News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Exhumed a 1970 Barracuda today!

Started by PocketThunder, September 23, 2007, 12:09:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PocketThunder

Hi guys, and gals,

So a fellow member Timm (Coolmite) and i went to my home town and exhumed a 1970 Barracuda today.  I couldnt stand knowing that its sitting on an abandoned farm returning to earth so i finally made a deal with the owner and brought it home.  Its pretty rough but someone will want it.  I'll let the pictures do the talking..

Paul
in St. Paul
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

PocketThunder

Out of the ground.  :o
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

PocketThunder

After a good pressure wash.   :yesnod:

PocketThunder

:o

MsMopar

Nice one! I would have rescued it too! MsMopar

ChargerSG

Looking for 383 Magnum #0B196875 and 0B115166

blackcharger

shame it got that bad. but I see lots of parts to help others.

TruckDriver

Was a nice car at one time according to the tag :yesnod:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

TUFCAT

Hard to belive it was left for dead - was the front end wrecked at some time?  :scratchchin:

SuBLimE 69

Of course it was worth saving....it was Sublime !  :icon_smile_tongue:

This ticket is only $69.00 ?  If I'd have known that I'd have been going FASTER !

AKcharger

ah...wow that has a LOOOOOONG way to go, were you going to try to retore it?

dodgeboy67

41husk

with E body prices, some body would give 3 or 4k for it :eek2: :o
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

70charginglizard

Paul.
Any 70 cuda is worth saving if possible so kudo's to you.
70 cuda was my very first and one of my favorate mopars (even though a divorse force me quickly out of it)
They are awesome cars and don't let anyone discourage you from proceeding forward in a restoration if you think your willing and capible of doing oen.
It looks very rough but given enough hearts and soul and cash it's definately a possibly save. Just be sure you don't park it in your yard and allow any further deterioration. Put it in a garage. :yesnod:

Good luck bud.  :cheers:
70charginglizard

Charger_Fan

Quote from: 41husk on September 23, 2007, 09:20:31 AM
Probably. :yesnod: :image_294343:

Paul, is this the one you showed us pics of a couple years ago? Too bad it's not a Hemi car. :icon_smile_big:
Cleaned up, it looks better than I thought it would...still nasty, but better.
Oh & THAT'LL BUFF RIGHT OUT! :buff: :icon_smile_big:

Sublime, long time-no see! :cheers:
How'd your other Charger deal work out, anyhoo? Do you still have two?

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

The70RT

What do you think LEON....can ya fix it :icon_smile_question:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

PocketThunder

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on September 23, 2007, 09:53:01 AM
Quote from: 41husk on September 23, 2007, 09:20:31 AM
Paul, is this the one you showed us pics of a couple years ago?

Yes, i finally had time to go get it.. 

I could certainly handle a project like this.  I love to do metal work, however, i dont have and time or money for it right now so it'll go on ebay for someone else. :yesnod:

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

70charger_boy

Quote from: Silver R/T on September 23, 2007, 12:42:32 PM
sublime cuda, thats rare one

:shruggy: I thought plymouth used sasafrass green and not sublime

Troy

Quote from: 70charger_boy on September 23, 2007, 01:15:12 PM
Quote from: Silver R/T on September 23, 2007, 12:42:32 PM
sublime cuda, thats rare one

:shruggy: I thought plymouth used sasafrass green and not sublime
You're both wrong - but he's closer. How does that make you feel? ;)

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Troy

CodeDodgePlymouth
F4Light Green MetallicLime Green Metallic
J5SublimeLime Light
J6Green GoSassy Grass Green

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

dads_69

This is Sassy Grass. Lighting is an issue though somewhat with photos. But J6 is the code. Cool find also. Lots of mopars around here in that same condition, I've asked about many of the old mopars and get the same answer as most here, *gonna resurrect* it someday. More like watch it rot away.
Mark
Hey, you can hate the game but don't hate the player.

hemi-hampton

70R/T, Yeah it could be done or restored, but I wouldn't want to put the time or money needed into a 318 Barracuda, maybe not even a 340 Cuda that rough. If it was a hemi car go for it. Sure, put $100,000 into it & resell the Hemi car for $250,000, BUT Put $100,000 into a 318 Barracuda to sell for what $50,000 tops? LEON. :scratchchin:

rav440

:cheers: nice find , glad to see it didnt fold in half when it was lifted .  :2thumbs:
1973 PLYMOUTH road runner GTX

70charger_boy