News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

woodruff key

Started by 68MoparCharger, November 04, 2007, 06:39:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

68MoparCharger

I went to napa to buy a new woodruff key because my stroker crank didn't come with one.  But they said I need to know the dimensions of the key, or bring in the crank.  Bringing in the crank is not an option at this point.  Does anyone know the dimensions of the woodruff key for a 68 dodge 383?
"Give me fuel, give me fire, give me that which I desire!" - Metallica

Charger-Bodie

i reused my old one, is that anoption for you?
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

68MoparCharger

I would, but I can't get it out of the old crank.   :brickwall:   Is there some sort of procedure to getting it out?
"Give me fuel, give me fire, give me that which I desire!" - Metallica

firefighter3516

This has always worked for me is to take a pair off vise grips and latch onto it hard and then take a hamer and knock it straight out.
1998 Dakota 318
1999 2500 Cummins
1973 Charger (in bad shape but working on it)
www.myspace.com/73dodgecharger

Chatt69chgr

This is where that nice Chinese imported dial caliper they sell at Harbor Freight comes in handy. 

I have removed these using the vice grips method and also have used a punch and hammer to gently prise it up and out.  Be careful with the jaws on the vice grips damaging the key.  You might use two popsicle sticks to help prevent this. 

torqueflite

Just measure the width of it...thats all they should need to know.

beedees

Take your crank sprocket with you. It doesn't weigh THAT much. But then again, if you're going to Auto Zombie, you may just confuse the poor counterman. :shruggy: :shruggy: :shruggy: