News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

Started by Lowprofile, December 14, 2007, 03:13:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike DC

That show's gotta be expensive as a MoFo to produce.  I doubt it can survive for very long with only "decent" ratings.

73chgrSE

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Dave22443

The local FOX News station did a special on it after the show last night.  The season was so short because of the writers strike.  As for a decision on continuing the series or not, that decision has not yet been announced.  As far as the show goes, it is a ratings success.  But as mentioned before, it is quite expensive to produce so they are weighing their decisions carefully.

As to the comments earlier about wanting to see Arnold somewhere in the show, don't hold your breath.  Apparently the new shows cast is completely against the idea.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
- Abraham Lincoln

Silver R/T

I wasnt impressed with it, especially "finale"
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Drache

Quote from: Dave22443 on March 04, 2008, 06:46:55 PM
The local FOX News station did a special on it after the show last night.  The season was so short because of the writers strike.  As for a decision on continuing the series or not, that decision has not yet been announced.  As far as the show goes, it is a ratings success.  But as mentioned before, it is quite expensive to produce so they are weighing their decisions carefully.

As to the comments earlier about wanting to see Arnold somewhere in the show, don't hold your breath.  Apparently the new shows cast is completely against the idea.

personally that sounds like a way for FOX to just dump the show. Sure the strike did happen but now they have an easy way to dump the show and just tell people it couldn't have been helped. I haven't talked to a single person yet who loved the show so "ratings success" I doubt.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

TruckDriver

Seriously? Me and my son both LOVE the show! I honestly think it is the best sci fi show I ever seen on tv next to Battlestar Gallactica. But like I said before, the show would be better fit ont he Sci Fi channel. Maybe they will pick it up. I hate it when they cancel a show in the middle of a cliff-hanger like they did. :brickwall:
PETE

"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

73chgrSE

I liked it, and I watch very little fictional tv these days. I hope it comes back, or atleast run this season once more because I missed  2 episodes.

Dave22443

I didn't miss any episodes so count me firmly in the "like it" group  :2thumbs:

If I do have a complaint about it, it would be too much Sarah and not enough John.  I mean, yes, its called the Sarah Conner Cronicles, but John is supposed to grow into the great leader of the human race and a super fighter.  So far he's proven to be pretty much a mama's boy.  Don't get me wrong, he is growing, I just think its taking too long.  What are they, like 4 years from doomsday now?  Better get a move on John! :2guns:

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
- Abraham Lincoln

J-440

I can't believe you guys are overlooking the ultimate bad-ass babe which is Sarah Connor (Lena Heady) herself.  She's the queen in the ultimate bad-ass movie...300.  Next to Transformers, 300 kicks ass.
68 R/T, 440/727 6-speed, SC G-machine...black suede

TruckDriver

Quote from: J-440 on March 06, 2008, 07:40:42 PM
She's the queen in the ultimate bad-ass movie...300.  Next to Transformers, 300 kicks ass.

I never heard of 300 :shruggy:
PETE

Dave22443

I've heard of 300 and seen the previews.  Never saw the movie though.  It looked good.

- Abraham Lincoln

rav440

Quote from: Dave22443 on March 06, 2008, 04:29:35 PM

If I do have a complaint about it, it would be too much Sarah and not enough John.  I mean, yes, its called the Sarah Conner Cronicles, but John is supposed to grow into the great leader of the human race and a super fighter.  So far he's proven to be pretty much a mama's boy.  Don't get me wrong, he is growing, I just think its taking too long.  What are they, like 4 years from doomsday now?  Better get a move on John! :2guns:

it should be about SARAH not JONH , its about how she got him to be the man he became . as far as it see it , i missed the 1st 3 shows but it looks like it is set in the now 2008 so that means they are 11 years past DOOMSDAY . AUGAST 29 1997 . i doo like the show and hope it returns . :2thumbs:

ans i agree 300 was a great movie and Lena Heady is smokn hot  :drool5:

1973 PLYMOUTH road runner GTX

70charginglizard

Quote from: rav440 on March 07, 2008, 05:37:50 PM
Quote from: Dave22443 on March 06, 2008, 04:29:35 PM

it should be about SARAH not JONH , its about how she got him to be the man he became . as far as it see it , i missed the 1st 3 shows but it looks like it is set in the now 2008 so that means they are 11 years past DOOMSDAY . AUGAST 29 1997 . i doo like the show and hope it returns . :2thumbs:

ans i agree 300 was a great movie and Lena Heady is smokn hot  :drool5:

yep...as long as it has the "smokin hot" factor I'll stick with it... :D
70charginglizard

J-440

Not to hijack this thread or anything but I advise everyone of you who haven't seen 300, go and rent it this weekend.  Talk about a movie that will pump you up...this is it.  Lots of blood so watch out for the kids.  This is definitly a top 5 action flick of all time. 
68 R/T, 440/727 6-speed, SC G-machine...black suede

73chgrSE

Yeah speaking of all the cgi blood, notice how the ground is never blood staind in many of the fight scenes? What's up with that? Cost too much to type that in? :smilielol:

seriously though, it was a good movie.

TruckDriver

I myself don't care for movies with a lot of blood.
PETE

Mike DC

I came away thinking that "300" was basically two hours of raw testosterone.  No better and no worse. 

It was very well done for what it was though.  Nobody could have tried to make the same kind of movie and done it any better than they did.   

Brock Samson

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25971.0.html

I haven't seen it yet but 10,000 B.C. just out now in theaters, looks like the same kind of ficticious history C.G.I. mish-mash.
the funny thing about the 300/this is Sparta storyline were these birth of freedom/democracy overtones, when in reality (should you care at all about it),..  they (the Spartans) were slavers of the first order, without a shred of democracy in their Militeristic society, Sparta enslaved the entire neibooring province, one of their rights of passage was to slay a slave without fuss. Indeed, it was their inital foes - the Greeks who dispite being slavers - began down the road to democracy...

I dislike movies that attempt to rewrite history.

Anyhow i don't see how anyone could "love" the S.C.C. there's no real suspense there cause you know the main protagonists will survive and the C.G.I. is weak and limited and besides the "C' appeal,.. who cares?..

73chgrSE

Dave22443

DOH!!!

Why didnt you tell me sooner!!!   :brickwall:

- Abraham Lincoln

rav440

1973 PLYMOUTH road runner GTX

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

73chgrSE

Is this show cancelled? It's still listed on fox's website. But they are still showing "house" reruns. :brickwall:

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: 73chgrSE on July 20, 2009, 03:27:24 PM
Is this show cancelled? It's still listed on fox's website. But they are still showing "house" reruns. :brickwall:

CANCELED.