News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

It's official, We are moving BACK WEST ! ! ! UPDATED!!!!!!

Started by skip68, September 16, 2007, 08:35:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skip68

I guess we have just had too much of the good life(weather) and just miss it too much.  The humidity is bad here, the boating waters are not clear & clean(I hit a mud bar in the middle of the lake in 2 1/2 feet of water and COULD NOT see the bottom:flame: :flame: :flame: and the cost of living is almost the same as it was out there now. It is still cheaper to buy a home here but it is harder to make money. I've started my own business so I can make more money and get out of here sooner. This state is going to have some bad growing pains and I don't want to be part of it as it has started. We have been here about 9 months and in that time gas has gone up $1 per gallon, food has gone up and everything else but wages. This state ranks in the top for bankruptcies and foreclosers and it's going to get worse. Two days ago we did have blue clear skies which was the first in THREE WEEKS  :flame:  Tn. is just not for us and buying a home for half the price of a Ca. home does NOT offset the poor climate.  :rotz:  Right now it cost us the same amount of money to live per month as it did in Ca. but it's alot harder to get the money to live as it was out there. I should have seen the signs sooner.  If people and companies are flocking to a state it's because the land is cheap and so is the labor and as long as the local people will work for less you will find it hard to live.  Alot of people here don't travel or do as much as we are used to so they can live on alot less but they are feeling the growing pains of this state now. The man that did my signs for my truck said it's us Californians fault for the cost of living going up.  :slap:  I'm watching thing's very close and I think Ca. is going to have some good opportunities in the next 6 to 8 months or so, also Nevada and Arizona.  Ca. is taking a hit right now so timing is everything.  I'm thinking it will take me about 6 months to save to go back, we will see. Chuck.....
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

70charger_boy

Good for you, Chuck.  I'm trying to find a way to escape the East Coast, but it's tough.  I was planning on moving to Cali and was wondering what is it like?

kab69440

Good thing you didn't move to Ohio. Right now, you'd be in the Intensive Care ward recovering from your suicide attempt.  :smilielol:
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

Ponch ®

Quote from: 70charger_boy on September 16, 2007, 08:43:58 AM
I was planning on moving to Cali and was wondering what is it like?

dude, just move out here. Like Skip says...yes, it's more expensive, but there are better job opportunities, great weather most of the year, and you'll be near Ashley. Maybe you can get a job flying daddy's Gulfstream. :icon_smile_big:

But seriously...I've never bought into the whole "why live in CA when you can buy a mansion in Arkansas for 1/3 of the price of a condo". There are just way too many reasons why I stay here and think every overpriced penny I spend is worth it.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

Brock Samson

69bronzeT5

I think BC is awesome. Mild winters and it snows around for about a week and thats about it. Spring starts in about March here where other places, in about mid April. Good nice sunny/warm summers. Hot on some days. I think we had a few days this past summer when it was about 40 degrees celcius. ;)
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Silver R/T

I was kind of thinking moving to TN, AR but now Im reconsidering my options. Ive heard its pretty humid there, I hate that. TN is also one of the states with lowest minimum wage.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

skip68

It's also hard to plan camping or boating because it may rain.  :rotz:   I don't want to say it's a bad place to live, I'm just saying it's not for us. So if you don't like the sticky feeling of humidity (even at 75 degrees)  :flame: and an economy that's not stable then this place is not for you as well.  Chuck.....
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

70charger_boy

Quote from: Ponch ® on September 16, 2007, 11:27:28 AM
Quote from: 70charger_boy on September 16, 2007, 08:43:58 AM
I was planning on moving to Cali and was wondering what is it like?

dude, just move out here. Like Skip says...yes, it's more expensive, but there are better job opportunities, great weather most of the year, and you'll be near Ashley. Maybe you can get a job flying daddy's Gulfstream. :icon_smile_big:

You had me at Ashley  :drool5: :drool5:  and Gulfstreams are not my cup of tea.  I like the Citation 10's.  There is nothing like going Mach.91 and it's easier to level off than the Crapstream

TK73

I've lived in:

Jersey
Florida
N. Virginia
Arkansas
Missouri
Tennessee
Kentucky
Indiana
Washington State

The South and Mid South SUCK.

Try California... Don't bother with Washington; it's becoming North-North California with lots of rain...

1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

skip68

Try California... Don't bother with Washington; it's becoming North-North California with lots of rain...                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                I hear ya.  :yesnod:                                                                                                                                                           
  I've lived in Kent, Washington and Salem Oregon and I know what you mean about rain.  :yesnod:  It will be Cali, Nevada or Arizona.  :shruggy: All I know is it will be a dry climate and I can drive my car without it turning to rust.  I maybe anal, but my car DOES NOT go out of the garage in rain or on salty roads.  Part of me is leaning towards Vegas.  :icon_smile_big: I wish it would work out here but we just can't live like this.  Chuck........

