News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The inevitable happened........ Had to sell my Charger

Started by TruckDriver, December 31, 2007, 05:07:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TruckDriver

That's right, I sold my Charger for a price that has me almost breaking even on everything I've spent on it (not including the shipping here). I did not want to sell it, but keeping me and my son from being homeless is a bit more important. This guy is a friend of the guy who's barn it is in. I was on the phone with my friend, and I got the "If you wanna sell it, I know someone who would be interested" statement. Well, to make the story short, After a few phone calls back and forth, the deal was made in 15 minutes. The new owner promises to restore it as he has done a few cars already I guess. Selling this one wasn't as hard as my first two though. I guess maybe because I wasn't super crazy about the '72 S.E. quarter windows. So, as for now, I am going to fix my '93 Dakota up a bit to replace the damaged left front corner that was there when I bought it. Then, this summer, I'll be looking for another Charger again. But because of the prices that keep putting most of them out of reach for me, probably be a 360 or big block '73 or '74 S.E. as I always liked them a lot anyway (unless I come across a deal of a 2nd gen Charger, my true favorite). If I don't go with a different Charger, probably going to be a '73 or '74 Roadrunner (if I can find one), a Coronet, or a '70s Aspen or Volare Roadrunner or R/T or Super Coupe. I'm also going to look at mid 1980s Monte Carlo SS. Regardless, I will always be here as you guys are more family to me than you realize.

Pete
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

dukeboy_318

well, im glad you were able to sell it, but sad that you had too, hopefully things will turn around, ill keep a look out for you on some projects when youre ready good luck and keep your head up :cheers:
1978 Dodge Power Wagon W200 4x4- 408 stroker/4spd
1974 Dodge Dart Swinger. 440 project in the works.

Ghoste

You did the right thing, you have to look after your kids first man. :2thumbs:  You'll get another one.

NMike

doctorpimp

Sorry to hear about your loss.  I guess it wasn't time :(
There will be more cars to come - but stay away from that dang Chevy SS LOL ;)
'73 Coupe, 470, Keisler 5spd, 3.55 SG; Petty Blue; Hideaway Headlights.

www.cardomain.com/ride/2119216

RD

sad to hear.. to make your day better though, when you find a new charger/mopar, I will build you a new transmission (727/904) for free to help you out.  You just pay for the shipping to your place (around $80-$90).  Sound good pete?
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Charger1973

Damn Pete.  Well maybe you can get a 73/74 SE like you were talking about. 

1969chargerrtse

Sorry to hear that, sucks to part with cars. Take care of the family, there are many wheels out there in your future and the Monte SS is common and a well built car.  Good Luck.  :icon_smile_wink:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

chgr500

NHCharger

Sorry to hear that Pete. Hope everything works out for you. From what I've seen on e-bay lately 73/74 Chargers driver's can be had for a decent price.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

69bronzeT5

Sucks to here that Pete. Hope you get another one one day :yesnod:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

TUFCAT

I know how hard that is ...and I feel for you brother. I sold (gave away) a very nice 1972 Charger Rallye in 2003 that would be worth a real fortune now.  But, it was the wise thing to do then, and I'm happier without it - if that makes any sense.  It took me a while of buying and selling upwards until I was able to buy another car I really liked - - for half the investment of the Charger...and I like it more ;)  I still love 3rd gen Chargers, but would never own another one because I'm superstitious .....they're bad luck for me!  :P   

71ChallengeHer

Sorry you had to sell your Charger but family 1st. :cheers: I hope you have a great New Year.

73chgrSE

Sorry to hear that. I hope 2008 is a better year for us all.

AKcharger

You did the right thing! Chargers are stupid cars anyway! It would have cost too much to restore even if you got around to it and  it would have gotten stolen or wrecked...you're better off selling it!

(I'm helping you rationalize your decision  :2thumbs:)

derailed

Glad you did ok on it. Its sucks you have to make a move like that sometimes but right now I know the feeling as im about in the same boat after a shitty year that im glad is over after tonight. Hopefully next year will be better.

T3/RT

Don`t fret dude, there is more Chargers out there in better condition then ever before. You will find yourself a better car for a better price in the near future.

1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2002 Chrysler Sebring LXi Conv.
2005 Chrysler 300C
2010 Dodge Challenger SRT

bmoparmofo

Couldnt you have sold your kids?...just kidding, life happens and it aint cheap!
69 charger 383 t5, 67 newport 383, 67 newport custom 383

mikesbbody

sorry to hear that im sure things will be better for you soon  :2thumbs:

ChargerSG

Sorry to hear, before you know it you will have a new one :cheers:
Looking for 383 Magnum #0B196875 and 0B115166

TruckDriver

Thank for the support everyone! Means a lot to me. It's flustrating to me though, because this is the third Charger I had and sold. I only drove the first one I had, and to this day, I still have never drivin' a big block car of any kind :P :brickwall:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

BMOTOXSTAR

I had to do the same thing 2 years ago with my 73' Charger SE Survivor that I had for over 15 years. :rotz:
Now I am back into the hobby & I have 2 Mopars that are nice. :2thumbs:
As hard as it is, material things come & go.
I know the feeling and it is tough.
73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

dukeboy_318

Quote from: Wi. Charger Guy on January 01, 2008, 11:29:34 AM
Thank for the support everyone! Means a lot to me. It's flustrating to me though, because this is the third Charger I had and sold. I only drove the first one I had, and to this day, I still have never drivin' a big block car of any kind :P :brickwall:

tell you what, once i get my motor done, ill drive up to you and let you drive it  :2thumbs: , its only about a 6 hr drive for me, gives me an excuse for a road trip  :icon_smile_wink: , bad part is, it wont be a stock big block, it'll be a stroker, go big or go home right, hehe  :D
1978 Dodge Power Wagon W200 4x4- 408 stroker/4spd
1974 Dodge Dart Swinger. 440 project in the works.

Khyron

Quote from: AKcharger on December 31, 2007, 11:10:29 PM
You did the right thing! Chargers are stupid cars anyway! It would have cost too much to restore even if you got around to it and  it would have gotten stolen or wrecked...you're better off selling it!

GET HIM!

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

TeeWJay426

Sorry to hear that Pete... almost had to part with mine last year, but struggled through and in the end got to keep it. I feel your pain... but it sounds like it was for the right reasons, and other opportunities will come along when you're in a better position to take advantage of them. Good to hear you'll be sticking around.
74 Charger SE, 400 HP, 4-speed