News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Triple black 69 R/T SE is home,it was real.....

Started by 69 OUR/TEA, January 12, 2008, 10:32:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69 OUR/TEA

Hey gang,here is the triple black charger R/T SE that was on e-bay this week,turned out to be as real as they come.There have  always been thoughts running thru my head about changing my B5 R/T white top white stripe to triple black,but never did,and have always  responded to threads about someone asking "what color to paint my charger?", would reply "triple black".Every time I am at Carlisle,or other mopar events and see a 3x black charger,makes me want to go home and break out the sandpaper.Well after today I do not have to run that thought thru my head anymore,as I picked up a very solid ,loaded triple black 69 R/T SE,still wearing its CA black plate.Options such as: air cond,power windows,six way seat,rear defogger,tic-toc tach,AM/FM,power disc brakes,buddy seat,3spd wipers,rocker moldings,luggage rack,stripe delete,and pass side mirror.Very solid car,with the only rust issue being the trunk floor lower pan area( water must have been sitting in there as it is scaly and has some small holes),and the drivers rear 1/4 ,and about a six inch patch will be needed just in front of the valance corner,but done low enough that it will not be seen when trunk is open.Everything else is about as rust free as they come.The only other weird thing that I will have to fix,and cannot beleive someone did this!!!,they grafted in,I think AMC,smooth door handles that I will have remove,patch and put back to original.Interior needs headliner,carpet,front door panels,seat upolstry.Dash is mint,as all the upper door cushions also.Engine compartment and underneath are also beautiful and rust free.Even the e-brake and reg brakes all work fine.The car came with all the A/C stuff ,alot of brand new parts,and matching #'s tranny(no motor though).A couple friends went with me today to help out ,one was board member RT/SE who was also excited because he has a triple black R/T SE 4spd dana stripe delete car,and is amazed that there will be 2 of these 3x9 R/T SE's  less than 2 miles from each other.Here are some pics of the car and the adventure to go get it....

69 OUR/TEA

some more....

Brock Samson

69 OUR/TEA

some more....

69 OUR/TEA

last ones....

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

TripleBlackGator

Real nice find but then I'm a bit biased.  :D  Those door handles are what I spied first. I have never seen such a thing done to an otherwise relatively stock car. It surely took some time and talent but of all things to customize that would be last on my list.  What are your plans? Hopefully a stock restoration.
Malicious, vindictive, spiteful, cynical, pessimistic, sarcastic, & antagonistic. And those are my good traits!

Back N Black

remta1

xs29j8Bullitt

After 8 years of downsizing, whats left...
1968 Charger R/T, Automatic, 426 Hemi
1968 Polara 4Dr Sdn, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1968 Polara 4Dr HT, Automatic, 383
1969 Charger 500, 4 Speed, 440 Magnum
1969 Daytona, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1969 Road Runner, 4 Speed, 426 Hemi
1970 `Cuda, Automatic, 440-6BBL
1970 Challenger T/A, Automatic, 340 6 Pack
2004 Ram, Automatic, 5.7L Hemi
2009 Challenger SRT8, Automatic, 6.1L Hemi
<This Space Reserved for a 2016 Challenger SRT Hellcat, 8Sp Automatic,

pettyfan43

That thing is in my top 5 of cars I would LOVE to own. 69 Chargers are my favorite year overall - LOVE the grille and taillights.

I miss my 70 R/T S/E - Limelight green w/black trim.

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

SeattleCharger

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

TruckDriver

Nice car! Too bad they did that to the door handels :rotz:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

bull

Awesome! That thing really looks to be in good shape. Those door handles look like A$$ for sure but the rest of it sure is clean.

tan top

wow look that them floor pans :yesnod:  , what a awesome charger  :drool5:,  congratulations     :cheers:  good deal    :2thumbs:
why would somebody do that to the door handles though :RantExplode: ....... 
    would love to see more pictures :popcrn: :popcrn: ....... :2thumbs:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Hemidog

Just 6T9 CHGR

Paul, really great news to hear you got it!  I will officially be changing ownership names in the registry!!  Really great find :cheers:

Any chance you found the BS as of yet?   Looks like hood pins were added as well as a few other custom emblems etc... :scope:

PS----check your PM as well....
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

ChargerSG

Congrats, i want a Trippelblack 69 RT/SE Charger to :icon_smile_big:
Looking for 383 Magnum #0B196875 and 0B115166

1969chargerrtse

Wow, that car is awesome.  I have never been a Triple black Charger guy, but after seeing those pictures I can understand why you are.  Unbelievable amount of options.  Can't remember the last time I saw a passenger side mirror?  So happy for you, I'm sure it will end up a museum piece after you're done with it.  What a rare find, and people keep trashing ebay?  Thanks for all the pictures, can't wait to come up see it.  Looks great! :drool5:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

BrianShaughnessy

Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

69 OUR/TEA

Thanks alot guys,without a doubt,all original,and don't have to debate the color this time!!!!!!.I was blown away when I saw the door handles :brickwall:.It came with 2 door skin areas around the handle and 2 new door handles.And the placing of more R/T emblems  :shruggy:.Thank God he did'nt hack up the interior,and the very $$$$$$ AM/FM is still in place.To boot,the taillight cover is mint and in place,tailights are real nice,even the chrome bezel on them,and to my suprise the jack was all in place.Can't tell by the pics,but the rims,tires,caps and lugs are also brand new,tires still have the stickers on them.Needless to say,when I looked at this car earlier this week,when the garage door opened I pretty much knew I would be buying,but would not be at ease until it was on my trailor and I was back on the ferry.Thanks again guys

Spike

Love this picture :2thumbs:

As for the door handles, not a big deal, it could have had Lambo doors!!!

That floor board is about as rust free and solid as you are ever going to find, very nice Charger.

firefighter3931

Very Nice !  :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:

Triple black rules.....you did good !  :2thumbs:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

NYCMille