News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

mopars at the strip 2008

Started by chargerman68, October 16, 2007, 09:45:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skip68

We still have room for anyone that needs a place to stay! And we cleared the other side of the garage, so someone can park inside by the "General!" :2thumbs:
Give us a P.M. if anybody needs a place to stay! :yesnod:
Mr. & Mrs. Skip68 ;)
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Steve P.

Damnit man...  It's a bit chilly here in SIN CITY..  I left Florida with 87*.  Landed here and it was low 70's..  Got pretty cool last night too......

Lovin Vegas though. It's great hanging with VegasMike and our buddy Holly.   :2thumbs:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

71ChallengeHer

Have fun. :cheers: It's chilly and raining here. :pity:

ramit

It is funny to hear you say low 70's is chilly.  I will be happy if it is in the 60's since I am coming from 30 degree weather. :icon_smile_big:

skip68

Quote from: Steve P. on March 19, 2008, 11:59:16 AM
Damnit man...  It's a bit chilly here in SIN CITY..  I left Florida with 87*.  Landed here and it was low 70's..  Got pretty cool last night too......

Lovin Vegas though. It's great hanging with VegasMike and our buddy Holly.   :2thumbs:

What part are you guys in?  :shruggy: We live in North Vegas, 1/4 mile from The Cannery Hotel. We should all hook up while your here! :2thumbs:
Mrs.Skip68 ;)
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Steve P.

Mike has a house neer Rainbow and Spring Mountain. It's neer the Palms and the Orleans. 

Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

C_stripes

You think its cold there,   :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:  Wait till you get here.  There is still snow :2thumbs:
I'm smarter than I act, But I don't act smarter than I am.

74Charger

When are you guys going to be here in Utah to pick up the car?  Our local Dodge dealership that sponsors our club is having a kickoff to Mats for all the participants of the MoPower Cruise.  It is the night before the cruise.

Mopar Collectors guide will be there and Lou Santiago from Spike TV's Muscle Car.  Apparently Lou is driving down to Mats with the MoPower Cruise.  This should be really cool! 
74' Charger
03' 2500 4x4 CTD

Moparheaven

We will be there!!!! :icon_smile_cool:

I hope that the Super Beast makes it okay... :scratchchin: We are finishing it up. (1968 Coronet 500 Wagon) I need to take it on a test drive pulling a trailer tomarrow. If it is road worthy it will be pulling my Superbird. :icon_smile_big:

We might be calling AAA for a tow, who knows.  I pulled this thing off an Indian Reservation in Blackfoot a year ago. :eek2:

We will be getting there Wednesday night.

Z

chargerman68

we will be there on thursday night early friday morning...... :cheers:
1968 CHARGER R/T CLONELOOKING FOR ANOTHER PROJECT 69-70 CHARGER SHELL

Steve P.

SNOW!!!!   :scared:  All I brought is shorts and T-shirts.... 

We are planning to leave Vegas around 3:AM.  It should take us about 8 hours to get there barring any troubles. So I am thinking we should be there around 11:00 AM. 

I am greasing the bearings on the trailer this morning and we need to pick up a come-along. I hope it won't be too hard getting the car up on the trailer. Is there a compresser available there? Looks like the tires are flat.

I hate using borrowed equipment.....
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

C_stripes

There is a compressor there. I believe he will have the back hoe over there also. Have you called Neil and told him you are for shore coming? It has been fairly nice the last day or two and most of the Snow is gone in the valley. But there is still allot of snow in the mountains. It did hit 60 for a few minuets yesterday. So it was nice. I'll try to be there sometime in the morning to help get the other cars out of the way. Talk to you tomorrow.     Jeremy
I'm smarter than I act, But I don't act smarter than I am.

Moparheaven

I can't wait to get down there. I  am just putting the finishing touches on "THE BEAST". I will be hooking up a trailer to her tomarrow and doing a test run to Oregon. I sure hope she goes okay.

This is a Coronet 500 wagon that I pulled off a Reservation In Blackfoot Idaho. Here are a few pictures of just after paint and just before the Top.  It's been a rollercoaster ride. Hope you guys like it. I can't find the pictures of after we media Blasted it, But as soon as I do I will post them.

Brock Samson

:drool5: that's pretty cool ride ya' got there...  :scope: stock color?... home made billboard?.. more pics if ya' please...  :yesnod:

Moparheaven

I will take some more tomarrow. I just took the ones with billboard stripes today. I will get some of the Interior as well. I have to tell Ya, I am loving this wagon. It can haul all kinds of stuff. :coolgleamA:

The Color is not Stock. I like to call it the "Backroom mix"  It's the color that you get by mixing three leftover cans of paint that make a Gallon. It looked good so I went with it. And the paint was FREE. :icon_smile_big:

The stripes I had made by a friend of mine that owns a trim shop. He also made the "Super Beast" emblems as well. 

I put a 3:23 gear set into it today. Took out the 2:73's. Hope it make's it tow better. I also greased the axles and got everthing lubed for the trip. I spent the afternoon at the Salvage Yard looking for trim pieces to finish off the Vinyl top. Since Mopar never made a Vinyl top on a Wagon, it was not easy finding something that would work. I think that I got it though. I think that I looked at every pile in the yard before I found it.

Z

Steve P.

The wagon looks great MH.

Jeremy: We do plan to be there around 11:00 AM. We bought a winch tonight, but for some reason we have no power at the AUX.POWER lug in the connector. We may need some assistance in the way of a running vehicle to use the winch. It's too late tonight to do anymore with it.

See you in UTAH....

PS.  No. I did not call Neil again since we last spoke. I did tell him we would be there on Sat. and he said he would be back before then. Maybe you could drop a dime to him for us. I've been busting my butt all day and need a shower...

Also can you IM me your number in case we get there early? Thank you, Steve
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

70sixpkrt

I am flying in on Thursday morning. Are we still going to meet at the bar Friday at 12 at the show?

440-6pk, 4-speed, Dana 60 with 3:54  
13.01 @107.93 (street tires spinning all the way down)

Steve P.

Friday at noon sounds good to me..

Has anyone NOT received their pre-paid tickets yet??  I ordered ours more than 2 weeks ago and have not received them.  :shruggy:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

gordo1968charger

be sure to post pics when you get back.
if i start saving now,i might be able to make it next year!
68 charger+4 kids=2 jobs

74Charger

Quote from: Steve P. on March 24, 2008, 12:22:41 AM
Friday at noon sounds good to me..

Has anyone NOT received their pre-paid tickets yet??  I ordered ours more than 2 weeks ago and have not received them.  :shruggy:

When I ordered mine about March 5th.  I recieved them about 3-4 days later.  You might want to call them.  Something does not seem right. 

They might be at the will call desk.
74' Charger
03' 2500 4x4 CTD

Steve P.

Spoke with ill today. All is taken care of and we will have them in 2 days. :2thumbs:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

68chrgrwife

So did everyone buy my birthday present yet?  I will be expecting them all when we meet up!!  LOL  J/K Can't wait to meet you all.  If you want to exchange cell numbers to meet up easier...pm me!
MOPAR OR NO CAR BABY!
LOVING MY HUBBY: CHARGERMAN68
1973 DODGE CHALLENGER: SOLD :(
1968 DODGE CHARGER RT CLONE (OK, SO IT'S HUBBY'S BUT IT'S MINE TOO, RIGHT?)
2008 DODGE CHARGER
2005 DODGE MAGNUM R/T (YES IT'S GOTTA HEMI)!

70sixpkrt

I got my wrist band in the mail and it says 2007 MATS. The 2007 is crossed off by a marker.  :scratchchin:

440-6pk, 4-speed, Dana 60 with 3:54  
13.01 @107.93 (street tires spinning all the way down)

74Charger

Quote from: 70sixpkrt on March 25, 2008, 09:35:59 PM
I got my wrist band in the mail and it says 2007 MATS. The 2007 is crossed off by a marker.  :scratchchin:

I just looked at my participant wrist band.  And it is the same.  2007 crossed out in black marker.  I bought several spectator wrist bands.  And there is no date on them.

I guess they had alot of participant wrist bands left over from last year.  And wanted to save a few bucks.
74' Charger
03' 2500 4x4 CTD

68chrgrwife

WooHoo...so I talked to Mrs. Skip on the phone and we are both so excited about meeting up.  I can't wait to actually meet them (both the Skip's) and see their car.  I might even ditch hubby with Chuck and go to the movies with Lisa one night while I'm in Vegas......maybe.....
MOPAR OR NO CAR BABY!
LOVING MY HUBBY: CHARGERMAN68
1973 DODGE CHALLENGER: SOLD :(
1968 DODGE CHARGER RT CLONE (OK, SO IT'S HUBBY'S BUT IT'S MINE TOO, RIGHT?)
2008 DODGE CHARGER
2005 DODGE MAGNUM R/T (YES IT'S GOTTA HEMI)!