News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Running**update, 9/15/07****

Started by dkn1997, August 25, 2007, 11:07:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PocketThunder

My best time was 8:56 in the steeplechase.  The Olympic qualifying "B" standard is 8:44 so i could have almost made it to trials.   I would have gotten killed though in Olympic trials, but it would have been fun to just be there!   :icon_smile_big:

Now i just run to the parts store and the frig.   :cheers:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

nh_mopar_fan

Quote from: PocketThunder on October 06, 2010, 11:17:25 AM
My best time was 8:56 in the steeplechase.  The Olympic qualifying "B" standard is 8:44 so i could have almost made it to trials.   I would have gotten killed though in Olympic trials, but it would have been fun to just be there!   :icon_smile_big:

Now i just run to the parts store and the frig.   :cheers:
That's really impressive and would've been cool just to be there.

I was never quick. My teammates used to tell me they timed me with a calendar when I went from 1st to 3rd.  :smilielol:

nh_mopar_fan

Ran my first full marathon in January in Miami. Finished at 4:40. Was shooting for 4:30. Wasn't in the cards....

Man, did I hurt afterward.

Ran the Sarasota half marathon in March at 1:57. Felt like chit. Went to the doctor the next day and found out I had a bladder infection and a fever.

Swore that Miami was going to be the first and last and crossed it off the bucket list. Until....yesterday. I go to the Sox game in Boston which starts at 11am and then head over to Kenmore square to watch the runners run by at mile 25. Earlier in the day, my cousin tells me he can get me a number for next year if I want one.  :scratchchin:

After 2 halfs and a full marathon in 6 months, I'm taking a break.

PocketThunder

Quote from: nh_mopar_fan on April 19, 2011, 12:41:39 PMAfter 2 halfs and a full marathon in 6 months, I'm taking a break.

Good plan.  I'd take a break on running marathons until your next lifetime...   :Twocents:   :lol:

Here is my National meet race i typed about earlier,  Its the preliminary heat (somewhat boring) and the final race.  I dug out the old VHS tape and had it converted to digital and put it on the ol youtube.  I keep watching it over and over but i always end up second...  D'oh!!!   :o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-Y32m5hn_k

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

nh_mopar_fan

Quote from: PocketThunder on April 19, 2011, 01:00:10 PM
Quote from: nh_mopar_fan on April 19, 2011, 12:41:39 PMAfter 2 halfs and a full marathon in 6 months, I'm taking a break.

Good plan.  I'd take a break on running marathons until your next lifetime...   :Twocents:   :lol:

Here is my National meet race i typed about earlier,  Its the preliminary heat (somewhat boring) and the final race.  I dug out the old VHS tape and had it converted to digital and put it on the ol youtube.  I keep watching it over and over but i always end up second...  D'oh!!!   :o

That was a nice back and forth at the end there!

PocketThunder

Quote from: nh_mopar_fan on April 19, 2011, 01:18:06 PM
Quote from: PocketThunder on April 19, 2011, 01:00:10 PM

That was a nice back and forth at the end there!

That was top end my friend!  My tach was banging off the red!   :rofl:

dkn1997

Just checking in....

I have now ran the race that started the whole thing 3 years in a row.  best thing I ever did. gives me something to shoot for each year
RECHRGED

Vainglory, Esq.

PocketThunder

Quote from: Vainglory, Esq. on April 19, 2011, 05:52:02 PM
Steeplechase?  Or diving?

http://failblog.org/2011/04/19/epic-fail-photos-hurdle-fail/

Wow thats an old track with the water pit on the outside instead of inside turn 3.  Drake Relays has the same set up.  Or did when i was there back in 98.