will be desperate enough to send him the money.  Besides, being out of the country doesnt really mean anything since I would be the one sending him the money and the parts would be shipped to an address in the United States. 

69CoronetRT

He asked Nacho to call (establishes a personal relationship. Shows you are serious)
Nacho said 'email' (Impersonal and unreliable. Does nothing to relieve suspicions about dealing with an out of country buyer)

A phone call from either of you, would have gone a long way to establishing you were credibile and serious. Since you were the 'go between' it would have been better for you to call or go see the guy and parts. It's not too late. Give the guy a call and work it out. :Twocents:
Seeking information on '69 St. Louis plant VINs, SPDs and VONs. Buld sheets and tag pictures appreciated. Over 3,000 on file thanks to people like you.

Charger1973

Im not the go between at all, and dont want to be.  I just owe Nacho some money, so I would be the one sending the money order if he bought something.  I really think the guy should call his buddy and see what he actually does or doesnt have before asking Nacho to send him $200.

Forza

Man Nacho you have all the worse luck when it comes to getting parts. This dude just sounds like he is trying to be an asshole. If he was really the one helping his friend that has no internet access sell his parts you would think he would go in 1 trip and take pictures of all the parts he was selling so he would have it for future potential customers. I just don't see his problem, does he really expect you or anyone to give him money without seeing the product?

bakerhillpins

No way I would send anyone $200 on a promise that they would drive all that way and pick up the parts. Even if the guy is legit and WILL eventually go get them. He already stated he has many other things pulling on his time. So you send the money and then it becomes a waiting game... how long before he finds the time to go get them. Offering a phone # doesn't mean anything as far as I am concerned.

Frankly, IMHO its got too many elements of a scam. 1 - It's a perfect "excuse" why he isn't doing anything, he doesn't have the time to take care of it as its a long drive, or he doesn't have room to bring back the parts. 2 - They aren't even his parts, he is selling for someone else who will most likely become the one who isn't able to do their part and will eventually be the one that was given the money and didn't deliver. (Seller can wash their hands of it). 3 - They aren't his parts, its his parts guy who he is trying to "help out". 4 - can't be bothered to take pics? Has no internet access! 5 - If he isn't making anything off the deal (or even if he was) why can't he just give you the contact info and you can work directly with his parts guy?

I don't ever buy anything over the net without pics. Yea, pics can be fake, but the more effort someone puts into the sale the more likely it is legit. Ask the guy to get back in touch with you the next time he is up at his parts guys place and comes back with pics. It might take longer but at least you would know.

YMMV
Bryan
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

hemihead

Look at it this way also , to be fair he doesn't HAVE to sell you any parts and if you think he's scamming , you don't HAVE to buy his parts . I would just walk away and don't worry about it .  :shruggy:
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

Nacho-RT74

I got your point 69CoronetRT but my deal about email instead call phone stuff is to save from languages missundertood. Is not the same write and show pics than just talk about. My spoken english maybe is not exactly the same "good" ( If I can say that ) like write it. I have time to check and retype anything when I'm writting. And try to understand to somebody in english by phone, not in person could be hard. In person you have also a physical language expression.

about he travel 100 miles ( not 200 ) without guarantee to buy. I never asked if he can make that, he offered me. I asked if there was someway to contact to his parts guy directly. So then whats the deal on OFFER THE HELP...

He didn't offered to me what I would get. What about I send the money and parts are not the ones I expected or doesn't fill my list ? or conditions ? he would keep the money to cover gas ? but I won't get anything!... Or if I'm not agree with price ?

And anyway, whats the deal about do it on line ? aren't we mostly of the time getting deals on line instead by phone ? If that's a problem, I have more than 6K post here and I think mostly good relationship on board. I'm contributor on 3rd gen website. The counter part is he just have 160 post on moparts allong 3 years, and something similar on Coronet website ( Matt and me made a research about, starting from the email address )

yeah I did take my descision about. I just make offers and comit buy when I see what I'm getting.

well I wanted to share this, just that.
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html