News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

rad stolen now I have issues

Started by AmadeusCharger500, October 25, 2007, 03:48:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AmadeusCharger500

I left my radiator out overnight beside my garage, sure enough it was stolen. So I got a new one. There are a few fussy problems that I would really like to kick the thiefs in the teeth for, other than orginal part and $200.

1st the new radiator upper hose inlet is on the right. The original is on the left and all the hoses I have been able to find go to the left. Is there one made to go on the right side?

Next is the lower fittings. They are really tiny and I don't know what is the best way to plumb them. The original is hardline with a male coupling sticking from the rad. The ones on the new rad are tiny and not male threads. I think they may be 5/16 thread. So what is the usual rememedy for this? I have to redo the hardlines anyway because they don't fit tight with the headers on. I am just not sure what type fitting to get.

69bronzeT5

Who the hell would steal a rad..unless they have a Charger too. Does anybody with a Charger here live in his area!?!?!?!??!? :scratchchin: :D

Either that, or some low-down theif stole it to sell for scrap :Twocents:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Just 6T9 CHGR

copper & brass is up big time in the scrap industry....

IMHO I would get the correct radiator.....going to cost you more in the long run to make the incorrect one "work"
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

70charger_boy

Are you sure your wife or significant other didn't throw it in the trash?

69bronzeT5

Quote from: 70charger_boy on October 25, 2007, 06:04:08 PM
Are you sure your wife or significant other didn't throw it in the trash?

Im putting my money on it getting stolen :Twocents:

d72hemi

This happened to a part near me, someone stole the aluminum benches and took them to a recycler. The park opened a police report, and contacted every recycler around. The benches were found and returned. So at least call around. I am guessing that your car is a SB? I have heard of BB being on either RT or LT (depending on what car/truck it was in). If you have a BB then there is hope for you (I think), but I have yet to tackle my planed SB to RB swap yet. As for the lower fittings it sound like you are talking about the trany lines. If so, you can go down to Home Depot or Lowes and get some adapter fitting. It will be easier if you  can bring an example of the fittings with you, or at the very least some pics. Ask someone there to help you, or may spend hours there looking for what you need (been there done that). There are 3 or 4 different styles of fittings and the don't work with each other (even if the same thread and diameter). I hope this helps a bit.

Ian

Chatt69chgr

I work for an electric company and we have had thieves come into energized switchyards and steal copper.  Also, I have read in the paper here of folks having their house hvac units stolen.  In addition, someone had a person go under their house while they were gone to the store and cut the copper pipes out. 

Steve P.

They recently busted a crew here steeling from one scrap yard and taking it to another..
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

70charger_boy

Are people really that desperate for money that they have to steal scrap?

AmadeusCharger500

Ironically it is probably only about $30 in material.
If someone had a numbers original radiator for you car what would you pay?
I am pretty sure it had many years of life on it since the car has 36k miles.

My radiator mechanic said he could change the inlet tube for me.

69bronzeT5

Quote from: 70charger_boy on October 26, 2007, 10:15:54 AM
Are people really that desperate for money that they have to steal scrap?

:yesnod: :yesnod:. Theres been a few cases here where people have stolen plaques that are put on benches to tribute people.

41husk

pretty sad commentary, but a couple of months ago an old Church had a bunch of brass and copper ripped from it.  They had the story on the news.  now in Illinois the place I take my empty cans said you have to fill out a state form from now on for any scrap reciepts over $100.  He said it was to eliminate thieves, I'm not so sure it wasn't so they could get you with taxes :coolgleamA:
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up