News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What other "athletes" ya' think use steroids?..

Started by Brock Samson, November 16, 2007, 11:35:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brock Samson

bull

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

89MOPAR

I'd like to see a Tour De France bicycle race where they let all the competitors take whatever performance enhancing drugs they want.
  If the substances are so damaging, well, they won't last the whole course.
77 Ram-Charger SE factory 440 'Macho' package
03 Ram Hemi 4x4 Pickup
Noble M400
72 Satellite Sebring Plus +

mikesbbody

this is easy, football, baseball, weightlifters, powerlifters (i never took them personally) strongmen just to name a few (not saying they all take them)

Guns N Rotors

I think this guy is all juiced up.
"Only the spirit of attack, born in a brave heart, will bring success to any fighting aircraft, no matter how highly developed it may be."

Brock Samson

We had a sports writer at work, who everyone speculated was, because he gained thirty + Lbs of muscle, lost his hair and had a hair trigger temper... sweated like a sumo wrestler too...
Everyone avoided him like the plague.  :shruggy:

Mike DC

There was an old SNL skit with the "All-Drug Olympics."

Silver R/T

Quote from: Wi. Charger Guy on November 16, 2007, 04:42:18 PM
For sure none of the WWE people do :lol:

http://www.wwe.com/

that's what I was gonna say lol
Unfortunately Chris Bendit died and killed his family also under the influence of the drugs/steroids/whatever he was on.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

hemihead

Quote from: mikesbbody on November 17, 2007, 05:05:01 AM
this is easy, football, baseball, weightlifters, powerlifters (i never took them personally) strongmen just to name a few (not saying they all take them)
Plus some gymnasts , female tennis players, women golfers
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

mikesbbody

Quote from: hemihead on November 17, 2007, 10:21:35 PM
Quote from: mikesbbody on November 17, 2007, 05:05:01 AM
Plus some gymnasts , female tennis players, women golfers

lets not forget the chinese women swimming team! some of them were built like brick shithouses!

Lowprofile

Quote from: bull on November 16, 2007, 12:55:49 PM
Can't think of any. :shruggy:

Don't pick on Joanie! She's just doing what she had to do to work in a mans world.  :D
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

moparstuart

Quote from: Guns N Rotors on November 17, 2007, 10:13:17 AM
I think this guy is all juiced up.
you would be too if you had to drive a toyota next year LOL
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

1FastCharger

Don't pick on Joanie! She's just doing what she had to do to work in a mans world.  :D

Hey...She was on Judge Christina today. Something about buying puppies. She looked different than her wrestling days - a little less manly.

After seeing last nights game Tom Brady has to be on something. Heck the whole team is on something.
66 A100 - 68 Charger - 69 Charger

Brock Samson

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2008/04/04/sports/s144737D22.DTL&tsp=1

""Sugar" Shane Mosley is accusing convicted steroids dealer Victor Conte of slander for telling newspapers he saw the boxer knowingly inject steroids.
Mosley filed suit against Conte in federal court, accusing the founder of the Bay Area Laboratory Co-Operative of making the allegedly false statements to boost book sales. Conte is planning to write a book about the steroids scandal now enveloping sports.
Conte says he stands by the comments he made to the newspapers.
Mosley, a former three-division world champion, has said he unwittingly used steroids produced by BALCO."

and..

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2008/04/04/MNJR100EML.DTL&tsp=1

an excerpt:
"In a case that could prefigure the upcoming trial of ex-Giants slugger Barry Bonds, a former bicycle racing champion caught up in the BALCO steroid scandal was found guilty in San Francisco on Friday of lying to a federal grand jury about her use of banned drugs.
  Tammy Thomas, who won a silver medal in 2001 at the world cycling championships but then was banned for life after testing positive for steroids, upbraided the jury that convicted her on four felony charges, shouting, "Look me in the eye and tell me you know what you did!"
  "I had one career taken away from me!" she yelled.
  Moments later, Thomas confronted federal prosecutor Matt Parrella, shouting, "You like to destroy people's lives!" The prosecutor flushed but didn't respond. Thomas, accompanied by her parents and sister, stormed from the courtroom."

Troy

I've been playing softball for a while but never got too much into the sport (I just go to have fun, get out of the house, and stay active). This year I started doing research on bats and looking for some playing tips and I was amazed at the number of players who discuss and even brag about using steroids. Presumably, it's so they can be "better" athletes. Do you need to look like a linebacker to hit a 12" softball thrown at 15 mph with an arc? I first thought that maybe there was some connection between body builders and softball but the more I read the more it's obvious that these guys work out to play softball. These are the same guys I see hitting popups and can't run a grounder out to first. Here's a tip: try batting practice. If you hit the ball out of the infield you can practically walk to first and if you don't swing (badly) at bad pitches it's a lot easier. Our leagues limit home runs any way so, at most, these guys could hit one out per game (18 per season) but may have four or five plate appearances. Most of these guys play in the infield because they can't chase fly balls but they also miss grounders because they can't bend.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Ponch ®

Cheerleaders - especially the males. Seriously. I read a thing about that on Sports Illustrated a few weeks ago.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

Lowprofile

Word.  O0 :2guns:

No, not an "athlete", but in the story I read, he was turned onto steroids by his friends who happen to be NBA stars...... :scratchchin: :shruggy:
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

superduperbee

I quit bodybuilding 20 years ago cause I didn't want to screw myself up taking the junk. Even guys in the Natural Bodybuilding division had ways of fooling the steroid tests, so I bailed out. Had a couple friends die of brain hemmorages, others damaged their heart, liver and kidneys, not to mention going bald and sterile. At least one friend developed blisters on his bones. Is it really worth turning yourself into a pile of useless mush for a couple years on top of your game? I think not!!! I will turn 50 this year and have kids and a full head of hair, that's worth more to me.

mikesbbody

Quote from: superduperbee on April 06, 2008, 04:27:27 AM
I quit bodybuilding 20 years ago cause I didn't want to screw myself up taking the junk. Even guys in the Natural Bodybuilding division had ways of fooling the steroid tests, so I bailed out. Had a couple friends die of brain hemmorages, others damaged their heart, liver and kidneys, not to mention going bald and sterile. At least one friend developed blisters on his bones. Is it really worth turning yourself into a pile of useless mush for a couple years on top of your game? I think not!!! I will turn 50 this year and have kids and a full head of hair, that's worth more to me.
good for you  :2thumbs: all this crap about guys being "clean"is BS plain and simple and your right, your health is way more important

69_500

To me it comes down to what you consider steroids? Do you lump in HGH with steroids? Do you also include androtestoterone with steroids? If so then the list will grow at a scary pace if you include all of those things too. Steroids are bad, as well as the other things I mentioned. TO ME ANYWAYS. Just my opinion.

superduperbee

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722