News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Pictures of my "easy to do" Charger from HLPAG

Started by AirborneSilva, October 02, 2005, 06:58:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AirborneSilva

I am the unfortunate soul to have had dealings with good ole HLPAG, I'm glad that someone sent you to this thread and you were able to steer away from those crooks. 

I have just started to work on the car, I am going to save it cause it is an R/T, if it was just a 318 I would part it out like some suggest.  I was not able to recoup any of my money, seems we pay our attorney generals to be "mediators" and not to uphold the law and prosecute criminals so they are getting away with screwing me.  With the help of some good folks here on the board I hope to get my justice when the car is finished and looking awesome, of course HLPAG will never know, nor would they even care I'm sure, but I will know every time I sit in the drivers seat and take her for a ride, I will also think of those whom have helped and hope that some day we can meet up at a mopar get together (or any other time for that matter)...

I also hope that we can keep this thread alive so that others like you can stop on by and see what good ole boys the Hans Ludtke Performance Auto Group are, then go elsewhere to get the car of their dreams. 

Ghoste

I wish they'd just get into Camaros or VW Bugs or something.

charge-it

Wow, looks like htere`s no rust where the body used to be.
Visit our new website:

http://www.pepsparts.com

Bandit72

Quote from: Ghoste on January 12, 2007, 08:30:58 PM
I wish they'd just get into Camaros or VW Bugs or something.

I have a VW Baja Bug i'd almost donate to the cause!! lol
Daddy ran whiskey in a big black dodge
bought it at an auction at the masons lodge,
Johnson County Sherriff painted on the side,
just shot a coat of primer then he looked inside,
well him and my uncle tore that engine down,
I still remember that rumblin' sound.....

JMF

AirborneSilva

Please don't hijack the thread, it is too important for those whom may want to read through it and see what HLPAG is up to.  If you want pictures of his bug then PM him, Thank you....

JMF

No I was asking for pictures of yours? It would be cool to keep a diary in this thread of every little stage of the car's resto

AirborneSilva

Quote from: JMF on January 17, 2007, 07:16:40 AM
No I was asking for pictures of yours? It would be cool to keep a diary in this thread of every little stage of the car's resto

Oh, sorry..  I did just take a bunch of pictures for someone whom is helping me out with the project, he's giving me a list of items I need (which is going to be extensive I'm sure), and is going to give me a step by step run down on how to attack this.  I will try to post some pictures tonight after work.

daytonalo

I feel your pain ,  everyone keep this in mind , every second , every hour , every day and every year that goes by , the project cars get thinner and thinner , its not like they grow on trees . Look I would say that car is worth 3k tops . I go to salvage yards twice a week , i want to make this very clear , THE PRICE OF STEEL IS SO HIGH , AND NO SIGN OF COMING DOWN , THEREFORE MOST YARDS ARE CRUSHING EVERTHING !!!!!!!!!!!! EVERYONE , I MEAN EVERYONE MUST BUY ANY PARTS CARS AND OR PARTS BEFORE YOU DON'T HAVE AN OPTION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

daytonalo

IT IS AN R/T , THERE IS SOME VALUE THERE . I ASSUME NOTHING IN MY THREAD YOU AGREE WITH ?

AirborneSilva

Here's some of the pictures I took the other day.  As you can see I from the previous pictures I haven't done much, I have just removed the rear axle and pretty much all of the interior (well what was there)....  Yes I know, I need to get the shop Vac out and clean out the inside so I/we can see better  :icon_smile_big:

There is lots more pictures but I don't want to get Troy mad at me.....

mikepmcs

fenders, doors, look good.  I took on a job like that with a 68 firebird.  It can be done, i promise.  I knew nothing when i took it on, but a floor pan here a trunk pan there and a lot of searching and hard work I got it back to original, and i'm a moron(i promise you are smarter than me).  I know you can do it.   Hang in there Tony and take one section at a time.  I wish i had pics of the firebird when i started it and when i sold it(long story, ex fiance, etc... we are still friends though but neither one of us owns the car now), and yes, a shopvac came in handy.  very familiar sight right there!!

