News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What B5 year is this 71 or something else?

Started by 4aThrill, December 28, 2007, 10:59:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

4aThrill

Today I got the Mopar Enthusiast in the mail and they have a 71 Charger 500 on the cover. The Charger is in B5 but it does not look like the 71 B5 blue; it looks more like an older B5 or B7 blue. The only reason why I say this I have a 71 Charger 500 too, and the original color is B7. It's in the shop right now getting restored. I am seeing the painter here tomorrow to make sure he has the right color. The paint is from PPG and will be clear coated, I know the color will change a bit from the clear coat right, but will the clear coat make it darker or lighter?  I don't have an attachment of the pic of the car on the on the cover I went looking for it on the web I will scan and attach it soon.

Ghoste

I wouldn't put a tremendous degree of accuracy into how colors appear in magazines.  The car could easily be the correct shade when you see it live but look very different in print.

71 Bee Man

Quote from: 4aThrill on December 28, 2007, 10:59:56 PM
Today I got the Mopar Enthusiast in the mail and they have a 71 Charger 500 on the cover. The Charger is in B5 but it does not look like the 71 B5 blue; it looks more like an older B5 or B7 blue. The only reason why I say this I have a 71 Charger 500 too, and the original color is B7. It's in the shop right now getting restored. I am seeing the painter here tomorrow to make sure he has the right color. The paint is from PPG and will be clear coated, I know the color will change a bit from the clear coat right, but will the clear coat make it darker or lighter?  I don't have an attachment of the pic of the car on the on the cover I went looking for it on the web I will scan and attach it soon.

Y'know what ? They reckon my car isn't like the original B5 blue either, but apparently that's what it is.

Peter
Add your details to the Forum members List. Visit this thread to find out more :
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,21133.240.html

4aThrill