News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Of all the car manufacturers' musclecars, which one....

Started by RD, September 27, 2005, 02:07:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

has owners that you believe are the closest as far as it comes to having the same mentality as Mopar owners?

Buick
Oldsmobile
Mercury
Chevrolet
Ford
Pontiac
AMC

RD

you can only vote for one.   I personally feel Buick owners are viewed as bastard children just like us, so there is my vote.   Plus I get along with them better (i.e. Wakko) hehe :D
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Khyron

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Ponch ®

what about merc? they never got as much recognition as the other FoMoCo. companies.

still, you left out the one true "outlaw" company...AMC.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

andy74

i always thought pontiac guys were like us,little aftermarket help,and the ability to kick major ass with out it!

RD

Quote from: Mojo Classic ® on September 27, 2005, 02:13:22 PM
what about merc? they never got as much recognition as the other FoMoCo. companies.

still, you left out the one true "outlaw" company...AMC.

I consider them Mopar, their bastardization is a given.

Pontiac and AMC added.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Vainglory, Esq.

I put Buick even though I think it's a tossup between them and Olds.  AMC would be my choice if it wasn't for the fact that they are considered Mopars.

RD

Quote from: Vainglory on September 27, 2005, 03:24:16 PM
I put Buick even though I think it's a tossup between them and Olds.   AMC would be my choice if it wasn't for the fact that they are considered Mopars.

HOLY CRAP!!!! Vain and I agree on something!! stop the presses! where is my ventilator! I need the electric paddles, somebody shock my heart into beating again!!!! :D hehehe

Charger_Fan

Quote from: Mojo Classic ® on September 27, 2005, 02:13:22 PM

I agree that they didn't have as much time in the limelight as Ford...but a Merc owner still had tons of speed parts available to them. So they don't get my bottom of the heap vote.

IMO, Olds & Buick are almost neck & neck as far as least amount of respect. Pontiac was just a notch or two below Chebby...they are generally credited with having the original musclecar, with the GTO.
AMC is/was always at the bottom of the heap.   ::)

So...my vote? Buick. Because overall, Olds' musclecar body lines look better. :icon_smile_big:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Lowprofile

I always thought Pontiac guys traveled to the beat of their own drummer. Dare to be different!
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

BrianShaughnessy

Quote from: Lowprofile on September 27, 2005, 05:55:29 PM
I always thought Pontiac guys traveled to the beat of their own drummer. Dare to be different!

I own 2 Pontiacs myself also...  go figure  :P
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

mustanghater

amc their are a select few out their that keep them alive and I salute them :patriot: plus I've been wanting to use that Icon.
New Muscle car forum
http://usav8.com/aamc/index.php
www.myspace.com/spencespeed

golden73

There are some crazy pontiac people out there... but they just aren't mopar crazy!

Khyron

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

moparguy01

I think its a toss up between buick and pontiac. both are kinda the bastard children, who are willing to go to great lengths to haul ass.

bull

Don't you have to have a gray head to drive a Buick or Oldsmobile? :icon_smile_big: Maybe that's why they get along so well.

dads_69

Wife wants a new Jaguar. I agreed since its better than any new Dia. Chrysler sedan.
Mark
Hey, you can hate the game but don't hate the player.

BobH1968

I said buick......Next choice would have been olds.  I woulda said pontiac but I don't know about some of those trans am guys.....they seem to be a bunch of wanna be know it alls that think there cars are faster than they really are.  No offense but trans ams aren't all that fast, especially the 82-92...those were slow, yet they claim the speed they don't have.

Khyron

Quote from: BobH1968 on September 27, 2005, 09:55:21 PM
No offense but trans ams aren't all that fast, especially the 82-92...those were slow, yet they claim the speed they don't have.

:RantExplode:  >:(

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

BobH1968

Quote from: Khyron on September 27, 2005, 09:58:54 PM
Quote from: BobH1968 on September 27, 2005, 09:55:21 PM
No offense but trans ams aren't all that fast, especially the 82-92...those were slow, yet they claim the speed they don't have.

:RantExplode:   >:(

what??? its a well known fact that the 82-92 were slow........they were big, heavy and lacked in the horse power department.  Now if you put a 383 stroker in it then they have power but otherwise they are not worth anything other than a daily driver.  i have driven several of them....one was so slow that when i had my foot to the ground it got honked at...that was one out of the many i have drove and my conclusion is they are slow.

derailed

I think ill have to go with the AMC guys on this one, there a rare breed.

Orange_Crush

All you have to do is go to any all-brand cruise-in or show and you'll be able to tell the Buick and Mopar guys immediately.  They are usually hanging out together.

Pontiac guys and Olds guys keep to themselves.

Mercury guys are not as die-hard as either Mopar or Buick guys.
I ain't got time for pain, the only pain I got time for is the pain i put on fools how don't know what time it is.

Drop Top

Seeing as I own both Mopar and a GN I voted Buick. But then again I also have a few Pontiacs in my stable. But I see that I'm in the majority in the poll with them also.

On the 82-92s. You must have drove a V6. I have an 85 Iroc witch is basically the same. I have shut down more then my share of older muscle with it. (Grant you, it won't hold a candle to the GN.) I have done a few mods to it but not so much that it wont pass Calif Smog and it still gets 25 mpg around town. (Witch is better then the GN.) In fact I'm planning on pulling all the TPI and 700R4 and installing them on the 305 in my 66 El Camino shop truck.

Charger_Fan

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Orange_Crush

I ain't got time for pain, the only pain I got time for is the pain i put on fools how don't know what time it is.

RD