News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

EFI 6-Pack

Started by bill440rt, October 06, 2007, 11:55:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bill440rt

Just wondering if anyone here has seen the new 6-pack EFI setups from F&B Performance? I've spoken to them several times at length about their setups to get information, they look really nice. A 6-pack is in the plans for my '69, so this just might be what the doctor ordered.  :scratchchin: Hood clearance is not an issue, they actually sit lower than a factory setup. It will also clear A/C, although I'll be running a Sanden/aftermarket setup.

Yes, they are a little pricey right now, but depending on how you put your package together can dictate overall price.
Anyone else here run an EFI system?  :shruggy:

http://www.fbthrottlebodies.com/
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Rolling_Thunder

EFI system here...      the six pack EFI idea was something I toyed with in my head - but I went to a regular old 4bbl intake and throttle body...    The EFI six pack - im not sure about performance but I know the principal of fuel distribution will be a non-issue as fuel is a direct port injection design - flow is advertised at 1100cfm so it is alot of air...    if it works as well as it looks it has my vote...     :2thumbs:      it is pricy though - but then again my MSD throttle body costs about $700.00        :shruggy:
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

BKBridges

I might be able to answer a few questions about the sixpack EFI...Speed density EFI is very forgiving regarding sizing of the air inlet.  Bigger is usually better if you are in charge of tuning! The new Spectre EMS pro is under 1000.00 right now, but it needs a WB O2 sensor kit for another 200.00 or so. Still it looks like the cheapest game in town!
Bruce

Charger74

Quote from: BKBridges on October 09, 2007, 06:47:54 PM
I might be able to answer a few questions about the sixpack EFI...Speed density EFI is very forgiving regarding sizing of the air inlet.  Bigger is usually better if you are in charge of tuning! The new Spectre EMS pro is under 1000.00 right now, but it needs a WB O2 sensor kit for another 200.00 or so. Still it looks like the cheapest game in town!
Bruce

Heck anything you can tell us about it would be great.  Cost, performance, fuel economy, etc.  I am definetely going this route when I finally go to build my engine.   

bill440rt

Quote from: BKBridges on October 09, 2007, 06:47:54 PM
Bruce

Hey Bruce!
Bruce is EXTREMELY knowledgeable with these set-ups, he designed them.  :2thumbs:  Bruce, I spoke with you for a while on these, & via email.
I am still VERY MUCH considering this set-up when the time comes to do my engine. I'd like to know any info or new developments as they arise with this set-up. Hopefully this time next year (or sooner!) I can make this engine happen.
Any news on price of these kits?
Perhaps a GROUP BUY might materialize if enough people on this 'site are interested? Hmmm....  :scratchchin:  :icon_smile_wink:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce