News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Not for Sale & rotting -Cuda

Started by 4forty, November 29, 2007, 03:10:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bull

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on November 29, 2007, 07:24:21 PM
Quote from: 68charger383 on November 29, 2007, 06:54:34 PM

Here's a story where the guy did that and it worked. http://www.geocities.com/my1968dodgecharger/
Linky no worky. :shruggy:

It did when I tried it 10 minutes ago and I looked at one picture but when I hit the back button it was kaput. :brickwall:

TheAutoArchaeologist

Can I use those pictures on my website.... no wait, that's for someone else.

It looks like a solid project.  I hope that someday you can pick the old girl up.  Cause you never know what you are going to find around the corner.

Ryan

69bronzeT5

Quote from: Devil on November 29, 2007, 09:28:33 PM
Can I use those pictures on my website.... no wait, that's for someone else.

what :shruggy:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

The70RT

I'm not saying to do this but..........someone turned me in one time for having a non running car in my yard. A neighbor tipped me off. This guy previously asked about the car then came back after the city showed up.....I about kicked his ass. ......I just tagged it then ;D Actuall like some said....treat her kind. Mow her yard....blow her snow........just honey do's.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

ACUDANUT

Just offer to have sex with her in the back seat and re-live some of her old memories.  :eek2: haha

Ghoste

If your intentions are NOT to flip it, make sure she knows that.

blackcharger

Quote from: Ghoste on November 30, 2007, 08:33:20 AM

:iagree: but also asure her it won't end up on ebay in a million pieces. and I agree that showing the $$ is more apt to move her than just offering.

BMOTOXSTAR

Quote from: Ghoste on November 30, 2007, 08:33:20 AM

No flippers. :yesnod:
73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

4forty

I gave her my Name and number a last year. The car was hers when she was younger, not kids or xhusbands. I think she has a daughter. Thanks everyone for all the tips. I'll keep trying. I'll go by this weekend with camera, It's supposed to be real windy,(maybe the tarp will blow off the rest of the way). and I can take more pics. The pics I posted were taken Tuesday. I remember it has the black interior, original yellow color, cuda lower gills trim, rally wheels, 383 tail stripe and cuda hood.

Khyron

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

4forty

you DIDN"T just see a flat-bed pull out of your yard....there was no yellow car on it.......

Ghoste

Do you ever go around and just talk cars with her?  Not try to buy it, just bench race about when she first bought the car or why you love Mopars, that kind of thing?  Establish a common ground?

4forty

Oh sure....I used to follow her around town when I was in my teens  in my beat-up '69 Charger when her car was flawless. Talked to her at the gas stations. She's real nice, just very sentimental ... OR ... maybe she's seen what 'cudas go for at Barrett-Jackson!

69bronzeT5

Quote from: 4forty on November 30, 2007, 04:03:50 PM
you DIDN"T just see a flat-bed pull out of your yard....there was no yellow car on it.......

:popcrn:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Ghoste

Quote from: 4forty on November 30, 2007, 04:45:04 PM
She's real nice, just very sentimental ... OR ... maybe she's seen what 'cudas go for at Barrett-Jackson!

I imagine both which makes it difficult to try and guess what her price would be.  Even though I'm not a person who buys into the theory that everything is for sale, I do think most things are.  It can be hard to know just how $entimental she is though.  :icon_smile_wink:

rav440

Quote from: 4forty on November 30, 2007, 04:45:04 PM
Oh sure....I used to follow her around town when I was in my teens  in my beat-up '69 Charger when her car was flawless. Talked to her at the gas stations. She's real nice, just very sentimental ... OR ... maybe she's seen what 'cudas go for at Barrett-Jackson!

thats the problem , she thinks your a stalker   :icon_smile_big: JK . everyone has given you great advice . even the sleeping with her to bad  :icon_smile_big:
but really please dont give up , just keep talking to her asure her you not going to flip it . that you want to restore it and as long as she walks the earth you will keep the car . tell her when its restored that she will be the first to drive it .
ill bet someday you end up with it , its just a matter of time .
1973 PLYMOUTH road runner GTX

GeneralLeeTESH

Arrive with an APRON on ! Announce to her (with lots of Old Spice on) that "kitchen bitch has arrived !"
Then tell her you'd also love to be her "pool boy". If she does not have one-tell her you'll be right back AFTER you buy a mini one @ WalMart.
Tell her you cook Hot Dogs (preferably Nathan's) and would gladly show her the bun !
Then get on your knees and tell her that you have Cancer or something like that. Self humiliation works wonders! (Just ask Mrs. Tesh my wife !) :scratchchin: :scratchchin:
The TESH

charge-it

Once you finally get the car will you sell it to me? C`mon! I`m going to bother you over and over like you`ve done to her until you finally give in.
Visit our new website:

http://www.pepsparts.com

RT DAVE

What's wrong with flippers?  if they can are able to pry it from her grip isn't that better than it sitting there and rotting?   I flip lawnmowers mostly, so don't get on my case about cars...   I do have a listing for something that I haven't bought yet, however.  How's that for audacity?

68 CHARGER RT<br />06 MAGNUM RT<br />02 INTREPID SXT

Ghoste

The best one to answer that would have to be her.  Without entering the flipper debate too much, I can only say that my comments regarding it in this case were by trying to analyze it from her point of view.  If you were letting a car rot for sentimental reasons (never mind the right or wrong of letting it rot) would you be more willing to let it go to the evil privateers who only wanted to unload the car quickly for a few measly coins?  Or would you be more willing to see it go to somebody who would love and cherish the car as much as you? :scratchchin:

GeneralLeeTESH

Herbie found "Flattie" for me to use as a PARTS CAR ! :scratchchin:
The TESH

The70RT

You mean there is some parts left?
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Khyron

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

ACUDANUT

Seriously. ask her if she would at least get it some proper protection fron the weather and thieves. Even if she does not want to sell it.  My Car tracking devices are comming, just in case.