News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

2 to 4 barrel: using the old carb choke mechanism and other questions

Started by AmadeusCharger500, October 27, 2007, 07:00:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AmadeusCharger500

Changing from 2 barrel to 4 edelbrock and from stock manifold to edelbrock performer. The heat activated mechanism fits on the new intake but needs some messing around to get to work with the new carb. Does anyone know how to do this or do I need an aftermarket attachment for the choke?

Should I block the vacuum advance mechanism from the distributor and the corresponding port on the carb?
Engine has been rebuilt and runs 9.5:1 compression with a higher profile cam.

Should PVC go to front of carb or back? It went to the back of the 2 barrel and the new carb has access both front and back but would need a port added to the back.

firefighter3931

Quote from: AmadeusCharger500 on October 27, 2007, 07:00:45 PM
Changing from 2 barrel to 4 edelbrock and from stock manifold to edelbrock performer. The heat activated mechanism fits on the new intake but needs some messing around to get to work with the new carb. Does anyone know how to do this or do I need an aftermarket attachment for the choke?

You could just go with an electric choke and keep it simple.

Should I block the vacuum advance mechanism from the distributor and the corresponding port on the carb?
Engine has been rebuilt and runs 9.5:1 compression with a higher profile cam.

I never run vacuum advance....the cam will largely determine how much base timing the engine wants and where to adjust the curve.

Should PVC go to front of carb or back? It went to the back of the 2 barrel and the new carb has access both front and back but would need a port added to the back.

Doesn't matter where on the carb (front or back) you attach the pcv valve as long as it's a vacuum source.

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs