News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

About to acquire #'s matching '69 Hemi Charger R/T

Started by bzabodyn, September 24, 2007, 07:26:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi68charger

Quote from: Just 6T9_CHGR.... on October 09, 2007, 09:02:12 AM
Yes they were available.  Like Geno stated they were a mid year option.  The earliest true coded car I have is 4/28/69, while the others are late June & July SPD's

Doinig a little more digging I found a few pics of the cars coded for these pins.  Looking at the pics you can see the factory location was a bit further out on the hood.  None of the pics I have show the mounting point under the hood though.  Sadly I do have a pic of the BS for the V2 car but its too small & unreadable.  This car was purchased off ebay back in '04 for about $6500....someone got a real nice deal on this fuly loaded car that was in really good unrestored shape.  So far the new owner has not registered it :(
Also both these cars were coded for the V21 Hood Performance Treatment as well....

Wow,, thanks Chris... Guess I didn't read that reply on this thread Geno submitted..........

7/11 ?  That's the second Friday of the month in July of 1969.. That would be the last day of "regular" production, no? I know there were probably some here and there that needed to get out of the assembly line that had been ordered, yet not built...........
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Just 6T9 CHGR

Troy, the next Friday 7/18 was the last day for 1969
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

hemi68charger

Quote from: Just 6T9_CHGR.... on October 09, 2007, 09:33:35 AM
Troy, the next Friday 7/18 was the last day for 1969

Ahhhh, once again, Mr. 1969-guru comes through.................
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Troy

Moved so that everyone who hasn't seen these yet can join in... :2thumbs:

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

69_500

Man you moved this to the section I don't look at.

The hood pins in those two cars look like they are in different locations from each other. The one car appears to be closer to the front of the car, where as the others appear to be a tad further back. Or it could just be the angles of the pictures too.

So no hood pins before jan 1? which is also the same day that headrest became standard instead of an option. Hmmmm, any correlation? I think not.

69CoronetRT

Quote from: hemigeno on October 09, 2007, 01:37:21 AM
Quote from: bzabodyn on October 08, 2007, 10:58:25 PM
don't know where I could find the info on the broadcast sheet - any clues?

still waiting on the fender tag - as soon as I get it, I'll post it up and we'll see if the hood pins are the real deal...

BZ

Try looking on Line 8 under "J Miscellaneous Items".  A few boxes will automatically filled out
J11  Glove Box Lock
J15  Cigar Lighter
J21  Electric Clock
J31  Dual Horns

You're looking for Sales Code J45 - problem is, they did not have a pre-printed box for that particular option on the 1969 form (Hood Pins were a late model year option and they didn't produce new Broadcast Sheet forms just for that reason).  Personally, I don't know exactly where under that "J" heading the sales code would have been typed in, but it should be somewhere in those first 17 boxes.  I haven't seen a broadcast sheet with the hood pins coded. 

I believe you will find a number 5 in the box to the right of the J64 indicates hood pins
Seeking information on '69 St. Louis plant VINs, SPDs and VONs. Buld sheets and tag pictures appreciated. Over 3,000 on file thanks to people like you.

69bronzeT5

Quote from: Just 6T9_CHGR.... on October 09, 2007, 09:06:10 AM
This one is a T5 RT/SE again, V21 option & J45 pins 7/11 SPD

Chris, is it ok for me to use the 2 pictures of the exterior of the car for my site???
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic