News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

68-69 hood turn signal lights question???!!!

Started by HITMAN 149, September 26, 2007, 07:58:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HITMAN 149

hey guys...
thanks (once again) in advance!!! LOL
if you have a hood that had the turn signal delete plates on them... do they just 'POP out" to be able to use turn signals?? or are they 2 different hoods!?!?!?
i have a steel hood (that needs work!!!) w/ the turn signals holes.... and i came across someone that has a hood  supposededley w/ no rust on it..but he said it has the turn signal delete plates where the turn signals would go!?!?!?!?  i'll go grab his hood..if it's better than mine....as it'll be easier / cheaper "body work" wise... but i'd like to do "white" hood turn signals on the car!?!?!?!? 
thanks....
-JOHN
68 Charger R/T, SOLD =/ sniffle sniffle
01 BMW 740i SPORT  
01 Hot Rod Harley Dresser, SOLD =/ =/

UFO

With or without lights interchange.Its just a blockout plate.I'm not aware of any difference between 68 - 69.

HITMAN 149

COOOL thanks UFO!!!!! he supposed to shoot me some pics before i take the trek up to see the hood!!!! the i'll just re-sell mine.
:icon_smile_cool:
01 BMW 740i SPORT  

1st_charger

the delete plates bolt in but the hoods are the same!

If your not going to use the delete plates and decide to get rid of (sell) them let me know I have been looking for a set of deletes as mine are missing!

Thanks

scottiboy43756@yahoo.com

HITMAN 149

okie dokie.... if i get the hood..i'll  let ya know!!!
01 BMW 740i SPORT  

PocketThunder

New question:  The hood turn signal lens is recessed and one side is longer than the other.  Which way is up? 

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Ghoste

If I am understanding you correctly, the longer part goes to the top.  The slant in the lens itself is oriented so that it is ramping down as if you wanted water to roll off of it into the hood depression.  Does that make sense or even answer your question?

PocketThunder

Quote from: Ghoste on April 09, 2008, 11:23:41 AM
If I am understanding you correctly, the longer part goes to the top.  The slant in the lens itself is oriented so that it is ramping down as if you wanted water to roll off of it into the hood depression.  Does that make sense or even answer your question?

Yes.  thats what i thought.  that the longer part is to the top.  So that the driver has more area of the lens to view.  I never thought about the water run off.  Thats a good point also..

thanks!
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Ghoste

I don't think it's actually for water runoff.  I guess it could be but it was the only analogy that I could come up with to try and describe it.  :laugh:

69_500

My appologies Paul. Was on here and didn't see that I had a PM from you on this topic. Did a search and saw you had it answered already. Just wanted to let you know though that I didn't ignore you, just didn't see that I had a PM. I don't get many of them, so sometimes it takes me a while to notice.