News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Rob's ongoing slow restoration process of his 69 charger R/T SE

Started by 1969chargerrtse, October 15, 2007, 05:57:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Musicman

Good for you lad :cheers: I feel the same way :yesnod: If the sun is shining, and the roads are dry... GET OUT THERE :2thumbs:

lexxman

1969chargerrtse

I was bored the other day and going through Charger R/T withdraw so I took a quick video with my new I-phone  and thought I'd post it for no real reason.
The video is real clear compared to my wife's camera phone, so I'll have to do a nice burn out video this spring.

This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Finn

Nice quality for a phone! I have the regular iphone and the camera is great but you have to hold it perfectly still to get a clear shot. I was wondering if they would fix that for the video.
1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

tan top

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on December 24, 2009, 02:05:21 PM
I was bored the other day and going through Charger R/T withdraw so I took a quick video with my new I-phone  and thought I'd post it for no real reason.
The video is real clear compared to my wife's camera phone, so I'll have to do a nice burn out video this spring.

:coolgleamA:  good phone video & sound
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Finn on December 24, 2009, 06:44:34 PM
Nice quality for a phone! I have the regular iphone and the camera is great but you have to hold it perfectly still to get a clear shot. I was wondering if they would fix that for the video.
Yes, the 3g is really hard to get a clear picture with for sure. The 3GS seems better and the video is super clear on the phone, but distorts a tad when blown up.
Also there is a centered square scope thingy when taking a picture to get the object centered.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

1969chargerrtse

Good news/Bad news.
I took the charger out for a short ride this morning.  I had checked under the hood and noticed my power steering cap missing?  I couldn't find it anywhere and thought it fell on the road from the last cruise a week ago.  When I got to my Moms house I checked under the hood to see if any fluid splashed out?  That's when I found the cap on top of my radiator core. :brickwall:  I lowered the hood for a peek, and yep it put a little dimple upwards on the hood.  :-\  ::) That sucks.  It's small enough if it was a sunny day you'd never see it with the bright paint, but if I was to look for it, I know right where it is.  A cars worst enemy.  The owner. :slap:

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Musicman

Don't ya just hate that... It's one thing when someone else does something that really bothers you, but it's twice as aggravating when you are the source of your own irritation...

What are you going to do... shit happens  :cheers:

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on February 06, 2010, 03:09:06 PM
Serves you right for taking the car out in 20º temps :slap:

:nana:
Yeah yeah. Hey nice dry day. Nuttin to do?  Ain't no 2 ft snow storm up here. Just keeping it lubed up. Poop happens as said before.

Just 6T9 CHGR

We didnt get hit too hard down here....3-4" of the white stuff
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

1969chargerrtse

Belgium R/T -68

Charger -68 R/T 500 cui Stroker

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Belgium R/T -68 on February 06, 2010, 04:11:08 PM
Feel your pain friend, done that myself in the past.

Per
Thanks all.  When my son dinged the rear 1/4 last year, I almost had a heart attack, stroke and imploded.  This time, I just  :'( said " that sucks big time".

1969chargerrtse

Took the ole car out today in that nice 20* weather.  She ran well.
Here's the thing.  This time I adjusted the choke tension.  I brought out a metric and standard allen wrench set to turn the screws.  I left BOTH sets under the hood this time while I closed it. :slap:  And to think,,,,,  "I'm allowed to drive and vote while being this stupid".

I'm happy to report no damage.

ionracer24

heya rob, you  mentioned at the beginning of your post that they tore the frame on your car right???  Did you ever repair it??  if so did u have a pic??  just curious.... :shruggy:
Real race cars have three pedals......

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: ionracer24 on February 17, 2010, 10:27:27 PM
heya rob, you  mentioned at the beginning of your post that they tore the frame on your car right???  Did you ever repair it??  if so did u have a pic??  just curious.... :shruggy:
Thanks for asking.  No, I ended up just leaving it.  They are about 2 to 3" long.  Nothing effecting the car and something that can be re welded at anytime.  Idiots. :slap:  I called CA and told them not to chain the frame as they can tear it.  " Oh no, we tire strap everything ".  I sent them a bill for 500.00 and they sent me a check for 250.00. :-\

lexxman

I would have been out for blood and someone's ball for book ends. The sametype of thing happened to my alero after getting stuck in the mud at Watkins Glen a few years ago.

twodko

Rob,

When that little dimple starts to drive you crazy.....and it will, consider paintless dent repair. Cheers

I'd also be visiting CA with their measily $250 check attached to my baseball bat telling them they'd made a mistake!

Tom
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

TUFCAT

Rob, I have the same thing on my Coronet. It came from Washington State. It seems both our West Coast transport companies were cluless with old cars!

I was also assured they would use straps.  :flame:

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: twodko on February 19, 2010, 06:07:11 PM
Rob,

When that little dimple starts to drive you crazy.....and it will, consider paintless dent repair. Cheers

I'd also be visiting CA with their measily $250 check attached to my baseball bat telling them they'd made a mistake!

Tom
Well the little ding my lovely 5 year old put on the left rear quarter is probably fixable but the dent idiot, Sorry, dent wizard never called me back so like the frame tear I let it be.  Then I put a small upward ding on the hood, problem there is there is a star pattern crack around it so I plan on just leaving it also as it's so small like the ding.  War scares I believe they are called? If you were to come see the car trust me the beauty of the car over powers those very small marks. In the sun you wouldn't even find them with the bright paint.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: TUFCAT on February 19, 2010, 07:46:02 PM
Rob, I have the same thing on my Coronet. It came from Washington State. It seems both our West Coast transport companies were clueless with old cars!

I was also assured they would use straps.  :flame:
Don't ya just hate incompetent people?  They are everywhere unfortunately.  It's not rocket science to ship a car.  DO IT RIGHT.  :slap:

ionracer24

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on February 19, 2010, 05:28:07 PM
Quote from: ionracer24 on February 17, 2010, 10:27:27 PM
heya rob, you  mentioned at the beginning of your post that they tore the frame on your car right???  Did you ever repair it??  if so did u have a pic??  just curious.... :shruggy:
Thanks for asking.  No, I ended up just leaving it.  They are about 2 to 3" long.  Nothing effecting the car and something that can be re welded at anytime.  Idiots. :slap:  I called CA and told them not to chain the frame as they can tear it.  " Oh no, we tire strap everything ".  I sent them a bill for 500.00 and they sent me a check for 250.00. :-\

wow, thas a big tear!!,  i would weld those suckers asap cause once they start to rust it'll be harder, plus it may cause that area to want to flex a lil bit   :Twocents:  otherwise thats a sweet ride!!  i hope mine turns out that well
Real race cars have three pedals......

1969chargerrtse

Buddy of mine just built a big garage to play with his toys, maybe I'll swing by this summer and have him do it.   I don't think it's to big a deal, ain't no rusting going on here with this car.  It never gets wet and it's stored in a bubble.