News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What Song Takes You Back To Cruisin In Your 1st Mopar?

Started by 71ChallengeHer, October 05, 2007, 09:56:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RECHRGD

February 1968.  Two weeks after picking up my new yellow R/T I installed one of those new 4- track stereos (yes FOUR track).  I think the 8-tracks came out right after I bought the 4-track.  Anyway, it was pretty new technology for those days.  I used to love pulling up next to other cars with young people in them blasting a cool Doors or Stones song and watch them searching their radois to try and find the channel i was on.  Anyway it was 1968, so pretty much anything by the Stones--Doors--Hendrix--CCR--Beatles--4 tops  works for me.  The car just seems to run better with period correct tunes playing.  :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:  Bob
13.53 @ 105.32

mally69

In 2006 when i finishing my 69 Charger  all was done except carpet and seats i had Lynyryd Skynyrd jammin inside the car's newly installed CD player in my car while putting the carpet in. :2thumbs:

C_stripes

Charger boy,  Are you ever NOT on here?  I swear, You have posted on every thread here.
I'm smarter than I act, But I don't act smarter than I am.

70charger_boy

Quote from: C_stripes on October 28, 2007, 06:54:55 PM
Charger boy,  Are you ever NOT on here?  I swear, You have posted on every thread here.

Lord Warlock

I drove my charger the most between July 78 and June 84, so it played pretty much all of the heavy metal tunes during those years, but the few that stand out in memory are:  "The Sultan's of Swing" by Dire Straits, The whole flirtin with disaster album, by Molly Hatchet, Train Train, and Highway song by Blackfoot, All the songs on the Beach Boys Little Deuce Coupe album, Nightranger's first album, and the standards of the era from Kansas, Styx, Van Halen and Nazareth. 

Lord Warlock
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

mopar-or-no-car

Quote from: 70charger_boy on October 14, 2007, 04:44:08 PM

I had one of them for my T/A, back when I was 16.  It use to chew up my cassettes, all the time  :brickwall:

WOW I have one of those 8 track/cassette converters and it never chewed up any of my cassettes!  :shruggy: But I guess I didn't use it that much! I too still have it! it is stuck in the 8 tack player that I still have with the old stereo that is in my room! thank god a got a new one for the living room wth a c/d player and the works! I like it MUCH better!!
Real WOMEN drive MOPARS!!!!!

moparstuart

Quote from: Lord Warlock on October 28, 2007, 08:18:02 PM
I drove my charger the most between July 78 and June 84, so it played pretty much all of the heavy metal tunes during those years, but the few that stand out in memory are:  "The Sultan's of Swing" by Dire Straits, The whole flirtin with disaster album, by Molly Hatchet, Train Train, and Highway song by Blackfoot, All the songs on the Beach Boys Little Deuce Coupe album, Nightranger's first album, and the standards of the era from Kansas, Styx, Van Halen and Nazareth. 

Lord Warlock   all great music  untill you got to the night ranger

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Lord Warlock

If you gotta make me dig deep, the first nightranger album had Randy Rhodes as the lead guitarist, who i also liked with Ozzy.  I dig guitar solos
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

General_01

Quote from: Lord Warlock on October 29, 2007, 07:54:17 PM
If you gotta make me dig deep, the first nightranger album had Randy Rhodes as the lead guitarist, who i also liked with Ozzy.  I dig guitar solos

I don't believe RR played with Night Ranger. Brad Gilles was the lead guitarist for Night Ranger and he left NR to replace RR when he died.
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

70charger_boy

Lord Warlock

damn, now i'll have to dig out the albums to find out for myself.  I know that a guitarist joined ozzy from nightranger.   dude's ...its been over 20 years, can't depend on these half dead brain cells anymore.   :icon_smile_blackeye:

Yep confused the names, knew they were tied together somehow.  Didn't know rhodes was with quiet riot before ozzy, I liked QR also, but not to the degree that i liked ozzy's Blizzard of ozz and Diary of a Madman, two albums that still get play time in my cars.  Us old farts stick with groups we know.  Still liked NR, I was an early adopter, ballads were big back then...like kansas and REO.

Headrope

My first car was a '67 Dart GT and the AM radio was my radar detector. I swear "Johnny Be Good" would come on the radio every time a cop was in the area.
The song hasn't worked once for me in any other vehicle I've owned but hearing it definitely takes me back to my first Mope.
Sixty-eights look great and the '69 is fine.
But before the General Lee there was me - Headrope.

max

Quote from: Wi. Charger Guy on October 06, 2007, 10:23:39 AM
Detroit Rock City by Kiss  :yesnod:

:2thumbs: yep that was/is a good one to get the blood running.

here's a couple more that stick out in my mind,

golden ear ring - radar love

aldo nova - fantasy

Tom_440

aldo nova - fantasy

Agree!!! I also remember using VH "Hot for teacher" to test out the new 6x9 speakers in the back. Had a 340 Challenger back then....

max

Quote from: Tom_440 on November 02, 2007, 05:08:12 PM

aldo nova - fantasy

Agree!!! I also remember using VH "Hot for teacher" to test out the new 6x9 speakers in the back. Had a 340 Challenger back then....

i remember when my cars only had am radios and i used to carry around a small am/fm cassette radio in the back seat so i would have something to listen to instead of that noisy wrist pin hammering in the slant six engine. :icon_smile_big:

69bronzeT5

Quote from: General_01 on November 01, 2007, 06:50:58 PM
Quote from: Lord Warlock on October 29, 2007, 07:54:17 PM

I don't believe RR played with Night Ranger. Brad Gilles was the lead guitarist for Night Ranger and he left NR to replace RR when he died.

Your correct. Randy never played with Night Ranger. Brad did and when Randy died, he took Randy's place for the rest of the Diary Of A Madman tour. Randy was also in Quiet Riot before he joined Ozzy.
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

69bronzeT5

Heres what Im gonna listen to when I start driving my Charger....these are just a few examples.

Crazy Train- Ozzy Osbourne
Mr.Crowley- Ozzy Osbourne
Over The Mountain- Ozzy Osbourne
Aces High- Iron Maiden
Number Of The Beast- Iron Maiden
Run To The Hills- Iron Maiden
Die Dead Enough- Megadeth
For Whom The Bell Tolls- Metallica
Fade To Black- Metallica
Seek And Destroy- Metallica
Detriot Rock City- KISS
Bat Out Of Hell- Meatloaf
Shoot To Thrill- AC/DC

:2thumbs:

Lord Warlock

surprised noone's mentioned it yet, and while it takes me back to the past, just not quite far enough for the charger, it definitely has an effect on the go pedal, Sammy Hagar's "I Can't Drive, 55!" .  And anyone that had to drive 55mph on Interstate 10 across the state of Florida would understand the dilemma.  (put cruise on, go to sleep, wake up when run out of gas, ....you're there) Nothing like making a 6 hour trip turn into an 8.5 hour trip by coasting at 55.

The70RT

I heard Night Ranger today on the radio......been a long time.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Moparsky67

My first Mopar was a 1963 Dodge Dart back in the 68 or 69, gee that long ago I do not remember what I was listening to. I have to dig out my sack of 8 tracks & see what I have...

daytonalo

Cruising in my 69 GTS 383 Dart around 82 listening to Rev on the red line , by foreigner

moparstuart

how about billy thorps children of the sun   ?  anyone?
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Charger74

Quote from: Lord Warlock on November 02, 2007, 07:39:34 PM
surprised noone's mentioned it yet, and while it takes me back to the past, just not quite far enough for the charger, it definitely has an effect on the go pedal, Sammy Hagar's "I Can't Drive, 55!" .  And anyone that had to drive 55mph on Interstate 10 across the state of Florida would understand the dilemma.  (put cruise on, go to sleep, wake up when run out of gas, ....you're there) Nothing like making a 6 hour trip turn into an 8.5 hour trip by coasting at 55.

LOL, yup I remember that song.  Or driving I-10 through AZ heading for Tucson at 55, boy that sucked just as much.
A few songs I remember,
Smoking in the boys Room,  Motly Crue (yeah, yeah)
Legs, ZZ Top
You've got another thing comiing, Judas Priest
Breaking the Law, Judas Priest.

So many other Metal/ pop metal stuff from the late 80's as well.

69bronzeT5