News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What Song Takes You Back To Cruisin In Your 1st Mopar?

Started by 71ChallengeHer, October 05, 2007, 09:56:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

71ChallengeHer

My 1st Mopar was a 71 340 Wedge Duster with 12/1 , a Edlebrock high rise with a Holley 780 Double Pumper. And 3.91 rear gears. And every time I hear Molly Hatchet "Flirtin With Disaster" it takes me back to all the hell we raised in that car. The car that started it all.  :drive: :drive:

MaMopar

Stairway to Heaven - 1967 Plymouth Satellite, B5 blue w/silver across the bottom, 318 wild cam, AT, 323.We drove the hell out of that car.

MaMopar
MaMopar

Brock Samson

71ChallengeHer

Quote from: MaMopar on October 05, 2007, 10:02:17 PM
Stairway to Heaven - 1967 Plymouth Satellite, B5 blue w/silver across the bottom, 318 wild cam, AT, 323.We drove the hell out of that car.

MaMopar
You better get some sleep. See you guys at 8:30. :cheers:

hemi-hampton

73 se Charger I had with 383 & big 500 cfm 2bbl. I rememeber listening to Deep Purples Highway Star, & Golden  Earrings Radar Love.  LEON. :2thumbs:

Brock Samson

70charger_boy

:scratchchin:  If you consider a '70 AMX a mopar then my cruisin song was (Don't Laugh) Milli Vanilli "Girl you know it's true

If you want to open it up to a non mopar than it was 38 special "Caught up in you" in my T/A

Brock Samson

71ChallengeHer

Quote from: 70charger_boy on October 05, 2007, 10:25:21 PM
:scratchchin:  If you consider a '70 AMX a mopar then my cruisin song was (Don't Laugh) Milli Vanilli "Girl you know it's true

If you want to open it up to a non mopar than it was 38 special "Caught up in you" in my T/A
I said 1st Mopar :slap: And Milli Vanilli  Did you lip sync along to them? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

70charger_boy

Quote from: 71ChallengeHer on October 05, 2007, 10:28:22 PM

I said 1st Mopar :slap: And Milli Vanilli  Did you lip sync along to them? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

Well, I firmly believe that a true musclecar should NOT have a radio and technically my first mopar was a 70 amx.

As far as Milli Vanilli, gimme a break it was 1988 No, I am not a homosexual.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSqV3rWM4iQ

71ChallengeHer

Quote from: 70charger_boy on October 05, 2007, 10:35:11 PM
Quote from: 71ChallengeHer on October 05, 2007, 10:28:22 PM

Well, I firmly believe that a true musclecar should NOT have a radio and technically my first mopar was a 70 amx.

As far as Milli Vanilli, gimme a break it was 1988 No, I am not a homosexual.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSqV3rWM4iQ

Don't get mad. I was kidding. :cheers:

twilt

Scorpions- Bad Boys running wild and Rock you like a Hurricane.

70charger_boy

C_stripes

Lol, Piece of Shit car by Adam Sandler. I had a 72 dart Swinger. I evan named it 42 colors after the song.  I miss that car.
I'm smarter than I act, But I don't act smarter than I am.

Brock Samson

too late now,..  :smilielol:

reminds me of that joke...

Ya' screw one sheep...  :brickwall:

69bronzeT5

Quote from: 71ChallengeHer on October 05, 2007, 09:56:42 PM
And every time I hear Molly Hatchet "Flirtin With Disaster" it takes me back to all the hell we raised in that car. The car that started it all.  :drive: :drive:

I saw that band in concert. I like that song alot...it reminds me of my dad's old Bronco. He drove really fast alot of the time in that truck and he always played that song :icon_smile_big:.

When I DO get my Charger going, the first song I plan on putting on is Crazy Train :2thumbs:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

dads_69

The song was *United* by Judas Priest. It was my brothers cassette tape, he never knew I had it, I guess I should give it back to him now, its only been 24 years! *Trans Am Highway Wonderland* by Sammy Hagar was the other cass. tape of his also that I wore out.
Mark
Hey, you can hate the game but don't hate the player.

Brock Samson

judas priest's United,..

http://youtube.com/watch?v=NdZlVlshnO4

congrats on your new baby boy,.. Happy Birthday!@!!@  :2thumbs:

68charger383

1968 Charger 383(Sold)
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10

mopar-or-no-car

"URGENT" by foreigner !! but it is a real bad memory! I did a second gear shift perfectly and laid a scratch  just as the sax solo started and I was so into the song that I didn't see and old man run a stop sign and then broad side me and wreck the side of my totally stock and all original chally   :o  But until then the moment was AWESOME!!
I still like to cruise in my mopar to THAT song!!   :2thumbs:
Real WOMEN drive MOPARS!!!!!

70charger_boy

Quote from: mopar-or-no-car on October 06, 2007, 12:21:25 AM
"URGENT" by foreigner !! but it is a real bad memory! I did a second gear shift perfectly and laid a scratch  just as the sax solo started and I was so into the song that I didn't see and old man run a stop sign and then broad side me and wreck the side of my totally stock and all original chally   :o  But until then the moment was AWESOME!!
I still like to cruise in my mopar to THAT song!!   :2thumbs:

As soon as you said Foreigner You reminded me of styx for some reason.  Urgent is a great song

WM23N1

Iron maiden- Phantom of the opera, off the live after death album and judas priest-genocide , off the unleashed in the east album.
1971 Super Bee 383 "The WM23N1" http://1971-1974dodgecharger.com/

Ghoste

If it's my first Mopar, then it would have to be anything off of Bob Segers "Live Bullet" album.  It was a 71 Challenger convertible with a 340 and I'm sure I wore out a cassette tape of that album in that car.  Luckily enough, I replaced it with the CD later on because I happened to have the CD with me one day when I got a chance to meet Seger at an auction so I was able to get him to autograph it for me.
Thanks Jackie, I'm gonna go through it in the player right now and just kind of sit back and remember driving around in that car in the winter with the top down because we thought it would be funny to drive a 'vert when it was snowing. (and Frank Zappa said nostalgia was a bad thing)  :cheers:

400/6/PAC

71 charger se
Crusin to American pie and some AC/DC. :Twocents: