News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Tubular LCAs

Started by Sinister68, December 10, 2007, 08:46:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sinister68

F.Y.I.  For those who are interested, some comparison pictures that show the difference between a standard LCA and the new tubular LCA...

-James
2013 Challenger SRT - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 1968 Charger (R/T)
6.4 Hemi/Auto - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 440 4bbl/5 Speed/Dana 3.54

kamkuda

is there any weight difference?  Very nice piece BTW :2thumbs:

Sinister68

I believe they shave about 8 lbs off the front end.
-James
2013 Challenger SRT - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 1968 Charger (R/T)
6.4 Hemi/Auto - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 440 4bbl/5 Speed/Dana 3.54

Chryco Psycho

now all they need is somewhere to connect the sway bar

BrianShaughnessy

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on December 11, 2007, 01:11:29 AM

I'm told that's optional ($). 

Aside from that,  I saw these at the nats... looks like nice stuff.     Now what I'm curious about that I didn't look at then is the length of the ball joint mount... as far as how long it extends inside the outer tube.   To look at it I could guess that the piece could be a bit beefier at the ball joint mount hole.

Rick E. talked with Firm Feel about setups and they related that the weak point of this style LCA is that they get bent right around the ball joint mount.    They say the 73 up style is less prone to getting whacked up.   But they don't just interchange.
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

Sinister68

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on December 11, 2007, 01:11:29 AM

Not a problem for aftermarket sway bars...
-James

68Charger4me

I was impressed with these at first, but I don't know now.  Sinister, over on moparts you said you had to modify these a bit to get some things to fit, I just don't know about shelling out 400 bucks for something I'll have to grind on.  For my driving, I think it would be better to just box the lower arms and spend that money on a new rebuild kit. :Twocents:

Sinister68

Quote from: 68Charger4me on December 11, 2007, 12:09:09 PM
I was impressed with these at first, but I don't know now.  Sinister, over on moparts you said you had to modify these a bit to get some things to fit, I just don't know about shelling out 400 bucks for something I'll have to grind on.  For my driving, I think it would be better to just box the lower arms and spend that money on a new rebuild kit. :Twocents:

Yes, I had to make the following modifications:

• They came with a rubber bushing (which I replaced with poly)
  • You have to reuse the adjustment bolt and swivel from your old arm
  • I had to grind about 1/8" off of the bumper stop stud and wasn't able to tighten it completely due to the fact that it screws into the LCA itself
  • I had to enlarge the shock mounting hole to 27/64"
  • The shock mounting tabs also had to be widened by 1/8"

My reasons for purchasing them:

• Less weight
  • More room in that area
  • Early Christmas gift to myself
-James

68Charger4me

I hope they work out for you !!

Sinister68

If they don't, I'll post back...And I'll bring a lot of cheese with all my 'whine'.  ;D
-James

NMike

do they sell them with poly installed as an option?

Steve P.

I don't remember now who, (brand), had them at the MATS last March, but I asked about poly and was told it was soon to be an option.
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida