News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Charger winter storage checklist

Started by 70charginglizard, October 07, 2007, 09:35:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

70charginglizard

anyone got one for your cars winters nap?  :icon_smile_sleepy:

This one seems pretty good-

Pre-Storage Checklist

To minimize deterioration during storage we recommend:

Raise tire pressure to 38-40 psi - helps prevent flat spots.

Wash you car before storage to remove road grit, acid rain residues and, in winter, road salt.

Clean out interior making sure to remove crumbs, food wrappers, etc. (You may be amazed by what you find under the seats.)

Just before storing, run your engine fully warm to evaporate moisture from oil pan and exhaust system.

Disconnect battery — modern cars are prone to parasitic draw. Older cars with electric clocks will also draw batteries flat. Flat batteries tend to sulfite and die.

If storing a vehicle for more than a few weeks also:

Add fuel preservative to prevent gum and varnish formation. Modern fuel formulas break down quickly.

Fill your gas tank to minimize in-tank condensation.

Then run engine 5-10 minutes to insure treated fuel is distributed throughout the fuel delivery system.

For longer-term storage consider the following:

Change engine oil and filter as combustion by-products trapped in your "used" oil contain moisture and are measurably acidic.

Flush and replace coolant to renew the antioxidants used in modern anti-freeze.

Flush and replace brake fluid as it is highly hydroscopic and contaminated fluid can cause costly corrosive damage in precision brake systems.

70charginglizard

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Khyron

mine is this...

1. Pull into Garage.

2. Rip out motor

3. figure out how to get more power for next year  :2thumbs:

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

NYCMille

Ok winter checklist...

1. Fill with gas
2. Drive the nuts off it when sunny out
3. Put away wet

Done. :2thumbs:

MichaelRW

Here's mine:

Fill gas tank, add stabilizer.

Drive once a month or more at least 10 miles.

That's it.
A Fact of Life: After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says WTF.........

JMF

What do you guys think about storing your car for the winter? I've always been one for driving my cars all year round as from experience a car that is used reguarly is more reliable etc, although I don't drive them in bad weather, salty roads etc

70charger_boy