News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

yes yes, you can now all envy me ( haha ) cause I get to have a ride in THIS!

Started by Stormhammer, September 29, 2005, 08:08:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

BB1

Quote from: Lowprofile on September 30, 2005, 04:59:26 AM
Hey, I loved that show! :D :smilielol: :smilielol:

Hardcastle & McCormick, only us old farts remember that one.   ;D   :yesnod:

Delete my profile

73rallye440magnum

WTB- 68 or 69 project

Past- '73 Rallye U code, '69 Coronet 500 vert, '68 Roadrunner clone, XP29H8, XP29G8, XH29G0

Kryp2nitE

Troy

McLaren F1s have three seats. The driver sits in the center and slightly forward of the two side seats. McLaren's could be built to customer specifications and customized in many different ways (they were around $1 million new so you have some leeway on the options). There's also LM, GT, and GTR models. There are definitely more than 2 F1s in the US and they made 64 total. However, there were only 5 LM models produced and they were all Papaya orange. I see that A/C was standard on an F1 so is this one an LM? There were 3 GT models produced but they are aero cars and not like the picture. The GTRs are not street legal and should only have a single seat because they are strictly race cars. There were 28 built which brings the total to 100 cars.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Jon Smith

Quotetoo bad its still slower than a new Z06 which i happened to drive in july

I assume that z06 isn't stock then cause the figures I've seen put the mclaren F1 at half a second quicker and 10mph faster in the quarter

not that I particularly believe any factroy performance figures till someone in the real world matches them

andy74

troy is wicked smart,so i believe him-hes the good will hunting of automobiles!!!!!!!

Troy

Quote from: Kryp2nitE on September 30, 2005, 09:39:54 AM
too bad its still slower than a new Z06 which i happened to drive in july   :P

http://www.michiganmodded.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2263

Slower in which aspect? The Vette weighs 3,130 pounds with 500 hp and the F1 has 627 hp with a weight of only 2,513 pounds (the LM has 680 hp) so physics will get in the way somewhere. The F1 was the fastest production car in the world with a record top speed of 240.14mph although the Koenigsegg has recently surpassed this (The Z06 is rated at 171). The F1 also owns the fastest lap speed on a UK circuit at 195.3 mph. Another one: "The F1 LM owns the 0-100-0 mph world record for a production car at 11.5 seconds while travelling a distance of only 828.4 feet!" Performance for the F1 is 0 - 60 mph in 3.2 seconds, 0 - 100 mph in 6.3 seconds, and the 1/4 mile in 11.1 seconds while the Z06 does 0 - 60 in 3.6 seconds, 0 - 100 mph in 7.9 seconds, and the 1/4 mile in 11.7 seconds (Car and Driver road test which showed much better performance than Chevy's stated figures). Chevy claims 1.03 G but C&D only managed .93 G. The F1 can also brake at over 1 G.  :scared:

Troy

Jon Smith

Troy

The Ultima isn't necessarily a "production" car now is it? (EDIT: Never mind, I guess they are production on the other side of the world but the last time I checked you couldn't get a "factory built" GTR here in the States.) They are very cool though. The reason I put that part in quotes is because I got that from something that wasn't dated so I wasn't sure if it was still valid. Either way, it kills the Vette.

Troy

Ghoste

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Mass_Mopar

-Nick

70 Charger 500 383/833 pistol grip 3.91sg
71 New Yorker 440/Auto
04 Ram 5.7L 4x4 5spd 3.92 Auburn Posi
Old screen name MA_Young_Gun

Runner

jay leno also has an f-1.       your a lucky man, id like to ride in one myself.     as well as a new ford gt and an old ford gt40, id love to go for a nice road trip in an origanal 427 cobra! 

71 roadrunner 452 e heads  11.35@119 mph owned sence 1984
72 panther pink satellite sebring plus 383 727
68 satellite 383 4 speed  13.80 @ 102 mph  my daily driver
69 superbee clone 440    daughters car
72 dodge dart swinger slant six

2fast4u

DODGE CHARGER--Fuel for Living!

Ghoste

I've had a chance to drive to drive an old Cobra a couple of times.  Very fast but very primitive.  You can never ever let your guard down with them.  They can get out of shape real quick and not so easy to bring back.
But very fun!

Recharger

Charger_Fan

Yeah Man, just leave us hangin' why don't ya!

Hey Recharger, is your popcorn buttered? I think the ditzy chick dishing out the popcorn forgot step 3 on my batch...I got no butter. :bawling: :popcrn:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Recharger

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on October 13, 2005, 03:21:17 PM
Hey Recharger, is your popcorn buttered? I think the ditzy chick dishing out the popcorn forgot step 3 on my batch...I got no butter. :bawling: :popcrn:

Nah, all I got was this lousy sprinkle-on butter substitute crap.   Molly McBulls#!t.   Tastes like greasy dandruff.   Wait a minute...

zstalker

You're right, except I believe there were 7 LM's made.  That car is likely the same one that was for sale a few times recently...an AZ car, if I recall.  Air conditioning IS standard on the F1, but it has always been rated as terrible.  many of the F1's that are driven much have them upgraded, which is likely what is happening to this one.  Lemme see, if I remember from the sale site www.mclarenforsale.com (no longer operating) It has a 100GB mp3 player built in, an intercom with headsets for all 3 passengers, and an upgraded cooling system, also somewhat sub-par in the stock version (this being because it's built for above-legal speeds, so around town they run quite warm).  There is more to say about this car than could conveniently be written here, so if you're not familiar with it I suggest you take a long look at this http://www.supercars.net/cars/1177.html

BTW, for supercar fans, check out the Koenigsegg as well... http://www.koenigsegg.com/
This ground is not the rock I thought it to be.
I was wrong.
This changes everything.

6pkrunner

Envy? Sorry not from this quarter. While most are bashing the '06 Charger for its looks, that is almost there also. Sure form follows function - and there's the rub. The A body in your sig is a much nicer looking vehicle. There is nowhere outside a closed track that the car can be driven anywhere near its limits, and there is less than 1% of the population that can drive that car near its limits. A good 90% of the car's potential is used for image projection.Much like having a functioning flat black Staurn V booster in your backyard.   Envy - no not quite.

Blusmbl

Quote from: Kryp2nitE on September 30, 2005, 09:39:54 AM
too bad its still slower than a new Z06 which i happened to drive in july     :P

Quarter mile, maybe.  Top end, no.  Same thing with the Ford GT- has at least a dozen MPH on the new Z06.
Caintmakit Racing: Craptastic!
-66 BondoVille Roadster
-05 QC Hemi Ram
-looking for another '68-'69 Charger

Brock Samson

the newest emtry to this ultimate supercar fray is the new BUGATTI, 254 MPH! it's in magazines now...