News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

drag racing on an aircraft carrier... if thats not cool i dont know what is...

Started by miller, November 06, 2007, 11:14:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

miller

ok maybe they didnt get to full on drag race but it would be great none the less, does anyone know how to get hooked up with muscle car 1000?

http://www.autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071106/FREE/71106001/1065

also i was looking through the profiles of people who are involved and found this charger... does it belong to anyone on the board?

http://www.musclecar1000.com/musclecar/019.htm

2005 Harley Davidson 1200 Sportster Custom - Maggie
2012 370Z NISMO - Courtney
1979 Corvette L-82 - Lilly
1969 Dodge Charger R/T Clone - Vanessa

miller

opps... dang somehow i went onto the engine board instead of off-topic... could someone please move it

2005 Harley Davidson 1200 Sportster Custom - Maggie
2012 370Z NISMO - Courtney
1979 Corvette L-82 - Lilly
1969 Dodge Charger R/T Clone - Vanessa

RD

Quote from: miller on November 06, 2007, 11:14:49 AM
also i was looking through the profiles of people who are involved and found this charger... does it belong to anyone on the board?

isnt that danny gutierrez' charger?  he is from louisiana though... probably someone elses.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

firefighter3931

Quote from: miller on November 06, 2007, 11:14:49 AM

The owner of that Charger is not a member here but he is good friends with Vegas Mike who is a DC.com member. The car is super sweeeet and tricked out. He also has several other cool mopars....GTX, Superbee and i'm sure a few others. Very nice guy....his name is Holly. Looking forward to seeing him again this year at the MATS show.

Mike has taken on some tuning & diagnostic work with this car and is doing an excellent job.....the car is in good hands with VegasMike spinning the wrenches.  ;)

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Charger_Croatia

'73 Charger with 400 (under restore)
2018 Infiniti Q50 Hybrid AWD Blue Sport

chargerman68

1968 CHARGER R/T CLONELOOKING FOR ANOTHER PROJECT 69-70 CHARGER SHELL

Brock Samson

what kinda intake is on that?.. man that engine and engine bay looks great!  :drool5:

6pkrunner

Don Garlits racing a Corsair in 1974. Well racing is a bit of misnomer. :icon_smile_big: Garlits sitting on the flightdeck as the world unfolds?

68chrgrwife

Quote from: chargerman68 on November 07, 2007, 10:22:56 AM
wonder how i missed that show work right across the bay.... :brickwall:

you would have to actually stay at work...... :slap:
MOPAR OR NO CAR BABY!
LOVING MY HUBBY: CHARGERMAN68
1973 DODGE CHALLENGER: SOLD :(
1968 DODGE CHARGER RT CLONE (OK, SO IT'S HUBBY'S BUT IT'S MINE TOO, RIGHT?)
2008 DODGE CHARGER
2005 DODGE MAGNUM R/T (YES IT'S GOTTA HEMI)!

dukeboy_318

1978 Dodge Power Wagon W200 4x4- 408 stroker/4spd
1974 Dodge Dart Swinger. 440 project in the works.

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Steve P.

The intake on Holly's 69 R/T is a ceramic coated and polished Torker. This is one bad ass car. It took 1st place in the 2005' Mopars At The Strip "B"Body modified class. It is a true numbers matching R/T.

In the pics. Ron posted above the X on the right also belongs to Holly. I had the privilege to drive it to diner and then home after the show.  The 68' Charger to the left is Vegas Mikes. Also a bad ass ride..

I would love to see these 2 cars go heads up in the 1/4...   Did I mention that these cars are driven all the time?? No trailers for these Kings....   :patriot:

Holly has a brother named BUZZ that had his Hemi Chally on the aircraft carrier this year. Maybe we can get those guys to join up here and post some pics..  I'll send them both a link..
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

cudacharger

Quote from: Steve P. on November 07, 2007, 10:30:20 PM
The intake on Holly's 69 R/T is a ceramic coated and polished Torker. This is one bad ass car. It took 1st place in the 2005' Mopars At The Strip "B"Body modified class. It is a true numbers matching R/T.

In the pics. Ron posted above the X on the right also belongs to Holly. I had the privilege to drive it to diner and then home after the show.  The 68' Charger to the left is Vegas Mikes. Also a bad ass ride..

I would love to see these 2 cars go heads up in the 1/4...   Did I mention that these cars are driven all the time?? No trailers for these Kings....   :patriot:

Holly has a brother named BUZZ that had his Hemi Chally on the aircraft carrier this year. Maybe we can get those guys to join up here and post some pics..  I'll send them both a link..

I agree, Holly and Buzz are great guys with some extremely awesome mopars.

