News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Repro 69' Charger Upper Door Panels?

Started by Captain D, September 04, 2007, 08:49:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain D

Are there any out there? If so, can they be dyed w/ SEMS vinyl dyes?

Thank you for any replies,
Aaron

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: Captain D on September 04, 2007, 08:49:31 PM
Are there any out there? If so, can they be dyed w/ SEMS vinyl dyes?

Thank you for any replies,
Aaron

there comming but they arent done yet.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Captain D

That's certainly great news. I know that the originals can be dyed, but the big question for me is...can these be dyed?

Thank you for your time,
Aaron

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: Captain D on September 04, 2007, 09:31:28 PM
That's certainly great news. I know that the originals can be dyed, but the big question for me is...can these be dyed?

Thank you for your time,
Aaron
im 99% sure they are going to be dyeable.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .

JrJohnston

CaptainD here is a link to the thread I sent you the PM about.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,29801.msg353543.html#msg353543

That might give you some Idea of what I am talking about.
Junior Johnston
SCB AutoTrim
2565 B W. Bennett
Springfield,Mo 65807
417-869-7700
www.scbautotrim-mo.com
www.myspace.com/scbautotrim

BlueSS454

They can be dyed...as a matter of fact, I just dyed all mine on Saturday.  They were black, I dyed them tan using SEM vinyl color coat.  It's a flexible coating and tough.  I used SEM # 15173 Camel.  I also used it on the door panels and the seats.  Here is a pic below of how it turned out....

Tom Rightler

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: BlueSS454 on September 18, 2007, 09:33:29 PM
They can be dyed...as a matter of fact, I just dyed all mine on Saturday.  They were black, I dyed them tan using SEM vinyl color coat.  It's a flexible coating and tough.  I used SEM # 15173 Camel.  I also used it on the door panels and the seats.  Here is a pic below of how it turned out....

his question about dye was in regards to the repops that are gonna be coming out soon.

BlueSS454

I wouldn't see why repops couldn't be dyed.  Vinyl is vinyl right??
Tom Rightler

Captain D

Well, vinyl isn't always just vinyl. I've bought a handful of items (made of vinyl), which "claimed" to be dye-able. However, once I treated them with SEMS and let them dry overnight, they began to crack and become brittle. Needless to say, there's no way I would put them in my car...especially seeing how all of that would begin to flake off eventually. So, just be careful with a lot of repro vinyl items out there.

Jr. Johnston - If your vinyl upholstery holds the vinyl dye (and not become brittle when you push on it), I am very interested in learning more.
Thank you for your time!
Aaron D.