News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

how to remove steering wheel

Started by christianlarsen, September 24, 2007, 07:13:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

christianlarsen

Hi

im trying to fix a horn that doesnt work and want to remove the steering wheel. How do i do that ?
There is a plastic cap in the center, should i remove that to get to a bolt or ??

/Christian

TripleBlackGator

Which wheel is in question? Picture? You will need a steering wheel puller though after you remove the cosmetic plastic cap.
Malicious, vindictive, spiteful, cynical, pessimistic, sarcastic, & antagonistic. And those are my good traits!

chargerman68

Quote from: TripleBlackGator on September 24, 2007, 07:49:29 AM
Which wheel is in question? Picture? You will need a steering wheel puller though after you remove the cosmetic plastic cap.

:iagree:

any local parts store may have one to rent
1968 CHARGER R/T CLONELOOKING FOR ANOTHER PROJECT 69-70 CHARGER SHELL

christianlarsen

I hope u can recognize what type im having from the picture. If not let me know and i will try to take another one with more light

CharlieCharger

Quote from: christianlarsen on September 24, 2007, 12:35:33 PM
I hope u can recognize what type im having from the picture. If not let me know and i will try to take another one with more light

Looks almost like a 3rd gen steering wheel cap...You can GENTLY pry those with a plastic scrapper or a flathead.. off..then there will be a metal plate under that held by If I remember correctly 3 screws..
Earth. Even the word sounded strange to me now... unfamiliar. How long had I been gone? How long had I been back? Did it matter? I tried to find the rhythm of the world where I used to live. I followed the current. I was silent, attentive, I made a conscious effort to smile, nod, stand, and perform the millions of gestures that constitute life on earth. I studied these gestures until they became reflexes again. But I was haunted by the idea that I remembered her wrong -Solaris

Just 6T9 CHGR

Christian, you first start by carefully prying out the center logo to reveal a nut, then the pad will come off.....after that its self explanatory
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

68charger383

1968 Charger 383(Sold)
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10

MTPOCKET

Man that step by step is so cool.  Great website :coolgleamA: