News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

4 speed pedals quesiton

Started by 69chargerR/T, November 29, 2007, 07:57:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69chargerR/T

Hi,will 4 speed pedals from a 66 charger fit in a 69 charger :shruggy: Also what years of 4 speed pedals will fit in a 69 charger.

Thanks, Alan

Troy

Not likely. I have a set and (if I remember right) they are angled differently and wouldn't work in my 68. You'll need pedals from a 68-70 B-body (Coronet, Charger, Belvedere, Satellite, etc.).

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

chargerman68

1968 CHARGER R/T CLONELOOKING FOR ANOTHER PROJECT 69-70 CHARGER SHELL

tecmopar

They fit, the '66-'67 doghouse looks a little different with the round hole instead of the oval in the '68-70 but are completely interchangeable, good luck.

kab69440

I have pedals from an 84 1/2 ton Ram in my 69. They don't match exactly, but no one has ever said they noticed the difference.
A couple of months ago some lookie-loo stopped by and was kind enough to inform me that the car's radiator was incorrect, though... siiiiiigh ::)...

Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

69chargerR/T

Thanks guys for all your info, I'm thinking of converting my 69 charger to a 4 speed now I know what fits. Anybody got any 4 speed parts out there they want to sell :icon_smile_big: Kab69440, how did you put 84 1/2 ton pick up pedals in your 69 :shruggy:

Thanks, Alan

Ghoste

Radiator?  Whats wrong with your rad, the lookie loo should have noticed that 67 console and 70 shift lever.  :icon_smile_wink:

kab69440

Quote from: 69chargerR/T on November 30, 2007, 07:11:32 PM
Thanks guys for all your info, I'm thinking of converting my 69 charger to a 4 speed now I know what fits. Anybody got any 4 speed parts out there they want to sell :icon_smile_big: Kab69440, how did you put 84 1/2 ton pick up pedals in your 69 :shruggy:

Thanks, Alan

I unbolted the assembly from the truck's firewall and then bolted them onto the Charger's firewall. I also shortened the brake and clutch levers 1" each at the pivot as it's more comfortable for my big feet.

Quote from: Ghoste on December 01, 2007, 12:10:30 AM
Radiator? Whats wrong with your rad, the lookie loo should have noticed that 67 console and 70 shift lever. :icon_smile_wink:

The rad is a 28" unit from an Imperial. I just don't get how anyone can see the car in person and notice something so insignificant as not being "factory correct", when the entire car, save for the roof and firewall, has been built out of whatever is available to hand? I mean, does he say "Nice job putting that Road Runner power bulge into the Charger hood"? Nope. Apparently they all came that way... Does he mention the console pistol grip was a 70 only item? Nope. That's supposed to be there... "Why does your car's backlight look like that?"...   Nope.  That's kosher, "WOW!,I see your car has the very rare 'package tray console option!' "? Nope. Just another run-of-the-mill piece that totally belongs where it is.... But the radiator? Man, that's just NOT correct! hahahaha! I just love these "experts".
Oh, and that's a full-length 66 console, rookie... :nana:  To be fair, I can see how you would be thrown off by the 67 rear buckets and had that little brain fart. hahaha!

Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Ghoste

Nope, I only saw the front portion and assumed you took the easy way and installed a 67 unit because it's the same shell as the 68-70.  But a big thumbs up for making the 66 unit fit in a 69.  :icon_smile_big: :2thumbs:

kab69440

Quote from: Ghoste on December 01, 2007, 11:12:08 AM
Nope, I only saw the front portion and assumed you took the easy way and installed a 67 unit because it's the same shell as the 68-70.  But a big thumbs up for making the 66 unit fit in a 69.  :icon_smile_big: :2thumbs:

Making the console fit is no problem. It only requires a bit of relief at the rear seat crossmember area. Making the 66's rear console bracket fit the 69's seat floorpan was something else entirely. I must have test fit, removed, trimmed, massaged and retested 50 stinkin' times to get it in there. And then, when it fit properly, was the correct height- I tack welded it in and put the two shell  halves together in the car, it was 2" TOO FAR  FORWARD!!!!!   ARRRRRRGHHHHHH! :brickwall:  It's a great way to waste an entire Saturday. I recommend that everyone do it at least once.

WANT TO BUY:

Thank you,    Kenny

squeakfinder

:scratchchin: Maybe a thread needs to started on parts interchange if not done allready.

While were at it, a heater box from a 67 is the same as a 68.
Still looking for 15x7 Appliance slotted mags.....