News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

General Lee Drift Car

Started by JMF, November 05, 2007, 10:33:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PocketThunder

How does the drifter brake work?
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Hemidog

Is that thing REALLY worth $75 big ones?  ::)

6670charger

No.  Unless it's an ultra rare 1 of 10 car of any kind, none of them are worth $75K.   I know that's not reality, but it's the way it aught to be.

Eric
Proudly Confusing The Crap Out Of People Since 1963

JR

Out of all the General Lees in history, this is the one I would want. This is the car Ryeese Millen drifted around the roundabout in the 05 movie. If you dont know who he is the man is a god among men. A top professional rally driver, drifter, stuntman,etc.

This car has quicker ratio steering, stiffer suspension, and the "Drifter Brake". The drifter brake does what a standard E brake does on any other car, but it's hydraulic instead, so there's no cable to stretch or fail. All professional drift cars use one.  The main point of it is to help maintain a slide, or drift midway by locking the wheels. Usually just a tap of that brake will keep the rear out as the driver is balancing throttle and brake to keep the slide going. That's in addition to feints, clutch kicking, throttle over, trail braking, etc..
70 Charger RT top bananna /68 Charger RT triple green

6670charger

I'm sure the car is very special in that regard.  It takes incredible skill to be able to drive a car that way and perform those kinds of stunts.   Still doesn't make the car worth $75K.  $35K maybe, but not $75K.

Eric
Proudly Confusing The Crap Out Of People Since 1963

PocketThunder

Quote from: JR on November 06, 2007, 09:50:43 AM
Out of all the General Lees in history, this is the one I would want. This is the car Ryeese Millen drifted around the roundabout in the 05 movie. If you dont know who he is the man is a god among men. A top professional rally driver, drifter, stuntman,etc.

This car has quicker ratio steering, stiffer suspension, and the "Drifter Brake". The drifter brake does what a standard E brake does on any other car, but it's hydraulic instead, so there's no cable to stretch or fail. All professional drift cars use one.  The main point of it is to help maintain a slide, or drift midway by locking the wheels. Usually just a tap of that brake will keep the rear out as the driver is balancing throttle and brake to keep the slide going. That's in addition to feints, clutch kicking, throttle over, trail braking, etc..

10-4  :2thumbs:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

JR

Quote from: 6670charger on November 06, 2007, 10:15:45 AM
I'm sure the car is very special in that regard.  It takes incredible skill to be able to drive a car that way and perform those kinds of stunts.   Still doesn't make the car worth $75K.  $35K maybe, but not $75K.

Eric

I agree 100 percent. 75k is very overpriced, I'm sure they bought everything at a steal and are making a killing off all of the stuff. It's ashame the average Joe can't buy stuff like this, it's always the flippers.

Mike DC

It's worth what someone is willing to pay for it.  Doesn't make a scrap of difference what any of us think it "should be" worth. 
I'm guessing they're never gonna get $75K though.  I doubt $40K for that car.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The values of original WB General Lees have been pretty much destroyed by the decades of uncontrolled fakes in the market.  We'll never know what they might have been worth if the GL market had been legit all these years. 

Seriously, there have only been about 7-8 surviving real GLs (screen-used from the old TV series) to be offered for public sale.  EVER.   That's it. 
The dozens of "real ones" in the classifieds & Ebay for $40,000 over the years have virtually ALL been fakes.

Imagine if the GL market had stayed like with other legit rare cars.  Imagine if all those people who were ready to spend money for a "real GL" had been forced to keep waiting, and then furiously bidding against eachother for the occasional surviving car once every several years . . .

Ghoste

Quote from: JR on November 06, 2007, 09:50:43 AMThis is the car Ryeese Millen drifted around the roundabout in the 05 movie. If you dont know who he is the man is a god among men. A top professional rally driver, drifter, stuntman,etc.

"If he ain't won Daytona twice, I don't give a sh** who he is."  :D

(just kidding-it's a quote from another Charger movie)

PocketThunder

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on November 06, 2007, 07:15:44 PM

It's worth what someone is willing to pay for it.  Doesn't make a scrap of difference what any of us think it "should be" worth. 
I'm guessing they're never gonna get $75K though.  I doubt $40K for that car.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The values of original WB General Lees have been pretty much destroyed by the decades of uncontrolled fakes in the market.  We'll never know what they might have been worth if the GL market had been legit all these years. 

Seriously, there have only been about 7-8 surviving real GLs (screen-used from the old TV series) to be offered for public sale.  EVER.   That's it. 
The dozens of "real ones" in the classifieds & Ebay for $40,000 over the years have virtually ALL been fakes.

Imagine if the GL market had stayed like with other legit rare cars.  Imagine if all those people who were ready to spend money for a "real GL" had been forced to keep waiting, and then furiously bidding against eachother for the occasional surviving car once every several years . . .

Kind of like the Ford Cobra kit cars.   

terrible one

Quote from: Ghoste on November 09, 2007, 11:08:50 AM
Quote from: JR on November 06, 2007, 09:50:43 AMThis is the car Ryeese Millen drifted around the roundabout in the 05 movie. If you dont know who he is the man is a god among men. A top professional rally driver, drifter, stuntman,etc.

DMCL! Haha man I've seen that movie too much. . .

JR

Quote from: Ghoste on November 09, 2007, 11:08:50 AM

Haha, You do have to agree that the man does atleast know how to turn right too! :icon_smile_tongue:

Ghoste

I don't know, that scene from the DOH movie was only a left turn.  ;)

Mike DC

True dat for the traffic circle.

Although they used that drift car for more than just that shot. 
A lot of the tirespinning & drift on asphalt shots in the "Atlanta" (Baton Rouge) sequence were done with that particular car.