News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The Bronze Bomber Project... (Updated 7/28) Homecoming pics and vid

Started by aone415, October 22, 2007, 03:54:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dukeboy320

Massively Over Powerd And Respected

aone415

So I went to the body shop on Thursday and saw the car... the shop mgr told me that the car was all set to be painted on Friday and that if I wanted I could hang in the shop all day Friday to watch and document the paint process... Needless to say I was in the shop @ 10 am Friday morning and didn't leave (save for lunch) until 6pm when the car received it's base coats...  :drool5:... They let the base sit overnight and cleared the car this morning!  So I was back at the shop after they shot the clear....

The best part of the story was that my dad, DID NOT, know they were doing anything to the car, so I had the guys at the shop tell him that the car was out in the lot to get him pissed off (considering it's cold and icy over here)... He was pissed  :flame: until they turned the lights in the paint booth on.. then he couldn't stop smiling... after a lot of  :brickwall: and  :flame: it was good to see my dad  ;D and  :rofl:

Well enough of the back story... here are the pics

Last minute prep

Just getting in the booth

10 mins into what would become hours of taping

This Charger right here is a one of none, that means none before it, none to come.

aone415

Sealer Coat being applied

All sealed and ready for paint

MM1 Bronze being mixed....

Louis... the painter!

This Charger right here is a one of none, that means none before it, none to come.

aone415

aone415

69*F5*SE

Wow, she's looking great. Congrats on the major progress   :2thumbs:  Ted

Finn

:drool5:

I hear you about the delays, mine ended up staying at paint booth for a week and a half lol.
Great choice on color!
1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

Charger-Bodie

That is great news!! ANd its awesome that youre Dad is involved!   :coolgleamA: Very Cool!
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

superbirdtom

the painter is wearing a shoot suit. those are great as they breath out the back so you don't sweat , and have velcro cuffs and a hood. I can't believe some people still use those tyvek sweat suits. so to the novice painter  better get a shoot suit.

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

keepat

Hemidog

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

aone415

Thanks for the color feedback guys... both my dad adn I were unsure about going back tho the MM1 Bronze, but it looks awesome in person!  I'm soooo glad we decided to return the car to its original color...

aone415

captnsim

aone415

Quote from: captnsim on February 17, 2009, 11:49:53 PM
That is sick :drool5: I can't wait to see more... :cheers:

Thanks!  I just grabbed all of the stainless steel pieces and brought them home for polishing... soooo much polishing   ::)

captnsim

I don't even want to think about all the polishing I have to do... :cheers:

aone415

okay it's been 10 weeks since the car had its stage 1 paint done... since that time the care was wet sanded and all of the imperfections were found and addressed.. also, during that time that chrome was shipped out and re-plated.  The car was re-painted yesterday and boy does she look tight... the body is arrow straight and the paint is deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep.  We also have started receiving the interior bits from Legendary... so with that said, here are some progress pics...

Just before Stage 2:

aone415

aone415

Charger-Bodie

I didnt realize it was needing to be redone.  :shruggy:
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .

69*F5*SE

aone415

Quote from: 1hot68 on April 30, 2009, 02:29:51 PM

Yea if it's gonna look half as good as yours does it needed a 2 Stage paint job...  ;)

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: aone415 on May 01, 2009, 02:13:54 PM
Quote from: 1hot68 on April 30, 2009, 02:29:51 PM

Yea if it's gonna look half as good as yours does it needed a 2 Stage paint job...  ;)

Looks AWESOME to me!! You should be VERY proud! Especially with the history it has.