News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

SureGrip?!

Started by BROCK, December 06, 2007, 06:23:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BROCK

We bought a project 64 Cuda for my wife & plan to SCCA race it.  It's just a rolling chassis. 
So far the only mod is an 8.75 rear that is supposedly a suregrip.  With the rear lifted off
the ground & either tire held fast, the opposite tire will only rotate about 0.25 inches.  Is
this normal for a suregrip or could it be a poorboy spool?  The suregrip on my Charger is
b/o so, I have no experience here. 

=============================================
Let your music be in transit to the world

firefighter3931

Is it a cone or clutch SG unit ? Either way i would be pulling it to see what's going on inside.  :Twocents:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

BROCK

Quote from: firefighter3931 on December 06, 2007, 08:12:36 PM
Is it a cone or clutch SG unit ? Either way i would be pulling it to see what's going on inside.  :Twocents:

Ron

Thanks for your answer.  The car came with this rearend installed, so I'll have to tear it down for an
inspection. 

How do tell a suregrip when junkyard hunting?  I always heard that if you turn the right side the left
will turn in the same direction, which this rear does.  If the left & right turn in opposite directions, it is
an open rear, right?

Charger74

Quote from: BROCK on December 07, 2007, 02:02:22 PM
Quote from: firefighter3931 on December 06, 2007, 08:12:36 PM

Ron

Thanks for your answer.  The car came with this rearend installed, so I'll have to tear it down for an
inspection. 

How do tell a suregrip when junkyard hunting?  I always heard that if you turn the right side the left
will turn in the same direction, which this rear does.  If the left & right turn in opposite directions, it is
an open rear, right?

You would be correct on that sir...

firefighter3931

:iagree:   Same direction = sure grip....opposite direction = open

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

BROCK