News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The Bronze Bomber Project... (Updated 7/28) Homecoming pics and vid

Started by aone415, October 22, 2007, 03:54:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

firefighter3931

Fantastic progress....that car is really coming along !  :2thumbs:

One comment on your engine ; make sure to install a PCV & breather or you will be blowing out seals. The engine needs some ventilation or it will build up internal pressure and cause problems. Just a "heads up" for ya !

Keep up the good work !   :coolgleamA:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Hemidog

That car looks and sounds great! are you planning on a hood scoop? doesn't look like that air filter will clear.

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

aone415

Quote from: Back N Black on December 14, 2008, 09:56:42 PM
Man! that looks sweet. you will be driving her in no time. Question, where did you get the rad and fan assy? looks like a real nice setup.

Back,

The Rad is from Griffin, it fits perfectly... the shroud is a OEM shroud for a 26" rad, the fan is a 7 blade stainless steel that's razor sharp!  (I forgot the manufacturer tho  :rotz:)

This Charger right here is a one of none, that means none before it, none to come.

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

jb666

Very nice!! You're doing a great job!!  :cheers: :cheers:

aone415

Quote from: firefighter3931 on December 16, 2008, 01:56:06 PM
Fantastic progress....that car is really coming along !  :2thumbs:

One comment on your engine ; make sure to install a PCV & breather or you will be blowing out seals. The engine needs some ventilation or it will build up internal pressure and cause problems. Just a "heads up" for ya !

Keep up the good work !   :coolgleamA:

Ron

Ron thanks for the heads up... I gotta remind myself to pick up the breather... any suggestions on a low profile air cleaner????????

This Charger right here is a one of none, that means none before it, none to come.

tommymac

Lookin reel nice is it going to be on the road by summer,ma-bey see ya at Carlyle I like those wheels,Different

aone415

keepat

Looks Great! That color is awesome! keep the pic coming.
Pat

superbirdtom

Quote from: aone415 on December 22, 2008, 05:11:51 PM
A few pics I snapped today...

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I hope your painter is going to use edge blending tape whan you shoot the exterior???

aone415

walked into the body shop and snapped a few pics of the guys wet sanding  :coolgleamA:.. Just a few more days til paint!

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

aone415

BB1

Delete my profile

aone415

69*F5*SE

superbirdtom

notice how he is taping the side style line to get it straighter when wetblocking it.

PocketThunder

Its right in front of the paint booth now, wont be much longer till then open the doors and roll her in.   :2thumbs:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

superbirdtom

are you going to use edge blending tape on all the jambs??

aone415

Quote from: superbirdtom on January 06, 2009, 11:58:35 AM

Yeah I talked to the paint guy and he started laughing... saying "I didn't come this far to F it up"... Blending tape will be used on the doors etc

drifter69

superbirdtom

Quote from: aone415 on January 06, 2009, 01:09:42 PM
Quote from: superbirdtom on January 06, 2009, 11:58:35 AM

Yeah I talked to the paint guy and he started laughing... saying "I didn't come this far to F it up"... Blending tape will be used on the doors etc>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>>> Thats the same answer I would give too  :icon_smile_big:  yeah those little edge blending tape bending machines are pretty cool. it is amazing though how many painters still don't use them and use that horrible foam tape. I am sure it will turn out very nice , I had a coronet that color, one of my favorites for sure.

aone415

***UPDATE*** Well it's still not painted... during the wet sanding they guys noticed that there were some slight imperfections in the body and they went to work on the roof and the fenders to make sure they were they are all as close to perfection as possible.  I was by the shop yesterday and saw the car in it's final, final prep work before paint... I was assured that it will be in the booth this week... So new pics are forthcoming!

jb666

Quote from: aone415 on January 25, 2009, 02:02:23 PM
***UPDATE*** Well it's still not painted... during the wet sanding they guys noticed that there were some slight imperfections in the body and they went to work on the roof and the fenders to make sure they were they are all as close to perfection as possible.  I was by the shop yesterday and saw the car in it's final, final prep work before paint... I was assured that it will be in the booth this week... So new pics are forthcoming!

That's great news!! It's always better to find out before than after paint!!  :cheers: :cheers: