News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Replacement rocker arms

Started by 69XP383, August 29, 2007, 12:32:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69XP383

I need to replace the rocker arms on my 383. The are stock stamped steel arms and I found a replacement set of 16 for about $85. I was looking at roller rockers. I found a set on ebay for $129. Are the worth the exta cash and are they a direct replacement? How do you adjust them?

Check 'em out here.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BIG-BLOCK-CHRYSLER-MOPAR-383-440-ALUMINUM-ROCKER-ARMS_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33624QQihZ017QQitemZ270159578650QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Brian

resq302

From what I remember, some people had some issues with clearance using roller rockers and the Mopar Perf alluminum valve covers.  I don't know what your engine build will be, but if anyone can help with engine parts and operation, try to hook up with Firefighter (Ron).  I am sure he will shoot an answer to this post as he is one of the Mods here as well.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

firefighter3931

Brian, stick with the MP heavy duty rocker arms....they're bulletproof.  :2thumbs:

Personally, i'm not a fan of budget rocker arms....if you go that route stick with a chosen name brand like Comp, Crane etc...

Using an adjustable rocker arm means you need to change the pushrods as well.....you will need a pushrod with a ball/cup design.

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

69XP383

Thanks guys,

Just a few seconds after typing you I called the supplier and realized I needed to purchase/order cup-style pushrods. Looks like I'm back to the replacement stock stamped steel rockers until I decide to build the engine.

Brian

Charger-Bodie

there are some out there that utilize the original style ball + ball push rods i actually just put a set on my 505 last weekend and im very happy with them.    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/426-440-MOPAR-BB-STAINLESS-ROLLER-ROCKERS-1-6_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33624QQihZ017QQitemZ270159795911QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............