Alaskan_TA

Wango Mango

That's my bro's 69 Charger R/T, Track Pack, 4.10 Dana, 4spd, 440 w/ JE, Manley, ported 452's, Victor intake, demon 850, etc.  Its like his high school Charger he bought new in 69, only w/ a few zeros added to the window sticker!    Mike's 68 R/T is also a BEAST & the red & blue looks great together.  We had a blast at the vegas show w/ Ron, Steve & Mike.  Great bunch of guys.  Can't wait to see Ron's Charger next yr.  IT'll be the "beast-y boys" , for sure!    DOing burnouts on the Midway was a blast.  The Chally hooked up pretty good w/the locker, & I didn't keep my foot on the brake as did Dave Tweedy.   He got the best burnout AND the best et & mph @ the drags later into the cruise.  Great guy.  (and his wife drove pretty good, too!)     I'll try to post photos when I can figure out how to down size them.   If you do a google search on muscle car 1000 2007, there's a blog w/ all the photos posted. 

Steve P.

Hey Buzz, it's about time you jumped in here..

Glad you had a good time on the cruiZe..   I for one cannot wait till the next MATS...

Take a look around. Great bunch here with tons of info..  Somewhere on here are a few pics. of your Chally..

Put your cursor on my avatar slide and slide it to the right. Now look in the back round.. Notice anyone??

:cheers:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

firefighter3931

Quote from: Steve P. on November 08, 2007, 11:42:58 PM
Hey Buzz, it's about time you jumped in here..

Glad you had a good time on the cruiZe..   I for one cannot wait till the next MATS...

Buzz....found these pics on the MC1000 blog....looks awefully familiar.  ;)  I remember loading one just like it on a trailer in Vegas....actually ; you were driving & i was lifting.  :icon_smile_big:

See ya in a few months !  :cheers:

Ron

68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

PocketThunder

Quote from: Wango Mango on November 08, 2007, 11:32:02 PM
That's my bro's 69 Charger R/T, Track Pack, 4.10 Dana, 4spd, 440 w/ JE, Manley, ported 452's, Victor intake, demon 850, etc.  Its like his high school Charger he bought new in 69, only w/ a few zeros added to the window sticker!    Mike's 68 R/T is also a BEAST & the red & blue looks great together.  We had a blast at the vegas show w/ Ron, Steve & Mike.  Great bunch of guys.  Can't wait to see Ron's Charger next yr.  IT'll be the "beast-y boys" , for sure!    DOing burnouts on the Midway was a blast.  The Chally hooked up pretty good w/the locker, & I didn't keep my foot on the brake as did Dave Tweedy.   He got the best burnout AND the best et & mph @ the drags later into the cruise.  Great guy.  (and his wife drove pretty good, too!)     I'll try to post photos when I can figure out how to down size them.   If you do a google search on muscle car 1000 2007, there's a blog w/ all the photos posted. 

"Wango Mango" is the second best handle on the internet!  :smilielol:   :smilielol:   :smilielol:   :smilielol:   :smilielol: 
  Welcome to the site  :wave:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

firefighter3931

Buzz.....found a few more pics and have a couple of questions ;

Pic #1 & 2 ; is that paint base/clear or single stage enamel.  :rofl:   Either way....looks good to me !  :D

Pic #3 ; that looks like Reno...was he having a good time ?  :icon_smile_cool:

Pic #4....is that the Playboy mansion ?  :icon_smile_big:

Ron

Steve P.

Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

moparstuart

Quote from: PocketThunder on November 09, 2007, 01:55:34 PM
If you can touch em, they are REAL!  :o
if you can touch in the forest without your wife finding out did you really touch them ?
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Wango Mango

Quote from: firefighter3931 on November 09, 2007, 12:13:00 PM
Buzz.....found a few more pics and have a couple of questions ;

Pic #1 & 2 ; is that paint base/clear or single stage enamel.  :rofl:   Either way....looks good to me !  :D

Pic #3 ; that looks like Reno...was he having a good time ?  :icon_smile_cool:

Pic #4....is that the Playboy mansion ?  :icon_smile_big:

Ron

DOUBLE STAGE.... she had her "bikini" painted on.  The mansion was a wierd place.....a lot of "mafia" type bouncer individuals in the background.  They lifted 12 cars up one by one via crane to the mid deck (where you see my Chally next to a jet) & then we drove THRU the carrier to the flight elevator . Even got a tour w/ the admiral.   We raced up to lake arrowhead, spen the nite there & then 40 of us raced down to LA, where a news helecopter met us.   I raced a 65 & 67 Shelby, & an Ellenor mustang for 14 miles down the twisty nountain roads.  Needless to say, they couldn't shake the heavy hemi behind them!   That elephant is pretty nimble.   Sure widh you coulda been in the passenger seat.   We got some things planned for next yr.  I'll keep you posted.   Thanks for the pics!   How's your Charger going?? 

firefighter3931

Quote from: Wango Mango on November 09, 2007, 05:06:06 PM
 I raced a 65 & 67 Shelby, & an Ellenor mustang for 14 miles down the twisty nountain roads.  Needless to say, they couldn't shake the heavy hemi behind them!   That elephant is pretty nimble.   Sure widh you coulda been in the passenger seat.   We got some things planned for next yr.  I'll keep you posted.   Thanks for the pics!   How's your Charger going?? 

Cool....that must have been quite a sight.....not surprised to hear you kept up !  :icon_smile_big:

Charger is coming along slowly....this w/e's project is fuel/brake lines. Safety first !  ;)

Ron