News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Swap the crome part on headlight switch

Started by Jesco, September 13, 2007, 02:47:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jesco

Hi,
Anyone know if it's possible to switch/swap the chrome (plastic) part/button on the headlight switch on a 69 charger.

-My switch/button have nice chroming but the component/switch do not work (burned electronic).

-Now I have found a headlight switch who works electronical but have bad plastic chroming....

What to do?

The headlight swithes for 68-69 charger have become very expensive and hard to find, so I want to solve my problem. I dont want to install the working switch with bad plastic chrome.

Many Thanks

1964 Dodge 330 Super Stock Clon
1969 Dodge Charger R/T

Ghoste

Did you try a search on the site?  It seems to me that I recall someone here doing that but I don't remember the procedure.

lilwendal

Getting just the rocker off is very difficult without damaging it.   Standard headlight switches have roll pin that you can press out  but with the vacuum arm on the charger style you cant do that.
What I've done in the past with your situation...Good chrome switch with bad internals.... Is to buy a  new standard style switch, Then remove the charger style rocker with the switch housing. Its held in by 3 small tabs that you can bend out. Bend the tabs out enough to pull the switch guts out. Do the same with  the new standard switch and replace it with the charge switch. You would be suprised how simple the inside of the switch actual is. I have several of these apart now getting rebuilt so if you need picks just ask.

Jesco

1964 Dodge 330 Super Stock Clon
1969 Dodge Charger R/T