News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

SMOG LAWS IN LAS VEGAS ? ? ?OR NEVADA? ? ?

Started by skip68, September 17, 2007, 11:44:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skip68

Just wanted to know if you have to smog cars in Nevada, like Las Vegas?   :shruggy: Thank's  Chuck.........
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Tom_440

Yes. The laws here in Vegas suck. In Las Vegas, you need to smog all cars 1968 and up. You can get classic plates - gotta smog one time and sign something that says you drive less than 2500/year so you don't have to smog ever again.

Vegas is in Clark County. 60 miles over the hump to Pahrump is Nye county. There is no requirement to smog your car in Nye county, or annual inspections.

PS: there is a mopar club in Vegas. Turn out is generally not big, but there are over 300 cars.

skip68

skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

chgr500

I have to have my car tested yearly or I am unable to purchase insurance.....can be kinda tricky with my cam profile at idle.....I generally crank the timing back...test with no aircleaner on and no pcv valve and lean out the carb and pull my vacuum advance line off and let her suck....gotta suck lots of fresh air to pass....car runs like crap with the detune...but passes aircare test
ting....I have a 383 cid which one of the worst engines for smog....this is the reason the 383 turned into a 400 in '72 ....due to the 383 unable to meet emission control standards for '72...smog motor.....tidbit of information.....one 383 engine is equivilant to the emissions expelled from 35 new cars....emissions have come along way...now we know what happened to the ozone layer  :2thumbs: