News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

How to increase the grumbling sound of charger srt8?

Started by sleemie, November 10, 2007, 10:42:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sleemie

I just bought an srt8 with the r/t package today and I would like to make it a little louder in terms of the grumbling sound from the engine, more like an old school muscle car.  I've noticed the Mustang GT tends to have that sound a lot more than the charger.  So, what's the cheapest, but still good quality, way to go about increasing that sound?  Also, does this type of modification void the factory warranty? 

thanx...

Ghoste

The easiest and cheapest way is probably just a muffler change.  Although I have to admit that I'm not so sure that exhaust mods on the new Chargers are not all that cheap.  A straight muffler change should not void your warranty.

sleemie

Any suggestions on what type of muffler for this purpose?  And a ROUGH estimate of the cost.  Like in the 500 range, 1000, 1500?? 

Ghoste

To be honest, I have no idea what's available for the car.  I know that Dodge offers a cat back system for the srt8 under part number P5153574.  There are likely headers out there and different exhaust systems from aftermarket mfgs but I'm wading into unfamiliar water with your car.  No idea on price either.

bordin34

1973 SE Brougham Black 4̶0̶0̶  440 Auto.
1967 Coronet Black 440 Auto
1974 SE Brougham Blue 318 Auto- Sold to a guy in Croatia
1974 Valiant Green 318 Auto - Sold to a guy in Louisiana
Mahwah,NJ

SeattleCharger

Congrats.  I like those SRT8 new Chargers, they are modified a lot over stock, look much tougher,  is it fast?   I actually saw an SRT8 Chrysler 300 a few weeks ago, at night, it was black with oversized black rims with chrome outer ring part, and dark tint windows, looked lowered, probably came that way, was sort of cool.

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

Silver R/T

stick on borla exhaust system, you wont regret it. Or you can just sell your...car and buy 66-74 Charger with a 440 and nice exhaust system in it and you still will have more money to spend on it to make it faster.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

440charger68

life's a garden, dig it.

BigBlackDodge

Quote from: Silver R/T on November 13, 2007, 10:16:41 PM
stick on borla exhaust system, you wont regret it. Or you can just sell your...car and buy 66-74 Charger with a 440 and nice exhaust system in it and you still will have more money to spend on it to make it faster.

He probably owes more than it's worth.................same as all newer cars.

BBD

VPFD13

GO BIG OR GO HOME

To be born free man is an accident, to live as one a responsibility and to die as one an obligation

chargerman68

1968 CHARGER R/T CLONELOOKING FOR ANOTHER PROJECT 69-70 CHARGER SHELL

Streetwize

The SLP system sounds pretty hot on the SRT-8!

I like the Corsa system, it's the best IMO but it's pretty expensive

Check out youtube...plenty ofsound clips on there of the various systems
Wize

www.StreetwizePerformance.com

Streetwize

Wize

www.StreetwizePerformance.com