News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Please post Photos of carpet around pedals

Started by robertnb64, September 20, 2007, 02:38:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

robertnb64

Hey all,

Can anyone post some photos of how the carpet is cut around the gas pedal and linkage bracket.

Thanks in advance!

keepat

Not sure this is factory correct? but I hope this helps!
Pat

robertnb64

RJS

This car has an original carpet:

MTPOCKET

Neal_J

In my judgement, the red pic have be a repro carpet.  From my experience, and as indicated in the black interior photo above, the gas pedal mounts through the vinyl heel pad.  In the red pic, it's mounted in correctly and the carpet therefore doesn't extent far enough up the firewall. 

Ghoste

I just read an article or an advertisement in one of the Mopar mags a couple of days ago about repop carpet sets and being short on the firewall.  Apparently there is a company now making carpet sets that extend further on all sides so that they can be trimmed to fit better on the sides and go the correct distance up the firewall.  My car magazines are all at work so I can't look it up right now but I'm thinking it was in MCG?  Can't recall the name of the company now either.

y3chargerrt

The carpet is from a company called Motor Parts South 704-435-2692.I think they are a supplier to the part houses.