News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

worst car you ever owned

Started by mustanghater, October 02, 2005, 05:45:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mustanghater

What was the worst car you ever bought? I wanna hear some so I don't make a bad mistake about a purchase of a fine Automobile.
New Muscle car forum
http://usav8.com/aamc/index.php
www.myspace.com/spencespeed

Runner

hmm   a 82 camaro back in 86, had the car until 93 but i  sure walked alot with that car!   a had a 87 thunderbird turbo coupe that id still own today if it would have quit eating alternators.  thats the only car ive ever paid someone else to work on. it drove fantastic  and was far and away the best road trip car ive ever had but man did it go though alternators. they may last a week, or a day or 6 monthes.

71 roadrunner 452 e heads  11.35@119 mph owned sence 1984
72 panther pink satellite sebring plus 383 727
68 satellite 383 4 speed  13.80 @ 102 mph  my daily driver
69 superbee clone 440    daughters car
72 dodge dart swinger slant six

Nupe

Hands down a 1985 Dodge Daytona Turbo (not Z).  Anyone that has owned a T1 car will feel my pain.  Junk trannies, electrical, always eating an alternator, water pump, something!  Had a healthy appetite for ball joints and head gaskets too.  Burned out my whole child hood savings from a kid.  Kinda one of those hindsight woulda burned it to the ground deals.   :flame:

I used to always drive just Mopar and had a Lebaron K car type, Daytonas, and Shadows.  Liked being all Mopar, but never did more walking in my life.   :-X

'79 Lil'Red Express.

moparguy01

my 64 polara. brakes were never right, carb liked to start on fire alot, stuff like that. made for some interesting drives. haha

TruckDriver

A '91 Dodge Shadow that I bought in '92. Always squated in the rear without rear passengers & was really bad with them, no leg room for me. I hated it. I bought it cause my wife at the time wanted one :P
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Chargen69

Didnt buyit exactly, my uncle gave it to me.   1971 Ford Maverick.    Need I say more? :rotz:

70 Battle Horse

OMNI 0-24 with a German made / maybe it was an Audi carb on it = it was always 50 / 50 weather it would start or not

Best 1/4 run so far 12.7 @ 108 mph

TruckDriver

Quote from: Chargen69 on October 02, 2005, 06:49:05 PM
Didnt buyit exactly, my uncle gave it to me.     1971 Ford Maverick.      Need I say more? :rotz:

Hey I like those. My '71 Grabber was that fastest cat I owned to date. Of course it had a race 351 Cleveland installed in it. But it had the hood scoops and the rear wing too.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

dart3404

1985 Pontiac Fiero (fieasco was more like it) :icon_smile_dead:

ScottW

75 VW Rabbit   >:( :icon_smile_angry: :flame:
Bought it as a winter driver to keep my 69 Road Runner off the road. I ended up hitching a ride most of the time.
1971 Dodge Charger SE 383 Magnum
1974 Dodge Charger SE 360/4v Sunroof

Ghoste

1980 Chev Citation.  If somebody spit on the sidewalk beside it, you were walking.  Not only was it a no start poor mileage money pit pos but it was ugly too.

RECHRGD

1964 MG 1100 Sports Sedan.   It was my Fathers when I turned 16 and got my license.   It was one of the first front wheel drive cars imported to the US.   It had liquid suspension and could corner like a Porsche (sp?).   Trouble was, it couldn't handle any kind of aggressive shifts without busting engine mounts.   I can't remember how many times the dealership had to replace mounts within days after they had previously replaced them.   Funny how they never broke when Dad was driving the car.    Bob
13.53 @ 105.32

blackcharger

1974 Ford Torino...had to have a Starsky&Hutch car.3 engines,2 transmissions,3 rearends,countless altornaters,regulaters,wiring,Biggest POS on the planet. Just goes to show you the danger of TV on the young. Shoulda bought the rusted out green '68 Charger Dad told me would be too much work.......
Dave

bad1032

Charger Aficionado

I had a two '78 Ramchargers that were JUNK because of the wiring...  OMG what a PAIN!!!

694spdRT

Can't really say that I have owned a total piece of junk....the closest would be an '85 Ford Thunderbird Turbo coupe. It had over 100k when I bought it so it wasn't exactly new. The engine puked at 109K miles.

The strange part is the best car I have owned was a '86 Thunderbird Turbo coupe...my wife and I bought it with 60K on it and drove that car everywhere for 6 or 7 years without ever having any trouble at all. The Turbo Coupes are one of my favorite cars from that era for ride, mileage, and handling. 

Best truck by far was an '88 Dodge 150 2wd with a 318...I drove that thing for years. The only problem with it was that it was hard starting in real cold weather.  Sold it with 130K on it and still miss it.

1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

derailed

Mine was a 1989 Buick Park ave. a real piece of dog fescis. I had a real brain fart when i bought it.

Silver R/T

1988 civic, was slow.. but good daily beater
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Chargen69

Quote from: DodgeChargerGuy on October 02, 2005, 06:52:08 PM
Quote from: Chargen69 on October 02, 2005, 06:49:05 PM
Didnt buyit exactly, my uncle gave it to me.     1971 Ford Maverick.      Need I say more? :rotz:

Hey I like those. My '71 Grabber was that fastest cat I owned to date. Of course it had a race 351 Cleveland installed in it. But it had the hood scoops and the rear wing too.

yep, mine was a grabber, but would you believe, a straight six, no V8.

twilt

Pretty close call on this one. both were freebies. My brother gave me a 68 6 cyl Nova . it was nasty inside and out.  floor boards were 80% missing (lived in NewYork back then), the holes covered with sheets of cardboard.   made it easy to dispose of "empties" pulled in to a gas station one day and heard a very loud "crack"  thought it was a gunshot. it was just one of the front coil springs breaking in half. engine caught on fire one night (oil leaking from valve cover gasket onto ehaust) while me and friends were driving down a dirt road on the way to do a little beer drinking. put out the fire with dirt, fired it back up and kept going. luckily we did not have to use any of the beer to extinguish the fire.
The second POS was a 72 Maverickwith 302 1bbl my ex-father in law gave me. M/C went bad on second day. i plowed into a brick wall around the flower bed at a  local hardware store. it had no heat. Figured out the T-stat was missing and put one in. Then it oveheated. out came the t-stat, forget having heat. It was nasty inside, smelled like a f*n wet dog. Luckily one day it wouldnt start when i was leaving work.  i offered it to one of the maint. guys for $10, he laughed and said " i`ll give ya five" To his surprise i said "you gotta deal, i`ll sign the f*n title right now."
i was so damn happy to get rid of it. It gave me a good excuse to pick up another Charger as a daily driver. In this case i picked up a 73 w 440.

Chargen69

After I was done with the Mav., I gave it to my brother.  Somebody hit him at school and the insurance gave him $350.  Then a little later they put $10 worth of red paint on the car, rust stripes and everything, and sold the darn thing for another $300.    :icon_smile_big:

Telvis

99 Ford Windstar...Piece of crap.... :rotz:

cudaken

The money PIT. What can I say, broke in half from rust, ill fated 42sick and now this. If I only for saw what was a head. :icon_smile_dead:

Be carefull what you wish for. Stange hater, rent the old movie (Money Pit) and in stead of it being a house think Cuda Ken. :icon_smile_big:   

Ken
I am back

Mopar440+6

99 Chevy Lumina Granted it was given to me by my grandmother but its still a royal POS. I consider any car a POS that has to have the valvecover, intake and headgaskets replaced at 30K miles cause coolant is blowing out all of them a piece of junk. And the paint is already flaking off at 54K...
"If you cant fix it with a wrench, get a hammer. If that doesn't work, get a bigger hammer!"

Brock Samson

My '89 New Yawker, Mark Cross Edition,.. Looked great, brand spankin new,.. 44K miles, only church driven. I talked the dealer down from the 5.5 K they wanted to 2.3K... 3 Yers. ago..
Really the car was Absolutely cherry, but not up to my lead foot. this was based on a Mitsu drivetrain,   a   Luxo four-door on a minivan chassis. lotsa bells and whistles, digital dash, Black with a Bordello Red Leather interior, GREAT SEATS!!
I wore that car out inside a year with monthly sprints to Reno Nv. Perfect for a Lil old lady but certainly not for me...   :icon_smile_big:
The 300 M that replaced it is literally 10 times the car.   ;)

I'd bet it's a car you'd be able to afford hater...   :yesnod:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1989-new-yorker_W0QQitemZ4579774260QQcategoryZ6178QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem