News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone against using STABIL in thier gas tank ?

Started by ACUDANUT, December 01, 2007, 05:24:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACUDANUT

1969chargerrtse

I've used it here and there for years.  Can't really say if it worked because there are items I've not put it in and they start fine the next year.  I usually run whatever I have through out the months to keep things lubed.  Used it, don't know if it works though?
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

ACUDANUT

My biggest problem is that I don't seem to have time, or the weather is crappy. On that note, I have a couple of cars that I have not fired up in at least a year. :scratchchin:

MGBRingo

I have proven to myself if you have a full tank of fresh gas in the fall you do not need it just to get you to spring.

I have also found that if you go a few years it will not always save you from varnished gas anyway.

So I quit using it.  I just use SeaFoam and Marvels Mystery Oil now.  It works much better IMHO.

Chatt69chgr

My only experience with Stabil is in my lawnmower.  It's been my experience that over the last 10 or 15 years the additives used in gasoline have changed-----I think due to environmental concerns.  The new additives seem to have a tendancy to mess up carburetors.  I think thats what Stabil prevents.  Just adding it to the gas tank isn't enough.  You have to run the engine and, thus, draw the treated fuel into the carburetor.  It used to be expensive but now you can get cans of it at Wal-Mart.  So I think it would definitely be a good idea.  I am obviously talking about engines that won't be run for months on end.

Charger-Bodie

I would put some good race fuel in the tank, even if its a mixture its good for the engine and it dont go bad as fast as pump gas. will surely protect you til spring, and smell really good too!! :2thumbs:
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: ACUDANUT on December 01, 2007, 05:50:04 PM
My biggest problem is that I don't seem to have time, or the weather is crappy. On that note, I have a couple of cars that I have not fired up in at least a year. :scratchchin:
Gee, what a sad problem when you don't have time to run "all" your toys. :nana: :smilielol:  Wish I :hah: had that issue.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

ACUDANUT

Yes, it's a burden. haha.  Only a few really know how many I have, even my wife. :2thumbs:

AKcharger

I keep a full tank and 1 bottle of stable while my car is in hibernation...it's been working for the past 2 years

71ChallengeHer

I just took the Chally out today. I topped of the gas, added Sea Foam and some Lucas Oil Gas Treatment. Then I tucked it away for the winter. :'(

ACUDANUT

Wow, that's alot of cars.  :2thumbs: *You use a whole bottle of stabil ?