News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Taillight Studs and Nuts

Started by Judhudson, September 08, 2007, 11:51:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Judhudson

Looking on ebay, I know I am going to need a few parts for the taillights (so I can buy and box it up with the taillights once they are restored).

I found the studs: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/69-70-New-Charger-Tail-Light-Studs_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ10076QQihZ007QQitemZ170123219523QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

and nuts: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DMT-Mopar-Charger-69-70-Taillight-Gaskets-1969-1970_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ42611QQihZ011QQitemZ320121732278QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

They have to be out of their flippin' mind!  Does anybody know the proper size for the studs, both length and thickness? They should be standard to where I can go into Home Depot and pick some out, right? Also, all I need is 16 studs and 16 nuts? Shouldn't it really be 32 nuts, or is there a place they screw into on the taillights or tailpanel?

Also, I searched the forums but I couldn't find the thread....I thought that there was a group buy for them but I am looking for some new chrome trim bezels for the taillights.  Are these available?

Thanks for the help. I'm slowly but surely making a little progress on the car

terrible one

I went into Home Depot and bought a long ass dowl rod of the right diameter and all (can't remember it, just brought a stud in and compared), then cut it into lots of little studs and wahlah.

Judhudson

That's an idea to do, I'll remember that.  However, I am lacking all of the studs and nuts from the taillights, so I have no idea on any measurements :)

Judhudson

Hmmm after more searching, guess there is no Taillight Bezel Repro's available yet for 69-70 Chargers.  Hope there are soon!

As for the studs, would anyone happen to have a spare one to measure?  Or perhaps some mounting pics (I honestly don't see how they go on, but then again I'm not familiar with the tailpanel of a 69 charger so I guess they have holes for them :)

gtx6970

10-24 machine thread stud 1-5/8" long -  then a zinc plated nut with a 9/16" captive washer

Judhudson

Thank you, thank you, thank you.  Now I can make that trip to Home Depot to pick them up.  Getting these boxed and placed on the shelf will feel great.  I appreciate your kindness :D

68charger383

If you cant find the nuts at home depot...get a copy of the AMK catalog..they have almost everything and supply almost all the sellers you see on ebay etc. Their website isn't that great, but the catalog goes nut by nut and bolt by bolt.

http://www.amkproducts.com/

Actually I looked it up per GTX6970's description/pic they have two the same size, both are listed as chrysler taillight nuts: but they have different washer bottoms. I would guess its the flat washer you need.

part number B-10057 for 4 nuts and costs $8 and has a totally flat washer bottom-nut is cadmium-light silver

part number B-10444 for 4 nuts and costs $4 and has little prongs on the washer-nut is zinc dichromate-yellow

If someone posts the studs, I'll look it up to see if they have it.

You can call them up and place an order 540-662-7820
1968 Charger 383(Sold)
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10

Judhudson

Would it work just to use regular washers and nuts?  I assume the studs screw into the tailpanel and then it is only 16 nuts, or do you need to have nuts on both sides making it 32 nuts?