News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

what ssbc brakes would be right for me

Started by miller, December 11, 2007, 10:53:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

miller

they offer 3 different types of brakes... looks like a normal conversion, then aluminum calipers. then finally massive 13 inch rotors and 3 piston calipers... which one would be right for me, i would like to autocross the car, and maybe do a few laps around a track... would the medium package do it... i could justify spending 200 dollars extra but not 1000... whats your opinion?

2005 Harley Davidson 1200 Sportster Custom - Maggie
2012 370Z NISMO - Courtney
1979 Corvette L-82 - Lilly
1969 Dodge Charger R/T Clone - Vanessa

Just 6T9 CHGR

What does SSBC recommend?  They would be the first people to contact.  :Twocents:

For my street car I used the "normal" kit....
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

bill440rt

Quote from: Just 6T9_CHGR.... on December 12, 2007, 03:25:52 AM
What does SSBC recommend?  They would be the first people to contact.  :Twocents:

For my street car I used the "normal" kit....

:iagree:

The manufacturer is always the BEST source for information on what they recommend for a particular vehicle.

But.....  you asked for an opinion. Their "normal" kit is fine for the street, I think. I used their Force10 kit on my '69, 4-wheel discs, but there are other street suspension mods & I'm going with bigger wheels & tires. For a racing application, as it appears you're doing, then you'd probably want the biggest ones they offer, no?  :shruggy:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce