News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone know what this white wire is for on a 73?

Started by WH23G3G, September 28, 2007, 08:01:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WH23G3G

Here is the single white blade type wire terminal I cannot locate in my 73 wiring diagrams anywhere, even under the accessory wiring. For reference in the picture to the left is the side of the brake pedal bracket and you can see whichever flasher that is in the bracket. The white wire is right in front of that yellow mold. It is a factory wire tied into the factory dash harness. I've got the standard dash cluster. Right below it is the other wire I was trying to figure out, the one with the two black wires and yellow tracer molded together with a plug at the other end. I need to get this figured out so I can put the instrument cluster back in and get it off of my floor. I found the NOS seat belt relay from a Dodge dealer for $3. I also found the NOS flasher bracket from Brad's NOS parts. The dealer said the seat belt relay had some kinda bracket on it anyone know where it mounts?

Nacho-RT74

just a question... are you sure you have complete setup on bulkhead cavities  ? maybe loosen wire from bulkhead ?
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

WH23G3G

That's what I thought, I checked a little and didn't notice anything missing. I don't think the wire even reaches all the way down to the bulkhead. It could've had a connector on this end. I'll check again. When my seat belt relay, and flasher bracket come in the mail. I'll be wanting to complete and put on the gauges, so I'm going to look through the wiring harness again.

WH23G3G

I checked and that white wire is too far up in the harness to even come close to the bulkhead. I have everything accounted for, but the seat belt relay which is on the way in the mail. I have to go ahead and put everything together, because I can't find out what it leads to. I have to go ahead and put back my driver's door that's finished. It's a pain to put that one bolt through the interior on the top door hinge. Will I be able to get to it with the instrument panel in. Does anyone know where I can get the driver's door mirror retaining clip? Year One says it's been discontinued there.

71_deputy

only three wires I know of with white

1- from the turn signal switch to the brake light switch
2-from the fuse block to bulkhead harness- for reverse lights-power feed
3- rear defrost switch to rear unit-low speed power wire

John Mac

ps. peel back the tape a bit on that wire- it could be a different wire color???
1971 Deputy Challenger 383 4bbl-- 1 of 2 made!!
1967 Charger 440/auto
1973 Road Runner 340/4 speed
2000 1500 Ram Van

Nacho-RT74

Quote from: 71_deputy on October 01, 2007, 07:47:27 AM
only three wires I know of with white

1- from the turn signal switch to the brake light switch
2-from the fuse block to bulkhead harness- for reverse lights-power feed
3- rear defrost switch to rear unit-low speed power wire

John Mac

ps. peel back the tape a bit on that wire- it could be a different wire color???

that was exactly all I thought... just made to get the brake lights conclusion, but if he said everything is plugged :shruggy:

Brakes pedal switch has two wires... pink and white.

the number two, was the other one and that was the reason why I asked about if the wire arrives to bulkhead

Don't think the rear defrost since is not actually part of main harness.
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html