News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

It's official, We are moving BACK WEST ! ! ! UPDATED!!!!!!

Started by skip68, September 16, 2007, 08:35:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

68chrgrwife

Quote from: Ponch ® on September 17, 2007, 12:38:59 PM
Quote from: 68chrgrwife on September 17, 2007, 01:04:40 AM
Opps I am a blonde I meant that you can only pump your own gas here.  I on the other hand can get mine pumped for me (handicapped plates get their gas pumped for them for nothing extra),

Oh ok...is that by law now? Cuz now that you mention it, I don't think I've seen a gas station with full service pumps in a loooooooooong time.

Some stations have full service...I used to work near a Chevron that had two pumps that were full service, but you paid like 5 cents more a gallon to go to those pumps.  There is a station close to were I live now that charges less if you pay cash rather than using your card too. 
MOPAR OR NO CAR BABY!
LOVING MY HUBBY: CHARGERMAN68
1973 DODGE CHALLENGER: SOLD :(
1968 DODGE CHARGER RT CLONE (OK, SO IT'S HUBBY'S BUT IT'S MINE TOO, RIGHT?)
2008 DODGE CHARGER
2005 DODGE MAGNUM R/T (YES IT'S GOTTA HEMI)!

Charger_Fan

Well Chuck, just don't move to Utah. The friggin' morning commute is bad enough as it is. :nana:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

skip68

But I was thinking we could ride together.  :yesnod:   :smilielol: 
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Charger_Fan

Quote from: skip68 on September 17, 2007, 04:58:12 PM
Sounds good, you're on the back! :icon_smile_big:
One reach-around & you're off, though. :icon_smile_blackeye:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

chargerman68

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on September 17, 2007, 05:20:00 PM

:smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:
1968 CHARGER R/T CLONELOOKING FOR ANOTHER PROJECT 69-70 CHARGER SHELL

skip68

IT'S NOT CALLED A REACH-AROUND .  :slap: IT'S JUST 2 MEN HELPING EACH OTHER OUT! ! ! :pity: :rofl: :nana: :whistling: :ricky: :spank: :woohoo: :moon: :-*
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Ponch ®

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on September 17, 2007, 05:20:00 PM

Quote from: skip68 on September 17, 2007, 09:48:15 PM
IT'S NOT CALLED A REACH-AROUND .  :slap: IT'S JUST 2 MEN HELPING EACH OTHER OUT! ! ! :pity: :rofl: :nana: :whistling: :ricky: :spank: :woohoo: :moon: :-*

"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

CaptMarvel

Quote from: Ponch ® on September 16, 2007, 09:46:29 PM
Quote from: Brock Samson on September 16, 2007, 11:36:06 AM
Have you ever lived anywhere else though?.  :shruggy:

Besides Mexico for a couple of years when I was a kid...no. But why would I want to live anywhere else?

Well, I am a life long resident of Cal. and I could think of a few reasons to go elsewhere. Overall, I like enough about it, especially the easy access to every kind of environment within a few hours drive. But this state leans so far left politically, we may all just fall off into the Pacific one morning and that does not suit everyone in this state, contrary to the liberals beliefs. Another reason to leave is the bad pollution (statewide) and lets face it, Cal. folks are not always friendliest out here. (and I live in one of the friendlier areas -the San Joaquin valley or as Sacramento pompously refers to it, the lower Sacramento valley ha ha) I have experianced true southern hospitality down in Bama, Mo and TN, but not so much around here. Add to that the ridiculous heat (and I dont care that its dry, its 116 degrees!) and the oppresive environmental and business laws and theres enough to make this state not anywhere near perfect. Not saying anywhere else is either- just saying lets not look through rose colored glasses at the golden state, its not worth all that... ::)

skip68

I hear yah.  I'm leaning towards Vegas or Reno/Tahoe area.  It's still early in the game to be sure on one place.

ca 69charger

Skip68, I don't blame ya. I live out in the California delta(Isleton). Luckily I bought my house 10 years ago when it was alot more reasonable $$. I'm an hour from S.F. and a 1/2 hour from Sacramento. Hardly any traffic so I don't have to worry about some idiot running into the charger. Also I ride my motorcycle alot and I feel alot safer than when I lived in the East Bay(Concord). Reno's not to bad. It's a little pricey though, but if you move about 30 mi. out of Reno there's good deals out there. My parents just retired out to Fernley NV from the Bay Area. 2K square foot house w/6 car garage on a golf course for 245K.

