News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Who played football in high school?

Started by Harlow, September 11, 2007, 11:26:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harlow

Just curious to see who played. What position did you play? I'll start. I'm a senior and I play defensive end. I also play a little Tight End here and there and back up my friend at middle linebacker.

Big Lebowski

I did. #72 Right tackle, at the bottom of the pile every play, with no glory and no hot cheerleader girlfriend. But it did help with scoring with the other hot chicks :D
"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."

bull

I played one year when I was in 7th grade in Hawaii and all four years in high school. Never played college but I wish I had. When I was a freshman and sophomore they put me at fullback on offense and linebacker on defense and then during my junior and senior years I went to the line and played noseguard on defense (usually) and guard on offense. I also did kickoffs and held for the kicker on extra points. We had a unique situation at my high school because the team was very small so the starters played the entire game; offense, defense and special teams. I played pretty much every minute of every varsity game from my sophomore year on.

I played a little defensive end from time to time and I wish I could have played that spot a lot more because you can get a lot of sacks. Fullback was a lot of fun too as well as offensive guard because we had this one sweep play where I pulled right and hit their defensive end. I loved that play because 75% of the time the guy never saw me coming. :naughty:

firefighter3931

Played O-Line and nuthin else.  :icon_smile_big:  Luved to pancake those D-lineman and linebackers  :devil:

Here's a pic from my College days....pulling on a sweep. The tailback scored on a 35 yrd run ; remember it like it was yesterday. Best time of my life !  :2thumbs:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

bull

8WHEELER

Quote from: firefighter3931 on September 12, 2007, 12:43:11 AM
Played O-Line and nuthin else.  :icon_smile_big:  Luved to pancake those D-lineman and linebackers  :devil:

Here's a pic from my College days....pulling on a sweep. The tailback scored on a 35 yrd run ; remember it like it was yesterday. Best time of my life !  :2thumbs:

Ron

I like that picture more everytime I see it Ron   :notworthy:  I already had it saved on my hard drive   :yesnod: :yesnod:

I don't have a great picture like Ron, but I was Left Offensive Tackle for 6yrs, and defensive nose guard 1/2 of my
Senior year, dropping the QB  got a lot more attention, than breaking open holes for the running backs I found out  :icon_smile_big:

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

RD

#11, quarterback, punter/kicker senior year
#31, slot back, WR, Corner/Safety fresh-junior
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

dodgecharger-fan

I played for 3 years

Let's see:
Defensive end
Slot back
Tight end
Wide receiver
Linebacker

Coach saw me punt while horsing around at practice and threw me in to a scrimmage.... once.  :rofl:

I caught a hail mary pass for a TD once - QB was half way to the ground when he launched a wobbler. I was in the end zone looking at the 3 defenders around me wondering why they weren't moving to intercept. Then, I just jumped up in the air as high as I could and corraled that puppy in to my body. THEN, they hit me.

That's about the biggest highlight for me with the exception of a nifty little move I pulled on a pursuer while running for a TD in a scrimmage against what was the best team in town at the time.
I caught a short pass and was running down the sidelines and he was angling to cut me off. I don't know what made me do it, but I cut inside just as he dove for the tackle. He went right passed me and out of bounds. The ref whistled it down and I was pissed - didn't know why the whislte blew. It seems no is allowed to score in a scrimmage game???  :shruggy:

TheGhost

#34.  Played my sophmore through to my senior year.  I was a running back, a slot reciever, and even played defensive end on the JV team.  Only scored 2 touchdowns in my career, though.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

Guns N Rotors

#22 TB/DB

Played two years with Bernie Kosar at Boardman High School.
"Only the spirit of attack, born in a brave heart, will bring success to any fighting aircraft, no matter how highly developed it may be."

Rolling_Thunder

Lets see...    played many positions...    keep in mind I went to a little private school and was the biggest kid on the team

5'11 --  230lbs - Freshman Year
6'0 ---   245lbs - Sophomore Year
6'1 ---   250lbs - Junior Year
6'2 ---   268lbs - Senior Year

Freshman Year - Kicker, 2nd String QB, Full Back
Sophomore Year- Kicker, D-Tackle, Full Back
Junior Year -  Linebacker, Full Back
Senior Year -  Linebacker

Junior Year was by far the best...    Did do me in though...    my knee decided to give up the ghost that summer...    That season was the shit however...    playing both ways sucked hard (small team of only 22 players at my school and i was the biggest one)...   But it was great, Go in for touchdowns one minute then sending QBs and tailbacks away on stretchers...     I guess I hit pretty hard back then   :D
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

PocketThunder

Practiced to be a wide reciever on offense but i was the 3rd string, so i never saw any game time.  Played Free Safety on defense, second string for the most part.  Didnt see much game time but i did have a couple interceptions.  I'll admit i coudnt tackle worth a damn though.  Got a miss-aligned joint on one finger to prove it :yesnod: 
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

moparsons

#77 defensive end and offensive tackle.   Loved the sacking QBs!!! :D

When I was in High School my team (sturgis Scoopers) was 0 for 72.  The national record is 82 straight losses.  We went winless from 1997 to 2006, almost 9 full seasons.  They finally did win twice toward the end of the 06 season.  My cousin was a junior starting lineman in 06 and to see the joy and relief on his face after the win was one of the happiest things I've ever seen. 

We do make up for the football with wrestling though.  I can't quote the exact number but I think it's 83 consecutive duel victories.  And they're on another streak right now. 
When I was just a very young lad I looked up and told my dad, a bareback rider's what I wanna be.  I want the whole world to know about me.  In the rodeo arena I'll make my stand.  I wanna be a rodeo man.  I'll come flyin' from the chute with my spurs up high, chaps and boots reachin' for the sky.  Spurin' wild with my head throwed back, you'll ask 'Who's that,' well that's Bareback Jack.  You'll ask 'Who's that,' well that's Bareback Jack.

Charger-Bodie

i wish i would have played football in H/S but i was way too much into cars to spare any of my time for sports  :brickwall: :brickwall: hind sight is 20/20
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

supserdave

I wish I would have to, but the whole code of eligibility thing got in the way  :cheers::angel: :icon_smile_big:

69_500

Was only in america for one year in High School to play football.

I played WR/KR on offense, and OLB on defense.

Ran 1 kickoff back for a TD, and scored 3 TD's on offense, 2 receiving, and 1 on a reverse. Coach didn't throw the ball much like most HS, and his son was the RB. I wanted to run the ball, but figured its better to start and play as the #1 receiver than ride the bench behind his son at HB.