News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

Started by Lowprofile, December 14, 2007, 03:13:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lowprofile

Anyone else looking forward to this show besides me?  :2thumbs: :D :popcrn: :drool5: :cheers:

http://www.fox.com/terminator/home.htm

"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

bull

Yes! I've only seen one ad for it and I missed the "Sarah Connor" part. Should be pretty good if there's more action than drama.

And lookie here, Summer Glau of Firefly fame will be playing a terminator...

dukeboy_318

:iagree: as long as its not another drama show, it might be good :yesnod:
1978 Dodge Power Wagon W200 4x4- 408 stroker/4spd
1974 Dodge Dart Swinger. 440 project in the works.

rav440

Quote from: dukeboy_318 on December 14, 2007, 06:26:43 AM
:iagree: as long as its not another drama show, it might be good :yesnod:

like SMALLVILE 90210  ;D

i saw the 3-4 min music video type promo preview the other night and it looked real good the song was none to bad either .

ill be watching it .  :2thumbs:
1973 PLYMOUTH road runner GTX

TruckDriver

I might. Won't be the same without Arnold though. If it is good, I don't see it lasting a long time as Sci Fi shows usually don't seem to last long on network channels.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

max

Quote from: Wi. Charger Guy on December 14, 2007, 07:44:04 AM
I don't see it lasting a long time as Sci Fi shows usually don't seem to last long on network channels.

that's the reason for the Sci Fi channel. they usally run shows that network channels don't.

bull

Quote from: max on December 14, 2007, 04:11:22 PM
Quote from: Wi. Charger Guy on December 14, 2007, 07:44:04 AM
I don't see it lasting a long time as Sci Fi shows usually don't seem to last long on network channels.

that's the reason for the Sci Fi channel. they usally run shows that network channels don't.

And then BSG only goes four. :eek2: But then I don't see how they could go much longer than that.

70charginglizard

be sure to go into the web site. You can get a free poster.
:yesnod:
70charginglizard

Mike DC

QuoteWon't be the same without Arnold though.

Ya know, Arnold's "Terminator" has gotta be about the most perfect character to ever try CGI face work with.  He's SUPPOSED to look human on the surface at first glance, but seem a little bit mechanical in his motions & detals. 

Of course CGI is never a real substitute for just having the actor.  But this is one of the few cases where I would actually entertain the idea of faking a missing actor with a few small CGI shots.  Maybe just keep him at a distance and use him sparingly.  It would add so much to a new "Terminator" show just to see 'ole Frankenstein again once in a while. 

If they ever need to use the character for any detailed/serious screen time, then they could arrange to get his face shot-up or something and show mostly the robotic skeleton instead of the human skin. 

TruckDriver

I gotta say, I like the show after the first two parts. The female droid is HOT!!! :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:
PETE

"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Rack

Yep, I'm liking it so far.

Summer Glau is hot.

I gotta say, lucky for the world that if the machines really were to take over that I'm not the one they'd send a hot looking female terminator back in time to take order from...

"Take off your clothes, that's an order"

"Are you anatomically correct? Show me."

:D

Seriously though... so far so good. Hope the show keeps it up.

JoeyGowdy

Hmm... might watch it with the tv muted when Summer isn't speaking... simple mathematics:

Summer Glau is to Terminator Sarah Conner Chronicles
what Jessica Simpson is to The Dukes of Hazzard

Yeah... I'm a Firefly and Serenity fan... might consider watching the Sarah Connor Chronicles just because Summer is in it  :2thumbs:
Sincerely, Joey Paul Gowdy

Brock Samson

welp, i watched just in case it was good i would be in on it from the begining, but, for me it fell flat,.. I loved serenity and the fire fly series,.. they had some humor and unexpected twists to keep it interesting but this new series is so one dimensional, and though the mom has nice legs which held my attention for the first ten minutes after that the new wore off...
But i'm a pretty harsh critic of tv shows...

JoeyGowdy

Quote from: Brock Samson on January 15, 2008, 11:16:44 AM
welp, i watched just in case it was good i would be in on it from the begining, but, for me it fell flat,.. I loved serenity and the fire fly series,.. they had some humor and unexpected twists to keep it interesting but this new series is so one dimensional, and though the mom has nice legs which held my attention for the first ten minutes after that the new wore off...
But i'm a pretty harsh critic of tv shows...

Thanks for the heads up... that's how I figured it would be.
Sincerely, Joey Paul Gowdy

TruckDriver

PETE

Khyron

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Mike DC

Ooohhh . . . she fine.  She very fine.

She comes across almost like a fresher & less drugged-out-looking version of Angelina Jolie. 
(And there ain't nuthin wrong with that idea.)

73chgrSE

TruckDriver

It sucks that next week is the season ending episode already :brickwall:

I'm not going to be able to drool over Cameron for a while :-\
PETE

Silver R/T

chick looks cute, show is kinda lame itself
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

73chgrSE

TruckDriver

PETE

Forza

I watched 4 episodes last night and I was actually surprised it wasnt too bad. It wasn't mind blowingly good but at least entertaining.

73chgrSE

Quote from: Wi. Charger Guy on February 25, 2008, 10:21:59 PM
It sucks that next week is the season ending episode already :brickwall:

I'm not going to be able to drool over Cameron for a while :-\

"Season" ending or "Series" ending. I think it got sh!t canned already.