Larry

Tom_440

Vegas is a regular metropolis these days. If you like outdoors, Reno/Tahoe is great. Reno is not the nicest city in the US, but you are in the mountains - biking, skiing, hiking, and the lake if you like boats, are all just out your door. The best thing about living in Nevada is no state income tax. I moved to Vegas from San Diego. San Diego is a nice tourist destination. Real estate is stupid expensive and wages are lower than other areas, but there is that sandy place called the beach everybody likes.

skip68

I was born in Concord, stayed until I was 12 and then we moved to the gold country (Lotus). After I was out of school I bounced all over, Washington, Oregon, S. Ca. and Colorado. I wanted to see what is was like out here and had a 2 year plan but I think we are cutting it short.  :scratchchin:   We do love the outdoors, boating, motorcycles, camping etc. and I LOVE the mountains but I need to make money so I need to stay close to a major city.  I know we have wasted alot money on this move as you can imagine moving a family of 5 across country would be, but we just want out and so that's what we are doing.  Vegas just looks attractive to me so I've got to start saving and planing. I don't think if I go to Vegas that I'll register my car there because I don't think my charger will pass emissions. So I'll just keep it registered with our Ca. address.  :icon_smile_big:    Chuck.........

chargerman68

well i hope u guys decide san diego  need some guys here to hang out with :2thumbs:

RECHRGD

Quote from: skip68 on September 18, 2007, 08:06:56 PM
I was born in Concord, stayed until I was 12 and then we moved to the gold country (Lotus). After I was out of school I bounced all over, Washington, Oregon, S. Ca. and Colorado. I wanted to see what is was like out here and had a 2 year plan but I think we are cutting it short. :scratchchin: We do love the outdoors, boating, motorcycles, camping etc. and I LOVE the mountains but I need to make money so I need to stay close to a major city. I know we have wasted alot money on this move as you can imagine moving a family of 5 across country would be, but we just want out and so that's what we are doing. Vegas just looks attractive to me so I've got to start saving and planing. I don't think if I go to Vegas that I'll register my car there because I don't think my charger will pass emissions. So I'll just keep it registered with our Ca. address. :icon_smile_big: Chuck.........

Both Vegas and Reno are having major gang/crime problems.  Look into that before you pick a place to put your kids in school.   Bob
13.53 @ 105.32

skip68

Quote from: chargerman68 on September 18, 2007, 09:28:38 PM
well i hope u guys decide san diego  need some guys here to hang out with :2thumbs:

My Mom lives in San Carlos and used to live near you in Tierrasanta! So, even if we don't move to S.D. right away, .......trust me you will hear from us when we come to visit!!! :yesnod: Chuck has already made that very clear!!! hahaha! ;D  :yesnod:
Mrs.Skip68 ;)

71ChallengeHer

Mr and Mrs Skip , Good Luck on moving. I don't know anything about out west. So I can't help. But keep us updated on what you both decide. :2thumbs:

Neal_J

Congrats on the move!

For what it's worth, I've travelled extensively for business throughout the US.  Each area seems to have its unique pros and cons.  Seattle, for example is beautiful and has lots of outdoor activities, but the rain is almost endless.  North Carolina is wide open and the ladies have that wonderful southern drawl to their voices, but there are too many bugs, too much humidity and the area lacks some "culture".  NorCal, where I live, has lots of jobs, urban culture and proximity to both the ocean and the mountains, but houses in our town fetch at least $900 grand.

For me, (1) having family and friends nearby and (2) having a decent-paying, stable job outweigh most other concerns. 

Well, that plus a low ratio of fat chicks.

Peace,

Neal,
NorCal

skip68

Quote from: Neal_J on September 19, 2007, 11:43:08 AM
Congrats on the move!

For what it's worth, I've travelled extensively for business throughout the US.  Each area seems to have its unique pros and cons.  Seattle, for example is beautiful and has lots of outdoor activities, but the rain is almost endless.  North Carolina is wide open and the ladies have that wonderful southern drawl to their voices, but there are too many bug, too much humidity and lacks some culture.  NorCal has lots of jobs, urban culture and proximity to both the ocean and the mountains, but houses in our town fetch at least $900 grand.

For me, (1) having family and friends nearby and (2) having a decent-paying, stable job outweigh most other concerns. 

Peace,

Neal,
NorCal

We just moved from Northern Cali. in December to Tennessee, and we hate it!  :icon_smile_dissapprove: We also miss our friends and family out there. As much as I don't look forward to the frickin hassle of packing and a cross-country trek, :brickwall:  I can't stand the humidity, bugs, hazy skies, and some pretty unique people who might just be "in-bred"! :iamwithstupid: just kiddin! :smilielol: :slap:  :shruggy: Chuck wants to at least be in Nevada. I really don't care, as long as we move somewhere that we can use our boat!!! And a place that might have a few trees. I guess I'll just go with the flow and start lookin for moving boxes again! Yuck!
Mrs.Skip68 ;)

red72chrgr

Y'all  just moved to the wrong part of Tn. Sorry you didn't/don't like it here.  Actually, if I could I'd move back home to West Virginia. Save the W.V. comments, heard 'em all before...lol. Good luck Skip68 & Mrs.Skip.
Nothing personal, just business

chargerman68

Quote from: skip68 on September 19, 2007, 12:10:17 PM
Quote from: Neal_J on September 19, 2007, 11:43:08 AM
Congrats on the move!

