News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Rob's ongoing slow restoration process of his 69 charger R/T SE

Started by 1969chargerrtse, October 15, 2007, 05:57:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1969chargerrtse

I was gonna post this on the "Aero" site, but decided to do it here.  I'm talking my wife into getting a Daytona in about 4 years.  :2thumbs:  I've even told her they are about 125,000.00 and she hasn't flipped yet?  She said I would have to sell my Charger.  I said you think I would keep my charger and buy a Daytona also?  No way, I'm not that greedy.  I'm thinking an awesome clone 4 spd, or If we can swing it a real Daytona.  I keep telling her I want the charger with the big wing on the back.  There's more to this story of why I'm pushing for the Daytona 4 years from now, but that side of the story will have to wait. ( just think bribery ).
I'm hoping Brian will be tired of his by then.  :drool5: :yesnod:  Of course he has yet to build it complete, but it's coming along just fine.

I've thought of posting mine for clone trade, but never can seem to get the true motivation to do it.  I think I need to talk someone into a Daytona cruise ride to see if it's really what I want?
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Back N Black

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Back N Black on February 23, 2010, 08:01:38 PM
Clone the car you have now, RT/SE Daytona Clone.  :2thumbs:
Oh man you're gonna take a beating from others. Most Mopar guys agree to use any Charger but leave the rare R/T SE cars alone. I've thought it, but I don't want to do the work. I'd rather  swap or sell what I have and buy what I want ( of course adding lots of money to the pot ).
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

472 R/T SE

Clone the car you have now, RT/SE Daytona Clone.  :2thumbs:

That's what Larry did with a triple black R/T SE.  One of the reasons why I wanted it.  Of course I don't think it was in the condition yours is in to start with.

You should drive one first.  I never did when I traded for one.  At the time it was just too much attention for me.  When you own a wingcar you'll see what I'm talking about.  It's nuts, at least up here it was.

charger_cody

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on February 23, 2010, 09:31:13 PM
Clone the car you have now, RT/SE Daytona Clone.  :2thumbs:
Oh man you're gonna take a beating from others. Most Mopar guys agree to use any Charger but leave the rare R/T SE cars alone. I've thought it, but I don't want to do the work. I'd rather  swap or sell what I have and buy what I want ( of course adding lots of money to the pot ).

Well Rob honestly I would keep the car you have now for awhile, drive, enjoy it, then sell it and buy a wing car. It's a goal of mine to own a wing car.

Cody

1969chargerrtse

I haven't made my mind up that I have to have one yet. The deal with the wife is 4 years from now so we shall see. I really really miss having a rag top so that's another thing eating at me. I just. can't get myself to give up the Charger for any kind of car period. The Daytona would at least still have me in a 69 Charger.

charger_cody

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on February 24, 2010, 11:41:14 AM
I haven't made my mind up that I have to have one yet. The deal with the wife is 4 years from now so we shall see. I really really miss having a rag top so that's another thing eating at me. I just. can't get myself to give up the Charger for any kind of car period. The Daytona would at least still have me in a 69 Charger.
:yesnod: Don't get me wrong I LOVE your car. So remember if you ever win the lottery i'm here for ya.  :rofl: I have a chance to give up the 73 and put up a few grand to have a 69 notchback bacarruda.  :lol:

I say sit the wife down and explain that you WILL die without a daytona.  :rofl: :smilielol:

Cody

moparstuart

problem solved , the green one is your buddy petes
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: moparstuart on February 24, 2010, 02:31:36 PM
problem solved , the green one is your buddy petes

Ummm, my buddy Pete told me to get lost last time I saw him.
The blue one is drop dead georgeous.. I'm missing having a rag top, Gee, that may work?  :icon_smile_wink:

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Back N Black

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on February 24, 2010, 04:51:52 PM
problem solved , the green one is your buddy Pete's

Um mm, my buddy Pete told me to get lost last time I saw him.
The blue one is drop dead gorgeous.. I'm missing having a rag top, Gee, that may work?  :icon_smile_wink:

Sounds like your not really content with your Charger! I'll give you $1500 for it right now, but don't sit on it the offer ends tomorrow.  :D

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on February 24, 2010, 05:12:36 PM

Ummm, my buddy Pete told me to get lost last time I saw him.

Huuhhh?  why?
Actually it was " go away ". I have no idea?  I walked up to him while he was sitting in a chair flipping through a magazine.  I said, Pete can I ask you a question?  He looked up and said " Go away ".  I said what?  He said can't you see I'm reading, go away.  And that was and is the last conversation we had.  One day he was very nice to me and very talkative, and later on it's " Go away ". :shruggy:  It's a shame as I really respect that he has these absolutely stunning cars he built and uses them.  It says a lot about him being down to earth and enjoying his hobby.  He is genius like about the cars, the information he has shared with me is amazing of what he knows, but somewhere I guess I pissed him off. Oh well. Life is to short to hang with people that don't like you.  I know I'm a good person, you want me to " Go away ", fine.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Back N Black on February 24, 2010, 05:35:52 PM
problem solved , the green one is your buddy Pete's

Um mm, my buddy Pete told me to get lost last time I saw him.
The blue one is drop dead gorgeous.. I'm missing having a rag top, Gee, that may work?  :icon_smile_wink:

Sounds like your not really content with your Charger! I'll give you $1500 for it right now, but don't sit on it the offer ends tomorrow.  :D
How Many times have I said I love my charger?  Wait, cash?  :drool5:  Gee, that will pay for some of the dash restoration work.  :slap:
The least you could of done was add 0.00 to the 1500. And that would of been the amount I put into it after the 30,000.00 I paid for it. :P

Just 6T9 CHGR

Doesnt sound like the Pete I know...must have caught him on a bad night.... :slap:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on February 24, 2010, 06:11:18 PM
Doesnt sound like the Pete I know...must have caught him on a bad night.... :slap:
Could be.  I admit to always asking questions when I see him, but what the hey?  I don't know what else to say? :shruggy:

charger_cody

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on February 24, 2010, 07:51:39 PM
Could be.  I admit to always asking questions when I see him, but what the hey?  I don't know what else to say? :shruggy:

Dude the same thing happend to me the other day, I saw a 71 HEMI Cuda sitting at a gas station so I pulled over to tell her I thought it was nice and to ask if it aws original, she was very rude cause i'm a "kid" and all. She said "if I told you you wouldn't believe me anyway. And what do you know".  :rotz:

Cody

66FBCharger

I agree. i have talked to Pete quite a bit. He was probably having a bad day.
'69 Charger R/T 440 4 speed T5, '70 Road Runner 440+6 4 speed, '73 'Cuda 340 4 speed, '66 Charger 383 Auto
SOLD!:'69 Charger R/T S.E. 440 4 speed 3.54 Dana rolling body

1969chargerrtse

You know how much you love your car when at any point or time or shape it's in, it just looks so cool.  I was coming home from getting some oil for the car ( with zinc in it ) and I just had to snap a shot. I know, I know, boring shot, but I love it. :2thumbs: Worlds coolest grille. :coolgleamA: That's right you 68/70 owners. :icon_smile_wink:

Musicman

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on March 06, 2010, 07:07:06 PM
Worlds coolest grille. :coolgleamA: That's right you 68/70 owners. :icon_smile_wink:

Yeah... looks just like a GTO :lol:

Sorry, couldn't resist :cheers:

Your car is :2thumbs: and you know it. :yesnod:

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Musicman on March 06, 2010, 10:26:28 PM
Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on March 06, 2010, 07:07:06 PM
Worlds coolest grille. :coolgleamA: That's right you 68/70 owners. :icon_smile_wink:

Yeah... looks just like a GTO :lol:

Sorry, couldn't resist :cheers:

Your car is :2thumbs: and you know it. :yesnod:
The similarities between the GTO and Charger grille are cool for the times, both 69's.
There's just something about owning a Charger that never gets old.  It's the type of car that can make you lose your breath as your describing your love for it.  I know of no other car that excites a person as much as these cars.  I think my thing is I waited so long to have one, that at times I still can't believe I have one. So every view to me is , Wow look at that car. :drool5:  Still. :laugh:

1969chargerrtse

After 2 years in a row of blowing exhaust maifold gaskets I gave it a shot of no gaskets and high temp sealer.  I'm happy to say that was the way to go.

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: tan top on March 07, 2010, 05:47:42 PM
:coolgleamA:   that aint leaking now  :2thumbs: good job  :yesnod:
Thanks and hope it's the last time.  One more annoying problem gone.

Back N Black

I'm pretty sure i could hear the exhaust leaking or a noisy lifter?

:nana:

1969chargerrtse