News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Do glass shops not offer clear windshields for 68-70 Charger or B-body?

Started by Blakcharger440, September 06, 2007, 06:24:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blakcharger440

I just had my front windshield and rear window installed on my 70 Charger RT here at my house and I noticed that the windshield seemed to have a little to much tint. I am not talking about near the top where the sunshade tint is but the whole glass seems to have a darker tint to it rather than clear.
I asked the manager about this and he tells me that they dont sell clear glass for these old cars and he has not seen any in a number of years.....is this true that all aftermarket windshield glass will be tinted all over?  Something doesnt seem quite right.

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: Blakcharger440 on September 06, 2007, 06:24:52 PM
I just had my front windshield and rear window installed on my 70 Charger RT here at my house and I noticed that the windshield seemed to have a little to much tint. I am not talking about near the top where the sunshade tint is but the whole glass seems to have a darker tint to it rather than clear.
I asked the manager about this and he tells me that they dont sell clear glass for these old cars and he has not seen any in a number of years.....is this true that all aftermarket windshield glass will be tinted all over?  Something doesnt seem quite right.

thats what they tell me too. :shruggy:
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Brock Samson

i got non tinted in mine, i know cause i actually needed tinted and didnt realize i should have specified...  :shruggy:

onebadmopar

being an autoglass comp owner ....i can tell you if you look hard enough you can find most anything problem is our distributors dont wanna do much of the hunting for these old cars so most glass shops will just get what they can get and use that ...... 9 out of 10 people much rather have the shade on the top and slight tint thruout  rather than a totally clear windshield due in fact it blocks  the sun better keeps car cooler and helps with night glare from on coming headlights on the other end some of us restorers want to put the car back exactly the way it was factory so it makes  it tuffer for us to find the right tint of glass

Blakcharger440

Alright. Then at least what he is telling me is pretty much true in that the clear glass with tint at the top is difficult to find and get. I never did want totally clear just with the tint only at the top.

41husk

1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Brock Samson

Brightyellow69rtse

i got  a clear non tinted one last year for my car from the local guy also.........Mike