For what it's worth, I've travelled extensively for business throughout the US.  Each area seems to have its unique pros and cons.  Seattle, for example is beautiful and has lots of outdoor activities, but the rain is almost endless.  North Carolina is wide open and the ladies have that wonderful southern drawl to their voices, but there are too many bug, too much humidity and lacks some culture.  NorCal has lots of jobs, urban culture and proximity to both the ocean and the mountains, but houses in our town fetch at least $900 grand.

Peace,

Neal,
NorCal

We just moved from Northern Cali. in December to Tennessee, and we hate it!  :icon_smile_dissapprove: We also miss our friends and family out there. As much as I don't look forward to the frickin hassle of packing and a cross-country trek, :brickwall:  I can't stand the humidity, bugs, hazy skies, and some pretty unique people who might just be "in-bred"! :iamwithstupid: just kiddin! :smilielol: :slap:  :shruggy: Chuck wants to at least be in Nevada. I really don't care, as long as we move somewhere that we can use our boat!!! And a place that might have a few trees. I guess I'll just go with the flow and start lookin for moving boxes again! Yuck!
Mrs.Skip68 ;)

i will fly out and drive the charger back to cali :icon_smile_big:

Rolling_Thunder

Opps I am a blonde I meant that you can only pump your own gas here.  I on the other hand can get mine pumped for me (handicapped plates get their gas pumped for them for nothing extra),

Oh ok...is that by law now? Cuz now that you mention it, I don't think I've seen a gas station with full service pumps in a loooooooooong time.

There is a full service Chevron up in Palos Verdes Estates...    you know those lilly white people are too lazy to pump their own gas...      :hah:
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

70charger_boy

Quote from: Rolling_Thunder on September 20, 2007, 12:43:11 AM

you know those lilly white people are too lazy to pump their own gas...      :hah:

Huh, what???  I'm not lazy I'm just stupid

pandamarie

I live in Sacramento, weather has been great this year except for the few 105 degree days, but even on a bad day you can still drive your nice cars and only have to worry about the crazy soccer mom trying to get her kids to school so she can get to starbucks and then hangout at the gym.
Iwas an air force brat and then went into the USMC so I have lived all over the world and the USA and if I could pick one place to live(Sacramento for last 18 years) I would move to San Diego, anywhere from Camp Pendelton down is great, even LA is ok when you see all the great car people doing car shows, swap meets and just cruising in thier old cars all year. The cost of housing has come down a bit in the last year, I bought mine 18 years ago so its like sitting on gold even with the price drop.
Only thing I dont like is the traffic, use to get on the freeway to Reno and cruise 100mph or better up there and back now you can only do that in short spurts, Oh well I will have to build the Daytona clone for the salt flats.
Where else can you drive a car like this in the middle of December?? This is my 1914 Mitchell with my son in the background and my Grandkids in the seat when they were one year old, they are now almost 5 and just moved back to Oklahoma. Thats me getting ready to crank it after priming the carb. This was also one of the first privatly owned street cars to put its tires on the brickyard(indy speedway) back in 1976 it was part of the opening show for the indy 500 when my Grandfather raced 2 other cars for three laps before the race, He won at an average speed of 76.8 mph from a dead stop and won by over half a lap. Car is actually owned by my Father in Law but is being passed on to me someday, hopefully not soon, as I am the mechanic and only one that knows how to drive  and maintain it.

skip68

I use to cruise Sunrise Blvd in Sac. back when I was 18-19 years old when you could still do it. Most of folsom was just open rocky land on 50 and we would come down Hwy 50 from Cameron Park at 100mph+ all the time at night. :coolgleamA:  NOT ANYMORE.  :'(  I will be so glad to be back in a better climate.  :woohoo: 
i will fly out and drive the charger back to cali :icon_smile_big:
[/color]                         Let me think about it and I'll get back to you.  :scratchchin:  Will you help load the U-Haul ?   :icon_smile_big:  Chuck...

pandamarie

So what part of Cali are you planning on moving to?? I loved driving my charger around here, somtimes I miss it since I started converting it to a Daytona, but it will be much more fun to drive once im done. get ahold of me if you move up in the NorCal area. Taking the 39 V12 Packard to the Galt old car festival this Saturday. Folsom is nothing like it use to be, 50 to Tahoe is nothing but houses till you get past placeville.
Enjoy the drive in the Charger from Tn. I40 through NM and Az is a great place for some top end runs but those highway patrol or state troopers are pretty sneaky.