News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My next project after the Daytona is done

Started by pandamarie, August 22, 2007, 10:44:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pandamarie

I just bought this 1936 Packard yesterday, wife didnt even complain and actually like it. Paid 1200 for it including delivery to my driveway. straight flat 8 2 bbl, 3speed on the floor with overdrive (column shift didnt come out till 39. rust free car but did have a few bullet holes in it that were covered in bondo. Car has been sitting in this garage for 15 years and the owner said he drove it in there. this was one of about 20 cars they were getting rid of so they could lease the building out. It would look good with a Hemi in it, but will be keeping it all Packard since back surgery is on Oct. 8th, will try and have it running before then though.

moparstuart

cool car   the guy doing the body work on my convertible superbird  loves packard's has a 1929 packard one of 7 know to still exisist
  completely wooden frame and inner structure  had to remake all the wood and then restretch new sheet metal over the wood
  neat cars

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

89MOPAR

Seems awful cheap for a complete[?] car from 1936. 
And i mean that in a good way. Congrats !
77 Ram-Charger SE factory 440 'Macho' package
03 Ram Hemi 4x4 Pickup
Noble M400
72 Satellite Sebring Plus +

Charger_Fan

Quote from: 89MOPAR on August 22, 2007, 11:31:13 AM
Seems awful cheap for a complete[?] car from 1936. 
And i mean that in a good way. Congrats !
:iagree: What a smokin' deal!! :cheers:
Any pics of the other cars he was selling & was he selling those that cheap too?

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

pettybird

yeah i'll take a $1200 delivered packard, too.

nice find!

BigBlockSam

wow! what a cool car. looks like my  39 plymouth . mine has a 440 in it. good luck with it . defiantly very cool . Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Brock Samson

SCORE!  :cheers:  nice pick and a great price.. obviously repainted,.. what was it originally?..

pandamarie

Oringinal color was black,also it was a 6cyl and front end was 8 inches shorter, they streched it to accomadate the big straight 8. The guy has 2 more cars he needs to get rid of by next week. one is a 65-66 mustang coupe and the other is a 70s era VW bug, both will go as cheap as this Packard. Sorry didnt get any pics of them, to excited over this one. This is still a metal over wood frame car, the first all metal car wasnt until 38 and most luxury cars were still wood over metal until 40, I belive it was Dodge that had the first all metal car with the Airflow that was built like a tank
I will post more pics of it after I get home from taking the Grandkids to Disneyland.

moparsons

Where is this? I'd like to check out the stang!

bull

Crimini! You could fit a Prius in that trunk.

BigBlockSam

trunk is very big on these cars. front right of trunk is a good space for the batts.

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

bull

That looks like a good place for a nap at those long car shows. Just crawl in there with a portible A/C unit and shut the lid. :sleep:

BigBlockSam

QuoteThat looks like a good place for a nap at those long car shows 

it's funny that you say that. when this car came from the factory it only had one seat and a trap door that lead to the trunk. it was for salesmen to get there samples to sell to the stores. i met an old man at a show he said that it was common practice for salesmen traveling all over the USA to crawl through the trap door  into the trunk and sleep . so they could save on hotel expenses. thats why they called it a businessman's coupe. Rene

69charger2002

what an awesome car for $1200! i'm not even into 30's cars much but wow i can appreciate that you stole that one!
trav
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/