News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

B/RB/Hemi rear oil seal cover, experiences

Started by hemi68charger, November 18, 2007, 09:04:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi68charger

Hey gang... Wouldn't ya know it.. I pulled a "DOH"!!
yesterday... Got my new hemi oil pan, painted it and got ready to install the windage tray and pan on my hemi.. Well....... "Doh" !!! The rear main cap isn't installed and frankly, don't think I have one..

Anyone have good experiences with aftermarket/Mopar billet caps? I need to get one now and wonder if it's just as good to get an original used one with a new seal package or go with the billet style I see over at Mancini's...

Thanks in advance...
Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

firefighter3931

Troy, are you asking about the main cap or seal retainer ?

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

hemi68charger

Quote from: firefighter3931 on November 18, 2007, 09:08:56 AM

Ron

Seal retainer.. Oppssss.. The easy thing........
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

firefighter3931

Quote from: hemi68charger on November 18, 2007, 10:45:37 AM
Quote from: firefighter3931 on November 18, 2007, 09:08:56 AM

Ron

Seal retainer.. Oppssss.. The easy thing........

That's what i thought you meant...just wanted to make sure  ;)

I haven't heard any negative comments on  the MP billet piece....looks to be a good product.  :2thumbs:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Just 6T9 CHGR

I have the billet one on my 440...installed it while the engine was in the car & rear main still leaks :mad:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

tecmopar

At first reading I thought that OH_SH*T are you in for some problems, how could anyone assemble a motor and forget a main cap. I tried a billit one and it had a tiny tiny leak so I went back to a stock original and no problems, good luck.

8WHEELER

This is the seal I have had luck with, from Mancini. I have not tried the mopar unit yet.........

MRE - Billet Rear Main Seal Retainer

Item# MRE223

$69.95

Product Description
Billet aluminum rear main retainer. It uses double o-ring on each end to seal the cap to the block. This retainer is designed to hold the proper diameter to clamp the rear main seal properly.
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

hemi68charger

Quote from: 8WHEELER on November 19, 2007, 03:34:11 AM
This is the seal I have had luck with, from Mancini. I have not tried the mopar unit yet.........

MRE - Billet Rear Main Seal Retainer

Item# MRE223

$69.95

Product Description
Billet aluminum rear main retainer. It uses double o-ring on each end to seal the cap to the block. This retainer is designed to hold the proper diameter to clamp the rear main seal properly.

Jut called them, it's on it's way... Afterwards, I can get my pan on...........
Troy