68chrgrwife

skip...we'll welcome u back with open arms....San Diego will always be here when you are ready to come back.  LOL  TN is not for eveybody.  I have family there and have visited a few times...it isn't for me that's for sure.  Maybe KY, but not TN!!
MOPAR OR NO CAR BABY!
LOVING MY HUBBY: CHARGERMAN68
1973 DODGE CHALLENGER: SOLD :(
1968 DODGE CHARGER RT CLONE (OK, SO IT'S HUBBY'S BUT IT'S MINE TOO, RIGHT?)
2008 DODGE CHARGER
2005 DODGE MAGNUM R/T (YES IT'S GOTTA HEMI)!

chargerman68

house is always open in san diego...(also the garage for your car) :icon_smile_big:
1968 CHARGER R/T CLONELOOKING FOR ANOTHER PROJECT 69-70 CHARGER SHELL

skip68

That sounds great!  :icon_smile_cool:  Diego is one of the options.  The only problem I see with that is if our wives get together, who will cook and clean for us ?  :icon_smile_big:  My car is about done and will be by the time I move so it won't be parked in any garage long.  :icon_smile_cool:  I would love to meet you guy's when we get back out there.  :yesnod:  I know you are in the military so stay safe and we are proud of you.      Chuck.   :patriot:

chargerman68

thanks where we live the food delivery guys love to delivery just to see the car so we will be good on that. :icon_smile_big:

finally got my car started now so just have too break-in the cam and then the fun starts.

the only bad things about san diego besides the $$$$ factor is there is way too many chevys/fords..there is a san diego mopar club which we will be joining soon.only car shows for mopars are in the LA area and vegas once a year. other than that small group of us with mopars thats it...
1968 CHARGER R/T CLONELOOKING FOR ANOTHER PROJECT 69-70 CHARGER SHELL

Silver R/T

I sure liked smoky mountains and pretty countryside, people are sure more friendly than around here (WA)
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Rolling_Thunder

here are your options i guess....

Move to the following and...

California and learn to Speak Spanish

Washington and commit suicide in a year due to lack of sunshine

Oregon and not be able to pump your own gas

Arizona and learn to speak spanish and find a job

New Mexico and develop a strong stomach for mexican food
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

Ponch ®

Quote from: Brock Samson on September 16, 2007, 11:36:06 AM
Have you ever lived anywhere else though?.  :shruggy:

Besides Mexico for a couple of years when I was a kid...no. But why would I want to live anywhere else?
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

68chrgrwife

Quote from: Rolling_Thunder on September 16, 2007, 09:21:55 PM

You can't pump your own gas in Ca either BTW
MOPAR OR NO CAR BABY!
2008 DODGE CHARGER

Ponch ®

Quote from: 68chrgrwife on September 16, 2007, 10:00:31 PM
Quote from: Rolling_Thunder on September 16, 2007, 09:21:55 PM

You can't pump your own gas in Ca either BTW

ummm....yeah you can. :scratchchin:

68chrgrwife

Opps I am a blonde I meant that you can only pump your own gas here.  I on the other hand can get mine pumped for me (handicapped plates get their gas pumped for them for nothing extra),
MOPAR OR NO CAR BABY!
2008 DODGE CHARGER

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: 68chrgrwife on September 17, 2007, 01:04:40 AM
Opps I am a blonde I meant that you can only pump your own gas here.  I on the other hand can get mine pumped for me (handicapped plates get their gas pumped for them for nothing extra),

Look brunette to me :scratchchin: ;)

Call me a sucker but I kind of like the change of seasons here in NY....everything is 3x the price but the salaries are pretty much up to par with the cost of living (depending on what you do of course)
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Brock Samson

I plan on looking for a place to settledown in my travels,.. Vancouver island where I've been three times now it at the top of the list..
Big Sur Area and Bolinas Ca. figgure in to,.. then there's Hawaii...
San Francisco has it's very own special factors both pro and con... But it's being slowly turned into a rich tourist's Disneyland, They penalize the residents with BS Taxes and Regulations and are forceing working class families out... everything is tourist driven city hall having sold out to the luxury condo developers... 
  I'm ok for now but I need to make plans for my real retirment,.. looking for greener pastures is part of that...

68chrgrwife

Quote from: Just 6T9_CHGR.... on September 17, 2007, 08:02:43 AM

Look brunette to me :scratchchin: ;)

Call me a sucker but I kind of like the change of seasons here in NY....everything is 3x the price but the salaries are pretty much up to par with the cost of living (depending on what you do of course)

I dye my hair..I dyes it black in the pics that are in my avatar and signature.  Right now the top of my hair is blonde and underneath is black. 
MOPAR OR NO CAR BABY!
2008 DODGE CHARGER

Ponch ®

Oh ok...is that by law now? Cuz now that you mention it, I don't think I've seen a gas station with full service pumps in a loooooooooong time.