I will look in my pics in my upstairs tomorrow to see of i can find some pics of that firebird(i remember some somewhere)

:2thumbs:

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

AirborneSilva

Thanks Mike,  Yeah the drivers side fender is not bad at all but the passenger side will need some grafting in a few areas. As for the doors, I will just need to rebuild or buy new hinges.  When I look at and think of the whole project ahead of me I get overwhelmed but then when I look at one area (like the rear rails I need to replace), I feel good about being able to accomplish that.  There is a member, whom I don't know if he wants me to mention him by name (but I damn sure will when all is said and done, he and all whom are helping me will certainly deserve kudos), is helping me with the planning and step by step guide so that way I wont have to guess what I need to do next or what part/s I will need. 

AirborneSilva

I really couldn't say if it was PP1 or not, I just know that the original color was Hemi orange - damn now I feel like I should know  :rotz:  :icon_smile_big:

terrible one

Oh okay, I guess it does look orange now that I look at the pictures again. Lighting does something to it hahaha

hemi-hampton

For some reason I like to start with the worse part & that usually is the Back. That means 2 new Frame rails & 2 peice Trunk & both left & right Trunk Extensions, ect, ect. Then I work my way up to the front. You can buy most of these sheet metal parts needed from Sherman & Associates. Good luck, It can be done. LEON.

AirborneSilva

Thanks Leon, I believe that is that battle plan.  I just bought some used partial frame rails last night so when they get here I will get to work on them.  When I look at just one area, like the frame rails I feel good about being able to accomplish getting this thing together, I just need to remember that and not sit back and look at the whole car, then I get overwhelmed  :o

Ghoste

I'm just glad you're rising to the challenge.

AirborneSilva

Quote from: Ghoste on January 19, 2007, 10:17:11 AM
I'm just glad you're rising to the challenge.

Thank you, I just couldn't see letting an R/T go to waste. 

plum500

Holy crap man, that's a horrible sight -- but you're gonna have that much more of a story to tell, sense of accomplishment, and a big grin on your face when you get her done. And there is certainly good there to go with the bad.

Anyhow, nothing new or terribly insightful to add, just wanted to give a thumbs up :thumbs: as well for tackling it.

DC_1

I know its easier said then done but don't get discouraged...stay focused on the areas you are going to tackle first and before you know it you will feel good about the decision to save the car. It does look like a hell of a undertaking but you have support here and I have seen others taken on similar basket cases. A friend of mine bought a Challenger on ebay that was suppose to be solid and just in need of a light restoration. He had got a lot of pics of the car and thought it was worth what he was ready to bid for it. The car didn't look bad and the underside looked to be solid except for a lot of under coating. Once he got the car he was reasonably satisfied until he started to take things apart. The car was a quilt under all the undercoating. Frame had major repairs that were hidden and even alot of the body panels were bondo and patches. It was a mess. He was really depressed. I remember when we sat in his garage and it seemed everything we took the grinder or wire wheel to revealed a patch job. A winter season later he had the car in primer and all the major work was done. A short time after that he had paint on it and the motor rebuilt and in and eventually it was one of the nicest 340 Challengers I have seen. But he put in a lot of late nights and was determined to get it done.

You see.....even in the Mopar hobby there can be a happy ending!.....so don't let the villains get the best of you!

AirborneSilva

Sydome,  thanks for the words of encouragement.  I am feeling pretty positive right now about the car, but I'm sure there will be time when discouragement will raise it's ugly head, but I know that I have enough people that want to see me succed and see this car on the road again.  I am getting help from a few of you guys, in more way then one, and that is much appreciated - more then I can say.

I am waiting frame rails right now, but in the mean time I removed the windshield (without breaking it  :icon_smile_big:), removed the dash and have that apart (what was there anyway).  I have some more things to remove out of the inerior so I hope to get to that this weekend, weather permitting. 

340_duster

While your waiting , check out these pictures of Blusmbl 68 Charger that I restored last year.Keep your head up and a positive attitude , and I have no doubt your car will look the same in the near future.

http://flickr.com/photos/blusmbl/sets/72057594083101141/

AdamMopar

I'm glad to see you started on it.  You will get there, just like we all will, someday.   ;)  Adam